• So hopefully Kadochkina will join the NT next year, I think she will be a good asset to the team to help Goncharova in the attack. She is currently training for U-18 in Egypt.

- Is there a chance that someone will strengthen the main team next season? The same Egon was run in the Italian team from the age of 17.

- We planned to attract 16-year-old Tatyana Kadochkina already this season. But - a shoulder injury. She played the whole club season with pain, and we decided not to squeeze it, but to restore it. Tanya literally a month ago returned to training, now she is at the World Cup with the youth team.

• With the way how Russia played against Germany, no doubt they can't beat Poland. They are not playing similar volleyball at all since they have a very good setter who is playing fast volleyball. I don't think Russia in such a bad shape can beat NED neither.

Unless they drastically improve in a year, whole trip to Tokyo will be just a touristic trip for Russia:whistle:

Russia upped their level after their defeat by Germany. And it's not like Russia lost 3-0, or 3-1, that match went to a tiebreak.. Come on Poland is not playing fast volleyball who are you kidding lol Wolosz may be playing fast volleyball last season in her club, but in Poland NT Smarzek is just like Goncharova who gets the most sets, and don't even get me started on the Polish MBs who are even slower than Russian MBs lol

Good luck to your team for Olympic qualifiers next year :win:

• Russia just played a 2 week tournament, and now they will be heading into another 2 week tournament? ..... I hope I`m wrong, but I don`t think they will achieving anything in Japan, just the the Netherlands. Players must be tired mentally and physically as they should since the ECH just ended for them, but now having to play a even longer tournament sounds more like a recipe for disaster. I don`t think the starters should play at World Cup.

Losing for Germany is not the end of the World. Fans complain when there`s no upset.....and when there`s upsets they talk down on the stronger team for losing. And losing for Italy is "expected" as they are one of the best in the world.

• Russia just played a 2 week tournament, and now they will be heading into another 2 week tournament? ..... I hope I`m wrong, but I don`t think they will achieving anything in Japan, just the the Netherlands. Players must be tired mentally and physically as they should since the ECH just ended for them, but now having to play a even longer tournament sounds more like a recipe for disaster. I don`t think the starters should play at World Cup.

Losing for Germany is not the end of the World. Fans complain when there`s no upset.....and when there`s upsets they talk down on the stronger team for losing. And losing for Italy is "expected" as they are one of the best in the world.

I actually think it's the opposite and Russia should play WC with their strongest squad. There is a 2 week break between their last match in ECH and the start of their WC campaign against Cameroon I think that is sufficient time to rest and prepare. Hopefully they can continue where they left off from ECH and this will be the only chance they get to play A teams of Brazil, China, and USA before next year so it's not really a meaningless tournament for them either.

• Do we know if Russia A team is already training in Japan? I'm trying to get updates on IG about their whereabouts but have no luck lol

• Kadochkina's attacking ratio(33%) is quite bad so far in U18 WCh. Any idea why?

• Kadochkina's attacking ratio(33%) is quite bad so far in U18 WCh. Any idea why?

IDK but I think she's not fully recovered yet and they want her to play at least one NT competition...

That's why she's there (U18CH)

• IDK but I think she's not fully recovered yet and they want her to play at least one NT competition...

That's why she's there (U18CH)

Injuries could be career ending in early ages if not treated properly. I hope they will not force her to play untill she is fully recovered

• I think Russia should hire Voronkov as head coach coming into next year. It would be a good decision since he is heading Lokomotiv which got the runner up finish last year second only to Moscow.

• I just stumbled across this interesting reading when searching about the lovely Startseva, one of my favourite players among the Russian team. This article is not new but written in 2017 but it is still interesting to read. Sorry if it's already posted in the past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evgenia Startseva: "If a man has a desire to win a heart, he will do his best"

Captain of women's volleyball team Dinamo-Kazan Evgenia Startseva has been playing in Kazan for 5 years [by the early of 2017]. The world champion became the leader after the departure of Ekaterina Gamova and is handling it great. Realnoe Vremya's exclusive interview tells how it is to be a captain, whom she supports in Kazan and whether men can try to win the heart of the beauty.

When I was preparing for the interview, I saw your photos of the first season at Dinamo-Kazan. I am looking at you now and see no difference. You have not changed for five years at all. What is your secret? Are there any diets?

We have a cryosauna here. We live with it (laughing). Actually there is no secret – I don't have any diet. On the contrary, all people try to feed me, but they don't succeed much, so they say I am a witch. In general, I eat everything. Within limits, of course: I don't buy harmful food as chips. I can try them somewhere, but I don't buy them. I will rather drink a water, compote or something else beneficial.

Did volleyball leave space for childhood? Did you have the time to play hopscotch, Barbie, watch cartoons?

At first we played once or twice a week, I was 7. So volleyball did not take much time. Less time left from 10-11 years when I went to a sports school. There was training at 7.45 in the morning, we went to school after training, studied and trained at 6 in the evening. It was about 9 o'clock when we finished training and went home, which was in another part of the city. I did homework and went to sleep. Aged 12, I had other things to do except Barbie. And I did not love cartoons much.

So was not there any joy or discontent that you decided to connect your life with volleyball?

They did not understand it at that moment. When I was younger, they did not understand at all that I would play as a professional. My mum thought I just played volleyball. Naturally, when I became older, they understood it was my job, this is why they were cool with it. Now they are happy that I have a job and I like it. They are proud of me.

"Kazan is my home"

There is a usual stereotype that Chelyabinsk and its residents are severe. Do you have this severe Ural character?

I think, yes, because I lived there for 22 years. I can't say I grew up in some severe conditions. But we had a strict coach in school, feisty Lyudmila Sukhova. Probably I got something from her.

Do you miss your home?

I miss my relatives. Perhaps I got unaccustomed because I have been living in another place for 7 years. Of course, I have a house there where I feel comfortable. But I don't miss the city in general.

Have you already "put down roots" in Kazan? Do you eat as many chak-chaks and ochmochmaks as you can?

No, I don't buy them already, it's over (laughing). I ate enough during my first year. Now I am only asked to bring something to Moscow. Now we were in Moscow, I brought three chak-chaks.

Can you already say that Kazan is your native city? Is a place where you go back like home?

Yes, now I can say so. I have been living here for 5 years [by the early of 2017]. So I feel that my home is here. I don't know what will happen then, whether I will stay here or go to Chelyabinsk. But now I feel comfortable here and I make myself at home.

Why do you wear the No. 13 T-shirt? Superstitious people don't like this number.

I was given it in the national team 8 years ago. Then there was an opportunity to change it, but I did not want. I decided it was my number. It means I am not superstitious.

Do you like the role of captain?

In general, it's fine (laughing). It has not been the first time when I am chosen as a captain – I was the captain in all teams where I played – in Chelyabinsk Avtodor and Dinamo-Krasnodar. Here I became the captain having played for four years. It is a responsibility of another level, of course. But I can't say that something changed on the court. I always try showing leadership qualities and pull the team forward, of course.

Captain usually demonstrates his or her qualities in the changing room. Can you come once and shout at somebody ''What are you doing?''

No, we don't have such squabbles. Everything remains on the court. In the changing room, we solve only organisational issues.

"If a man has a desire to win a heart, he will do his best"

Maybe you will decide to reveal the secret this time.

(Laughing). If I tell everything now, it won't be personal any more.

Just give an answer, do you have it or not? So men will know whether they can win your heart or not.

I will say it to you the following way. If a man has a desire to win a heart, he will do his best.

(...)

https://realnoevremya.com/arti…ll-do-everything-possible

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara: Add some more paragraphs ().

• I think Russia should hire Voronkov as head coach coming into next year. It would be a good decision since he is heading Lokomotiv which got the runner up finish last year second only to Moscow.

I think Voronkov did okay last season but they ended up where they were expected. Kazan weaker last season because they had several changes in the team, some injuries and (almost) no foreigners. Uralochka did better than expected but just hasn't got enough money (no options when a starting player has a bad day). Dinamo Moscow played without Krotkova and Shcherban in mediocre form but only lost 2 sets in 3 games against Lokomotiv. What I am saying is that Voronkov might be a good choice but you shouldn't base that on Lokomotiv's performance last season.

• There is a rumor about Bernardino has refused to be a coach of Russian women's team. And that's why they are waiting for the end of WC. If team manages to play well with Busato, he will stay. If not, maybe then they will try to search for another one.

Russia has a really good chance to get 3rd place in WC, the next games with Serbia and Netherlands will be crucial.

• I do not believe that the national team is important to Kosheleva. She hasn't had a good volleyball since 2017. Kosheleva hasn't played at a high level for a long time. And all your dedication should be to go back to playing volleyball. But she seems more concerned with having a YouTube channel and interacting with people than playing volleyball. I understand that Parubets and Voronkova still have little experience, and they are not good players in the decisive moments of the matches, but I would rather have 2 young people than Kosheleva. She does not know how to receive. And her attitudes do not show that she wants the national team. Goncharova and Koroleva look happy on the national team, they scream at the game, they hug each other. Russia today has a unity between girls and coaches. They play like a real team. I believe the return of Kosheleva will not bring good things to the team spirit. She wants to be famous with a YouTube channel while having to play volleyball to help the national team.