• I hope that Startseva, Kadochkina, Voronkova, Orlova, Kotikova and Galkina join to NT in the next week.

My gosh, is this the Russia's future? :/

No. Indeed, the vast majority of Russia's lineup have 22 to 25 y-o... the same age of Parubets, Fetisova and Voronkova and these three players are better than Iurinskia, Efimova, Khaketskaya, etc... I think that Russia's future are in the youth and junior team in this moment.

• Parubets, Galkina, Orlova, Romanova, Kotikova will join NT in 3rd week of VNL. Pankov will also join NT in 3rd week.

Startseva will join NT in 4th week of VNL and there is probable Voronkova may join NT in 4th week too.

Kadochkina still has health issues, when she will be in good condition she will also join NT too.

Goncharova and Koroleva will skip this tournament this year.

• I wonder why coach Pankov didn't join the team in the past few weeks. I must to say that Russia isn't in a position of having its main coach missing some live performing matches , even though been played by such a young squad. Its just an observation form part. Maybe he had some personal issues or something else...

• I think that Russian Team B should be...

Oh: Iurinskaia, Kotikova, Kuznetsova and Vorobyeva

Op: Khaletskaya, Russu

Mb: Lazarenko (if Orlova takes her spot in the Team A), Zaytseva, Zubareva

S: Matveeva, Ryseva

L: Kurnosova

• What about Babeshina (former Sheshenina)?

Did she refuse the NT calling or she wasnt called at all? I know she is not younger anymore, but I think she has been the best russian setter in the last 2 seasons. I mean, only about setting skills. Starstseva is a more complete player since she is a good blocker and server.

• Except Startseva, I don't like our setters. Romanova is kind of joke, I don't remember her playing well in NT. Even when Startseva out, Romanova in (WCH) and most of our attacks got blocked by opponents because of her passes. Next year she may be sub for Startseva in Kazan, I wonder that will Pankov invite her again. Big and mysterious question to me.

Vera Salikova may be main setter of Uralochka next year and Filishtinskaia may come back after break, I really want to hope their playing better and take the spot from Romanova. Romanova is gonna be second Pankova. I don't understand what Karpol and Pankov saw in her. I simply can't stand her.

Another question to me is all about our MBs. Except Fetisova and Koroleva, the rest of them seems useless. Efimova never stays in the right place to block the attack of opponent and that's why we have rare block pts nowadays. I sometimes can't understand the head coaches and their choices.

I agree on Romanova. Never really liked her. She had some good play off games this season (and a terrible one against Moscow) but not convincing during regular season and in NT. Ryseva is not terrible but really short. I think Anufrienko did well this season and Matveeva looks promising for the future.

I hope Zubareva will get a chance to play instead of Orlova this week...

• What about Samoylenko, Stolyarova and Malova? They are already out of plans?

Malova was amazing in NT before she had decided to take a break.

I hope we won’t see Efimova anymore, she’s quite useless and not even young.

• Samoylenko was injured most of the time for the last two years. I am actually a bit surprised that Kazan extended the contract with her but maybe she recovered.

Stolyarova made hardly any game in the regular season but did surprisingly well in the play offs (played OH). I think she is better than Khaletskaya but also a few years older.

I would expect Malova probably back for the EC and should be in the olympic team 2020. And I really like Pilipenko.

• It's confirmed, we'll have mini tournament called "Gubernator Cup" from 24 July to 26 July in Kaliningrad. As I said before, participating teams are : Russia, Belgium, Poland and Germany.

According to Pankov's words, we'll have another such a tournament in Kaliningrad before OGQ.

• Russia has a 194 cm (!) tall setter in their wide roster for the VNL, Polina Matveeva (born 2002):

https://www.cev.eu/Competition…30&PlayerID=70735&ID=1060

http://www.dinamo-kazan.com/te…ayers/?season=2019&id=137 (listed as 192 cm here)

On the VNL website she's listed as 188cm, but nonetheless she's still young and has room for growth.

It's not often you see +190cm setters and probably for a particular reason.

• The pros and cons of having tall setters are like that, if you have tall setter in your team, it means you may have some advantage in front of the net (block, dump shot) and unfortunately, disadvantage on defence. I mostly prefer a setter of medium height like from 178 to 184.

I've just remembered Pankov's interview to the press. They asked him, if young talented libero grew taller like 2m and would you give a chance such a tall one to play as a libero. His reply was like that, if young libero grew taller like 2m and she would become OH player.