Germany NT 2019

• Felix Koslowski announced 26 players for NT season this summer. He also said that some young players declined the invitation and that this has become more and more a problem over the last few years and that they have to analyse how they can make playing for NT more attractive for all players again. Meanwhile, Lisa Thomsen will join the team as team manager this summer to improve the connection between players and staff even more.

Training camp will start on 29 April, players that are still with their clubs will join later.

Setters: Corinna Glaab, Denise Hanke, Denise Imoudu, Pia Kästner

OPP: Kimberly Drewniok, Louisa Lippmann, Emilia Weske, Nele Barber (also OH), Luisa Keller (also OH)

OH: Lina Alsmeier, Jennifer Geerties, Anne Hölzig, Hanna Orthmann, Jana-Franziska Poll, Lena Stigrot

MB: Josepha Bock, Lisa Gründing, Selma Hetmann, Marie Schölzel, Leonie Schwertmann, Celin Stöhr, Camilla Weitzel, Natalie Wilczek

L: Linda Bock, Lenka Dürr, Anna Pogany

Among those players there are 11 with no NT experience yet and 8 of them are from the 2000/01 generation. I like it a lot that Koslowski invests in the future already now because there are a lot of talented girls who might not play a big role yet this summer but can be important players in a few years.

• Which youngsters do you think decline the invitation? It seems like all players that 'matters' are there

• I think Emma Cyris definitely got an invitation as well, and from the a little less young players I could imagine that Juliane Langgemach and Lisa Stock might have been invited, maybe also Julia Schaefer. According to Stuttgart's management Annie Cesar was hoping to be invited but Koslowski did not call her. I think it wouldn't harm to have her there, at least for training purposes.

• Setters: Corinna Glaab, Denise Hanke, Denise Imoudu, Pia Kästner

OPP: Kimberly Drewniok, Louisa Lippmann, Emilia Weske, Nele Barber (also OH), Luisa Keller (also OH)

OH: Lina Alsmeier, Jennifer Geerties, Anne Hölzig, Hanna Orthmann, Jana-Franziska Poll, Lena Stigrot

MB: Josepha Bock, Lisa Gründing, Selma Hetmann, Marie Schölzel, Leonie Schwertmann, Celin Stöhr, Camilla Weitzel, Natalie Wilczek

L: Linda Bock, Lenka Dürr, Anna Pogany

Who will the starting MBs in important matches?

Lisa Gründing + Camilla Weitzel? Will Marie Schölzel back in shape?

For the other positions, the starting line-up is relatively fixed.

• Marie Schölzel made a good impression towards the end of this season so I expect her to be back at full force in NT summer. I'm not sure if Weitzel is ready yet to be starter, but I hope she gets a lot of court time to gain experience. I guess Schölzel-Gründing-Weitzel will be the MBs, possibly Schwertmann as 4th option.

And yes, the other positions are pretty much certain. Hanke, Lippmann, Geerties, Orthmann, Dürr should be the starting line-up.

By the way, Irina Kemmsies returns on court next season in Kanti Schaffhausen, so after all she didn't retire for good. I hope we can see her back in NT next summer maybe...

• Marie Schölzel made a good impression towards the end of this season so I expect her to be back at full force in NT summer. I'm not sure if Weitzel is ready yet to be starter, but I hope she gets a lot of court time to gain experience. I guess Schölzel-Gründing-Weitzel will be the MBs, possibly Schwertmann as 4th option.

And yes, the other positions are pretty much certain. Hanke, Lippmann, Geerties, Orthmann, Dürr should be the starting line-up.

MB is the weakest position for German NT. Hope the NT can build a strong duo.

• Considering that the playoff finals surely won't end before 8th May, I guess Koslowski won't take any players from Schwerin and Stuttgart to Montreux, plus some of the girls from 2000/01 have final exams at school and join the team later, but I don't know exactly which ones and when they'll come, That makes the roster choices on most positions quite limited...

S: Imoudu, (Glaab?)

OPP: Lippmann, ?

OH: Stigrot, Orthmann, Hölzig, ?

MB: most players of that position should be available, I expect Schölzel, Gründing, Schwertmann plus someone else as 4th

L: Dürr, (Bock?)

Maybe in the end it might even be necessary that somebody from Schwerin/Stuttgart will be in the roster, but I hope they get rested because VNL starts without a break right after Montreux already...

• From the initially announced 26 players for this summer, Emilia Weske, Josepha Bock and Anne Hölzig are not on the 25 player roster for VNL, they are replaced by Lea Ambrosius (MB, 2000) and Elisa Lohmann (L, 1998), both from Schwerin. Lohmann is playing Montreux right now as well. No official word from DVV about the changes yet...

• Can someone explain me that Lohmann doesn’t play in league and she start play in National Team. To be honest is like mafia. I don’t understand this. I like Felix but can’t be like this in my opinion. Is not personality for Elisa but is signal that you must play in Schwerin or some coach from National Team that you will be in roster. I don’t said about players who play really good but only from bench.

• I was asking myself the same. On the other hand, which better German liberos do we have in Bundesliga? I assume Lisa Stock declined the invitation to NT, Dürr didn't seem healthy today, Bock is even younger than Lohmann, Pogany needs rest, Annie Cesar plays just as little as Lohmann, Petter is not NT material. So who should Koslowski call instead?