• The Russian national team will play the European championship with the following composition:

Startseva - Romanova

Goncharova - Lazareva - Khaletskaya

Parubets - Voronkova - Kurilo

Koroleva - Fetisova - Lazarenko - Efimova

Galkina - Pilipenko

I am very happy to see Lazareva finally in the team. I believe lea will be the player who will replace Goncharova. She is young and very good.

The Russian team is getting stronger and stronger.

I believe the current team will be leaving Pilipenko, Kurilo and Khaletskaya during the next summer, and will return to Malova, Kosheleva and Kadokchina.

Anyway, I hope Lazareva has a chance to play and give Goncharova a rest, and everyone will see that she will be Russia's future in Goncharova's position.

Parubets - Voronkova - Lazareva = The future of Russia.

http://www.volley.ru/news/20364/

• That reception line looks shaky to me. Hopefully Parubets + Galkina can withstand the pressure. They really need Khodonova/Scherban type of player to stabilize the reception.

• They really need Khodonova/Scherban type of player to stabilize the reception.

I always liked Scherban. Don't see her mentioned much lately. Is she done with the NT? I realize there are other players coming up with different skill sets, but I miss her.

• As far as I remember she's still interested in playing for NT but it has been Pankov's decision, no detailed explanations given why she's out.

• I always liked Scherban. Don't see her mentioned much lately. Is she done with the NT? I realize there are other players coming up with different skill sets, but I miss her.

Her level has dropped significantly and considering Russia's results lately, I think it just makes sense to give the chance for someone else and see if they can contribute more.

• Her level has dropped significantly and considering Russia's results lately, I think it just makes sense to give the chance for someone else and see if they can contribute more.

Yeah, I guess she's old school, stoic. I'll keep her around on my profile pic 8)

• Kosheleva: the main goal is the Tokyo Olympics in 2020

Source: https://translate.googleuserco…PKzg?utm_source=copypaste

Not surprised, she'll join the NT next year. I only hope Koshe plays VNL and not just join the selection for Tokyo. She has missed playing in the NT for two years now IIRC last time she played was in ECH 2017. I hope she can regain some of her old form..

OT: With Koshe's return, it's possible we may not see Kadochkina starting in NT until 2021 after which I expect Koshe to retire from NT

• Goncharova: “We made mistakes at decisive moments, I particularly missed the last ball. I feel overwhelmed at times in the game. We have to work harder to make progress both on court and in groups. ”

I just saw a picture in IG of Goncharova seemingly in tears after the QF match with Italy, haters can say all they want about her, but she really cares for this team even if most of the time she hides her emotions

Come to think about it, Goncha has been carrying the team for a good few years now. Back then, Gamova was in a similar postion but she had Sokolova to help her out. Gaahhhd I'm teary eyed as Im typing this ;(;(;(

• Kosheleva will only make things worse for Russia. Her last 3 seasons(Eczacibasi-Galatasaray-Rio) were just terrible. 2 women passing line with Parubets? It's not gonna work.

Russia needs Kadochkina to step up her game and deliver when Voronkova is off. Kosheleva is not an option.

Pankov made a big mistake this year. Kadochkina should have joined the team this summer.

• Goncharova: “We made mistakes at decisive moments, I particularly missed the last ball. I feel overwhelmed at times in the game. We have to work harder to make progress both on court and in groups. ”

I just saw a picture in IG of Goncharova seemingly in tears after the QF match with Italy, haters can say all they want about her, but she really cares for this team even if most of the time she hides her emotions

Come to think about it, Goncha has been carrying the team for a good few years now. Back then, Gamova was in a similar postion but she had Sokolova to help her out. Gaahhhd I'm teary eyed as Im typing this ;(;(;(

Ofc, she does care about the NT otherwise she would refuse to play the NT. Here is the problem, it is her 4 years in the NT but she attains nothing. She has achieved nothing since 2015 ECH. Ofc, she is not a mid level player, she always has goals to reach it. Her being upset is understandable, sometimes coach staffs, or her teammates don't convince her to the victory. That's why she seems too cold blooded on the court. If you invite (for example a good experienced italian coach) probably her reaction will be different. As a viewer, I'm not happy by the performance of the team, coach staffs, how such a top player will be happy with that result.

• Ofc, she does care about the NT otherwise she would refuse to play the NT. Here is the problem, it is her 4 years in the NT but she attains nothing. She has achieved nothing since 2015 ECH. Ofc, she is not a mid level player, she always has goals to reach it. Her being upset is understandable, sometimes coach staffs, or her teammates don't convince her to the victory. That's why she seems too cold blooded on the court. If you invite (for example a good experienced italian coach) probably her reaction will be different. As a viewer, I'm not happy by the performance of the team, coach staffs, how such a top player will be happy with that result.

You were claiming that Russia will be great at this ECh although they sucked terribly during VNL and clearly Russia didn't live up to expectations once more time. I really don't think they deserve to go to OG instead of NED, TUR, POL. They were again too lucky with the OQ draw:down:

• You were claiming that Russia will be great at this ECh although they sucked terribly during VNL and clearly Russia didn't live up to expectations once more time. I really don't think they deserve to go to OG instead of NED, TUR, POL. They were again too lucky with the OQ draw:down:

could you please stop provoking people here ?

