Germany NT 2019

• I really wonder that will Jennifer Geerties and Hanke join NT in 2nd week of VNL?

Hanke will be there instead of Kästner, about Geerties there is no info yet.

Apparently the team that plays Universiade is officially considered as B-NT, coach by Alexander Waibl. So far the names known preparing for that tournament are Emma Cyris, Camilla Weitzel, Lea Ambrosius, Natalie Wilczek, so I guess it might be pretty much the U20 NT plus some slightly older ones to complete the team. I have no idea if the real U20 NT plays U20 WCH, there is no website yet for the tournament and as usual no info from DVV :roll:

EDIT: Wikipedia says no.

• DVV is as quiet as ever, but CEV site now has the 22 player wide roster of Germany for ECH here.

S: Denise Hanke, Pia Kästner, Denise Imoudu, Lena Möllers

OPP: Louisa Lippmann, Kimberly Drewniok

OH: Jennifer Geerties, Hanna Orthmann, Jana Franziska Poll, Nele Barber, Lina Alsmeier, Emma Cyris

MB: Marie Schölzel, Lisa Gründing, Leonie Schwertmann, Camilla Weitzel, Lea Ambrosius, Josepha Bock, Selma Hetmann

L: Lenka Dürr, Anna Pogany, Linda Bock

Lena Stigrot is not in the roster, no idea why ?( Emma Cyris didn't play Universiade due to an illness and wasn't in the original wide roster for the summer, so I'm surprised to see her name there. Natalie Wilczek who played VNL and Universiade also isn't there, but she wouldn't have made the final roster anyway.

According to Alexander Waibl, Camilla Weitzel after Universiade joined the main NT training right away, so I hope she'll be there, it's better to invest in her than to keep Schwertmann as 3rd MB who won't improve anymore and simply isn't on international level.

Lina Alsmeier in Universiade had overall better stats than Nele Barber who on the other hand did fairly well in VNL, so I guess 4th OH spot will be decided between those two.

I have no idea why Lena Möllers is in the roster, I don't think it makes any sense...

• Photo of the presentation of the new shirt sponsor for women's NT

Palmberg-empfaengt-die-Frauen-Nationalmannschaft_w760.jpg

Lena Stigrot is there, and surprisingly so is Ivana Vanjak :what: Also Natalie Wilczek is in the photo, so the roster on CEV site is at least incomplete.

• Just saw the article published on DVV anouncing the end of Durr's career in NT.

Way too surprising and abrupt for the Fans ,it was so weird,there's no signs before...

A HUGE loss for the german NT apparently, I don't think neither Pogany nor Lohmann is ready for the regular libero spot...

• The whole story looks very suspicious :white: It comes totally out of the blue, apparently she was training regularly with NT all the time and now all of a sudden she quits right away and won't even play IOQT and ECH anymore :what: A month ago in an interview she still said playing in OG would be a big dream for her. There must be something serious behind it I think...I wondered for a minute if she might be pregnant, but she talks about leaving NT in order to be able to still play volleyball on high level for a longer time, so that's rather unlikely.

Either way, it is definitely a big loss. She is possibly the most "world class" player we have (or rather had...) in NT, and none of the other liberos come any close to her nowadays.

• Pregnant was my first thought, too! But as you said Matthias, it can't be the reason, when you read the full article.

I do wonder the actual reason behind all this since the statement given in the article wasn’t that convincing at all. :white:

She’ve mentioned in an earlier interview that she was eager to play OG and we can see that she was absolutely serious when saying these words. But within such a short period everything suddenly turned upside down. Shortly comes the IOQT and there will only be three matches. Still she decided to quit immediately, which means no farewell matches and she was even not willing to give one last shot for her OG dreams. I believe three more matches do no harm considering her declaration stating that she would like to continue her professional career and maintain an excellent level in club games.

There’s definitely something bigger behind her retirement from NT, something more than physical concerns.

• Pregnant was my first thought, too! But as you said Matthias, it can't be the reason, when you read the full article.

Well that she will play longer on high level didn't means that she play next Season 😂 🤔

• I didn't think that is the reason. Probaly Felix think she is not really fit and he make Anna to Nr.1 Libera. For me the only reason at this time.

I really can't imagine that. First of all, Felix is not dumb, there is no way Pogany could be ahead of Lenka now. And even if, Lenka has always been a team player, I really don't think she'd quit because of such a thing. In 2015 when Pedulla was coach he prefered Thomsen as libero and it wasn't any problem.

I'm really annoyed by DVV. Not a single word about NT since the end of VNL, no info who is training, no mention of the tournament in Russia, nothing at all :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: Meanwhile, on CEV site the roster for ECH has been updated with correct shirt numbers plus the addition of Wilczek, but Stigrot still isn't in the list even though she is definitely with the team now. Pogany and Bock are registered as libero players for ECH, Dürr is in the wide roster as normal player.

• I really can't imagine that. First of all, Felix is not dumb, there is no way Pogany could be ahead of Lenka now. And even if, Lenka has always been a team player, I really don't think she'd quit because of such a thing. In 2015 when Pedulla was coach he prefered Thomsen as libero and it wasn't any problem.

I'm really annoyed by DVV. Not a single word about NT since the end of VNL, no info who is training, no mention of the tournament in Russia, nothing at all :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: Meanwhile, on CEV site the roster for ECH has been updated with correct shirt numbers plus the addition of Wilczek, but Stigrot still isn't in the list even though she is definitely with the team now. Pogany and Bock are registered as libero players for ECH, Dürr is in the wide roster as normal player.

That is all curios :-) Orthmann are in Monza. Why is she didn't with the Team in Russia? Injury? Well there are no Information from the DVV about the squad. :mad:

• Orthmann is injured. Koslowski hope she can play the European Championship.

Denise Hanke , Pia Kästner

Anna Pogany , Linda Bock

Camilla Weitzel , Leonie Schwertmann , Marie Schölzel ,Lisa Gründing

Louisa Lippmann , Kimberly Drewniok

Nele Barber , Jennifer Geerties , Jana-Franziska Poll ,Lena Stigrot

• All this is tricks from Felix and Schwerin. They do whatever they want and they care only about Schwerin and nobody else.They don't understand that they represent a country and it's not all about Schwerin. They even had Barfield as co-trainer in the U17 games with Germany.All the staff of NT is somehow connected with Schwerin,check all this and you will agree with me.

:rolll::rolll: Sure. :woohoo:

• Orthmann (allegedly...) has muscular leg problems. I remember already in the last week of VNL she had a lot of tape on her leg, so I guess it can be true. I hope she'll be back for ECH, but meanwhile, if we ever had the slightest bit of chance to win the OQT, this is for sure impossible now.

• As expected, Germany travels to China with the same roster that played the tournament in Russia. In the latest article there is no mention about Lippmann being injured, so whatever happened to her against Belgium apparently wasn't too serious.

• Chances are that Natalie Wilczek would join the roster for the Olympics Qualification as 4th MB despite the original one published by DVV cuz COINCIDENTALLY she also arrived in Frankfurt Airport last night.

I’d love to see her in place of Schwertmann since her serves in VNL were somehow impressive and she might play a bigger role than Leonie probably in the not too distant future.

Anyway we will see in a few days8o