• I think the main problem for the Russian NT is still reception & defense I don`t see them getting any better if they don`t improve their ball control in general. Russia needs younger coaches, they need to learn how to play a more modern volleyball. I feel like all these younger players can`t identify themselves with these older coaches and old school volleyball. All the chinese girls look up to Lang Ping as they want to be the player she was and they want to be the person she is now. I would get Gamova to be the head coach right now.

They did not play well, but I still liked their attitude on the court.

Maybe Voronkova,Parutes,Goncha will surprise us in Tokyo....but still....they will need much more than that moving forward.

• Russia is lucky to be grouped in an easier pool in the Olympic qualifier because based on what they are showing, boy they will be in trouble qualifying. None of the new players really showed positive prospect. Libero and setter is a big worry. Lets just hope Goncharova and Kosheleva have enough gas to bail them out in the important upcoming tournaments.

• Russia is lucky to be grouped in an easier pool in the Olympic qualifier because based on what they are showing, boy they will be in trouble qualifying. None of the new players really showed positive prospect. Libero and setter is a big worry. Lets just hope Goncharova and Kosheleva have enough gas to bail them out in the important upcoming tournaments.

Yes I agree, Russia could have been kicked out easily in other pools. Not only their youngsters but also veterans like Voronkova and Parubets are in a terrible shape:white:

• probably you forget last WCH, let's remind it you again, Russia 3-0 Turkey (w/o Kosheleva, Goncharova, Malykh, Khodunova):roll:

Parubets and Voronkova didnt skip single game in Russian Superliga like some players did in other Superliga ;)they are just tired:gone:

• probably you forget last WCH, let's remind it you again, Russia 3-0 Turkey (w/o Kosheleva, Goncharova, Malykh, Khodunova):roll:

Parubets and Voronkova didnt skip single game in Russian Superliga like some players did in other Superliga ;)they are just tired:gone:

Probably, you forget, in sports there is no yesterday, it is only about today:roll:

• Probably, you forget, in sports there is no yesterday, it is only about today:roll:

Don't worry lets do it her style.

That match in Wch was *excuse, excuse, excuse and excuse, excuse so therefore its irrelevant*

So now that we can forget about Wch, remember Ech 2017 when Turkey beat Russia's A squad 3-0 and then become nr 3 in Europe. Russia was not in top 4, so we can say Turkey is better then Russia at least for now :gone:

Or we can just follow the upcoming matches and see what happens. :lol:

I personally love Parubets-Voronkova duo but have to admit Russia is on a historical low for them in volleyball, they were always title contenders but I dont see that now.

• anyways I don't want to start fights so I deleted my post, I actually even like Russian NT. Parubets, Koroleva are some of my fave players in the world atm. But ur attitude is a bit annoying.

• Goncharova didn't want to visit Turkey because there were political issues between the countries in that year, but I thought you were against bringing politics into volleyball :gone:

You're literally the only person I ever heard of that Turkish people are unfriendly or rude to foreigners. I would make a joke about Russians with their cold personalities not understanding us but I have many Russian friends and I do not generalize.

Btw I have to say people in Istanbul are dicks, they are really bitchy and think they're better then everyone else, I'm from Ankara and know this. Not to foreigners though afaik but times change, if they were rude to you I'm sorry on their behalf.

• And what makes he think Voronkova and Parutes are veteran players ? 🤣😂!!!!!!

probably you forget last WCH, let's remind it you again, Russia 3-0 Turkey (w/o Kosheleva, Goncharova, Malykh, Khodunova):roll:

• Enina and Stalnaya will also participate in Universiade. There's a rumor that the best player of Universiade team will have a chance to join main Russian NT.

I think that Enina and Evdokimova are better than Orlova and Zubareva. Stalnaya won't probably participate in Universiade... she is just training in a large list of players (?) hahaha.

Wow ...14th place at the standing table in a VNL?.. hard to see and believe. Had this ever happened before ?

Yes, but in the WL 2012 (male competition). Russia was the worst team in that competition (because they played with the team B).