This thread is all about the Russian NT, and news about this team. If you don't have any news or etc, plz don't write the opinions which is not interesting for me or other people. You dislike the Russian NT ? Then skip this thread like I did about other threads, who force you to write here your pointless opinion, which no one cares. Your team reaches final, gud for you. It is the Russian NT, if you have some news to share, then do it, if you don't have then plz don't disturb me with your pointless opinions.

• + It'll probably be the last chance for Pankov to prove himself. I've read plenty of interviews, Karpol, Sokolova, Zinichev, Godina somehow blamed him about the last results. If he manages to win at the W.C, that will probably save his life one more year. Zinichev was too mad at him, don't know you read that interview of him.

Do you have that interview in English can you share? Thanks!

• You were claiming that Russia will be great at this ECh although they sucked terribly during VNL and clearly Russia didn't live up to expectations once more time. I really don't think they deserve to go to OG instead of NED, TUR, POL. They were again too lucky with the OQ draw:down:

With the way how Russia played against Italy, no doubt they can beat Poland who plays a similar kind of volleyball to them only Poland does not have Egonu.. And I would even argue, NED is an even bigger question mark than Russia atm. No point in discussing the pools in Olympic Qualifers as that is a done deal Russia is going to Tokyo. Live with it :wavy:

• Do you have that interview in English can you share? Thanks!

1)Vladimir Zinichev, general manager of Dynamo Moscow, commented on the relegation of the Russian national team from the European Championship. The Russians in the quarterfinals lost to the Italian team.

“Before the start of the tournament, I said that a team that has won the European Championship gold twice in the last 6 years would be wrong to be content with talking about bronze or reaching the semifinals,” Zinicheva quotes RIA Novosti. - My position has not changed. A defeat in the quarter-finals is a failure, and the reasons for the failure and the perpetrators are the subject of litigation for the All-Russian Volleyball Federation. From the position of the club it is difficult for me to judge the reasons. Dynamo sent the players requested by the coaching staff, and I saw that the girls were "chopped off", brought points. They did everything, but there is no result, and why it is not, this is a question for the people who are responsible for it.

2)Volleyball players of the Russian national team could not defeat the Italian team and reach the semifinals of the European Championship because of their own mistakes in the endings of the games, said two-time European and world champion Lyubov Sokolova to RIA Novosti.

On Wednesday, the Russian team lost to the Italian team with a score of 1-3 in the quarterfinals of the European Championship and completed their performance at the tournament.

“It's sad. It's a pity that we lost. Today the Russian team had every chance to go further, and the girls had the mood, and at some points luck was on our side. Our team played excellent today compared to the group stage matches, I’m ready to fight. Today, the Russian team lost the endings of the games due to their own mistakes, including tactical ones in terms of direction of transfers. And, of course, at the decisive moment the reception was not the best when we lost three goals in a row, "Sokolova said in a telephone conversation.

“Italy has always been a serious adversary for us, which we had to tune into properly, regardless of their rating. But the fact that we were left without medals is, of course, bad. All the same, there was every opportunity to get into prizes, ”added the agency’s interlocutor.

3)Former head coach of the Russian women's volleyball team, two-time Olympic champion Nikolai Karpol told RIA Novosti that he was very disappointed that the Russians were left without medals in the European Championship.

The Russian team on Wednesday lost to the Italian team with a score of 1-3 in the quarterfinals of the European Championship and completed their performance at the tournament.

“The Russian team today played great, fought. In order to transfer the match to a tie-break and win, we lacked functional and physical training. I don’t know why they did not pass the necessary training. In technology and tactics we were no worse than Italians “I don’t know what others think, but I was very disappointed that we were left without medals. Many of my students play on this team, my student Vadim Anatolyevich Pankov works. I was worried about everyone,” Karpol said over the phone.

“Some players may not have had enough recovery after the championship of Russia. If you decided to give a rest after the championship, you had to give all the main players a break at the same time, and then at some stage of the League of Nations to play with the same composition that went through the same way, and recovery, and training, "the source said.

Yeah, some people are so into judging people by looking the surface, she looks as cold as frozen Siberian snow, but that doesn't necessarily describe her personality. If she didn't care about anything, she would probably have refused to play for NT.

I guess she wasn't satisfied with the performance of Efimova and Voronkova, well what to say, let's see what happens.

• IMHO Russia has to play with the best team in Japan assuming you get points for the FIVB World Ranking. After disappointing results in the last two years the really need the points and it would also help psychologically (top 4 should be the goal). I would like to see a third setter (Startseva showed a bad form at the ECh and Romanova was not that good either). I would also like to see other substitute players. There should be an additional OH player besides Kurilo (Kotikova?) and I would like to see Vorobyeva in the team (OPP or OH). I did not understand why Lazareva and Khaletskaya were both in the ECh team. IMHO the NT team should primarily use players who play regularly in their clubs therefore Lazareva has no place in the team (would be different if she were still young like Kadochkina...).

• With the way how Russia played against Italy, no doubt they can beat Poland who plays a similar kind of volleyball to them only Poland does not have Egonu.. And I would even argue, NED is an even bigger question mark than Russia atm. No point in discussing the pools in Olympic Qualifers as that is a done deal Russia is going to Tokyo. Live with it :wavy:

With the way how Russia played against Germany, no doubt they can't beat Poland. They are not playing similar volleyball at all since they have a very good setter who is playing fast volleyball. I don't think Russia in such a bad shape can beat NED neither.

Unless they drastically improve in a year, whole trip to Tokyo will be just a touristic trip for Russia:whistle: