Germany NT 2019

• Chances are that Natalie Wilczek would join the roster for the Olympics Qualification as 4th MB despite the original one published by DVV cuz COINCIDENTALLY she also arrived in Frankfurt Airport last night.

I’d love to see her in place of Schwertmann since her serves in VNL were somehow impressive and she might play a bigger role than Leonie probably in the not too distant future.

Anyway we will see in a few days8o

Not a good sign IMO, I don't see why Felix would take her instead of any other MB, so I could imagine if she really is with the team it might be as replacement for Lippmann if eventually her injury is more serious than expected. Apparently Wilczek, Vanjak and J.Bock are the only players training other than the 14 that were in Russia, and Vanjak is still not fully recovered from her ACL injury, so in order to have 14 players if someone has to miss out, there must be 5 MBs :aww:

• German 15-roster for ECH-preparation

OPP:Lippmann, Drewniok

S: Hanke, Kästner

OH:Geerties, Poll, Stigrot, Alsmeier, Barber

MB: Schölzel, Gründing, Weitzel, Wilczek

L: Pogany, L.Bock

One member will be eventually cut out after the friendly-matches with Poland which takes place on 15. and16. August.

Apparently Orthmann who is currently suffering an injury in leg didn't make it to the final preparation anyway. Neither did Ivana Vanjak who hasn't yet recovered to the level of ECH.

• It's basically the roster from OQT plus Lina Alsmeier, which makes me think that Koslowski considers replacing Barber or Stigrot with her. After all she did better than Barber in Universiade, and she is a more talented player than Stigrot overall for sure, but I'm not sure if this is the right time for experiments.

I hope Orthmann is really injured (I know, sounds paradox) and there is nothing else going on behind the scenes. It's the 2nd summer in a row that she leaves mid-way due to an injury, but it's better not to risk anything if she really has problems, we're gonna need her for about 10 more years ^^

• Koslowski will decide the final roster for ECH after today's match. Vanjak will surely not play ECH (Buijs would kill Koslowski with bare hands if he selected her :D) and I guess the 2nd player to be cut will be either Alsmeier or Wilczek.

• Do you know if today’s match vs Poland will be broadcasted?

• Barber and Wilczek got eliminated at the last minute.

So Vanjak eventually did catch up with the ECH which is actually a bit surprising...( I thought she hasn’t restored to the best version of herself and would have to focus on the upcoming professional season or something:what:)

And I am not a big fan of the idea of cutting out Barber instead of Stigrot. It’s true that she hasn’t done a decent job in reception recently but IMO her attacking capacity is more needy at the moment. Overall Stigrot didn’t have a more convincing performance in attacking during the 2 friendly matches even the whole summer anyway.

• Where did you read it? I haven't found anything yet, and I'm utterly surprised. Teun Buijs is having a heart attack somewhere right now :aww: and Barber out is not fair!

EDIT Ok, the roster is on Facebook, I just checked the DVV website. I should really know better...

• The official statement by Koslowski: he chose to take Vanjak instead of a 4th MB in order to have more options in attack, but Wilczek will stay ready because apparently it will be possible to change a player in the roster during ECH in case of injury :what: Other than that, he says Barber is exhausted from the long NT summer and Alsmeier is in very good shape at the moment, thus this decision.

Vanjak physically is 100% recovered from her injury, but she hasn't played a match since November, so I'm really not sure about this. But then, there also is no need to bring a 4th MB who can't do anything except serving :whistle:

• Considering that Pia Kästner is almost sure to miss OQT (in other words: Kim Renkema would kill Koslowski with her own hands if he dare using her there), it will be interesting to see who is going to be Hanke's backup there. Imoudu is the most logical choice as she spent much of the summer with NT, but right now she is on bench a lot for Potsdam (not easy being the coach's girlfriend's backup:whistle:), but IMO Magda Gryka is doing a very good job in Straubing so far, especially given the circumstances there. Or might we even see a comeback of the mighty Lena Möllers? And then, Irina Kemmsies is also back on court now in Swiss league. Time will tell...

Other than that I expect the roster to be more or less the same as in ECH, with possibly Orthmann and/or Barber instead of Alsmeier. There were also rumors of Maren Fromm joining the team again, but I really don't see that coming. She gave birth in summer and isn't playing in any club now, so she wouldn't be in any kind of shape to help the team.

• Compared to this list, the 27 player very wide roster for OQT shows:

S: Kemmsies (even Kästner is on the list :what:)

OH: Stigrot, Grozer, Vanjak, Agbortabi (no Cyris)

MB: Wilczek, Langgemach, Anstasia Cekulaev from VCO Berlin in second league( no Hetmann or Schwertmann)

L: Lohmann (no Dürr obviously)

https://www.cev.eu/Competition…aspx?TeamID=11736&ID=1208

It should be kept in mind that CEV's list for the ECH was apparently not completely correct (e.g. missing Stigrot), so there might be mistakes in the new list too.

• https://www.cev.eu/Competition-Area/CompetitionTeamDetails.aspx?TeamID=11736&ID=1208

It should be kept in mind that CEV's list for the ECH was apparently not completely correct (e.g. missing Stigrot), so there might be mistakes in the new list too.

The list looks pretty reasonable, but I really miss Gryka there. Assuming that Kästner won't be ready, one of Imoudu/Kemmsies/Möllers will be the backup setter.

Looks like the idea of Brinker returning has not turned out to become true...