• Yes Russia had a very poor VNL but that is because they played mostly without A team players and changed the team almost every week. The main problem is that they are lacking back up-players which makes the team vulnerable if a top player is injured or has a bad form.

Russia has 6 weeks to train and we will see a very different team by then.

I would expect:

Startseva - Romanova

Goncharova - Kadochkina

Fetisova - Koroleva - (Lazarenko - Efimova)

Parubets - Voronkova - Kotikova

Malova

This team should make the OG qualification without too much problems and should do better at the EC than last time. The main problems are the setters and the OH substitutes. Kutyukova might be an option to help the reception. If Kadochkina is healthy she will be a good option as a sub OPP and could be used as an OH against weaker teams. Kotikova is also looking promising.

• The main problem is that they are The main problems are the setters and the OH substitutes.

In my opinion Starteva is OK, but she wasn't in her best level in that VNL. Romanova plays really fast and the players who plays fast in NT are Parubets and Kadochkina.

And, Kosheleva, Kurilo and Khodunova (she in the next year) could be good OH substitutes. Obviously each player must be in her best level if Russia wants to get something :win:

• Startseva, Romanova, Goncharova, Koroleva, Fetisova, Galkina, Voronkova, Parubets, Malova. Those players are core players and they will definitely participate in OGQ and ECH. We have 5 free spot, and Kurilo officially is invited today, it means one spot or gap is filled in this case. Honestly, I wasn't sure about her case. But that news is officially confirmed by Lokomotiv Kaliningrad's official site.

We have 4 free spot for the rest of players. Probably 2 of them will be MBs and one OH and one OPP.

Russia's NT is so weak compared to the other teams today. It's so sad and frustrating because they used to be very strong and I have been a big fan. But now I'm following Serbia and Italy more closely instead. I also don't see any young players in the team who are at par with Zhu Ting, Boskovic, Egonu, etc. :-(

• In case of Kosha not coming back, the most possible problem for Russia would be Ilchenko-Voronkova duo not playing well, that would mean Goncha will get a crazy amount of balls. Koroleva could be dominant in attack however to make that happen they need solid passing, though with Malova back it’ll somehow set the disastrous reception. Galkina was decent but both Ilchenko and Voronkova were definitely not at 100% during the VNL.

I don’t personally understand the hate Romanova gets, to me she’s really okay, besides she knows what sort of balls her side attackers want to get, especially Xenia who’s her teammate in Ekaterinburg.

I’m honestly not worried about Mexiko and Canada but South Korea could be a hard opponent if they get to play with their best players, having someone like KYK is also an important fact.

With Goncha back, Ilchenko wouldn’t have to play such a big role in attack so that her level of passing may be better, I hope Startseva uses the middles as much as she could. From what I saw Korean blockers are very clumsy when it comes to slide attacks, though It’s clear that none of the Irinas would prefer slides :lol:

• But the problem with Kosheleva coming back is she will take one of the starter OH spots of either Parubets-Voronkova and that will cause an even bigger problem with the reception.. As what I said before, Kosha can return to the team only if she is ready and accept to be a bench player, either as OH sub or backup OPP to Goncha but I don't think Kosha is willing tbh

I also don't get the hate for Romanova, I actually like her she knows how to set high balls and also tries to play fast offense esp with the wings, and her biggest asset is of course her serve.

Also, if either one of Parubets-Voronkova is under-performing, maybe Kadochkina can replace either of them as the backup opp position is really just a "filler" as Goncha is on court all the time lol

• Khaletskaia :what: Stolyarova can be a better backup to Goncha if Kadochkina will not join NT this year.. Hell even Voronkova can play OPP position better than Khaletskaia

• The final round of the U16 ECH for women will unravel in a couple of weeks with Russia as one of the participants.

Here is the roster: https://www.cev.eu/Competition…aspx?TeamID=11074&ID=1113

Though this is a thread primary about the senior team, I cannot but be taken aback by the height of those 14-15 year old players. This team, consisting of players born 2004, has four players that are 195 cm or above. Most senior teams, which benefits from a much wider age span to select between, rarely manage to obtain this quantity. Given their age, several of them might grow even more in the future as well.