Italian NT 2019

• Dont know if you think the same, but I would have loved to see Fahr against China, at least one set or a full rotation.

Sometimes I still wonder why she did not play any single minute against Serbia in the WCH final, when Chirichella's performance was below average.

I know she still young and doesnt have the experience for this kind of matches, but we saw how Lang Ping trusted on (had the guts) Li YingYing and it almost paid off the risk.

Anyway, hope to see Fahr playing against the best teams now. At last, it is just the VNL, better to get experience here, to do all the mistakes here and learn, than do them in the ECH or, worse, in the Olympic qualifier.

• Mazzanti gave a lot of opportunities for a lot of players last year. But this season he's doing the opposite.... absolutely not necessary to have C.Boseti in Mountreux.

Italy is hosting the OG QL...so the vets will get to play at home, he could easily have done what Terzic did this summer, just let the vets rest. I think Italy will be out of gas for the ECH...maybe even against the Dutch in the QL....

• Fahr never saw the court last year IIRC, Lubian was only used as serving sub when Danesi and Chirichella came back. IMO it was too risky to put one of them in a WCH final, they needed more plaing time to do that.

Sometimes I still wonder why she did not play any single minute against Serbia in the WCH final, when Chirichella's performance was below average.

• Mazzanti doesn't like change players in important matches. Always loyal with the same starting six. Imho with Sorokaite and Fahr in certain rotation Italy would have won the match.

Yes, I have noticed the same. He is doing an excellente job since he was named head coach. I do think he has exceed the expectations in results. I am sure that even the hardest fan of Italian NT didnt expect for a final in the last WCH (and most of all, how well the team played) before the tournment started. To be in the final 6 after such a difficult pool stage was already a good achievement.

I could understand that he doesnt make change if he did not have alternatives, but Italy has a good bench. Maybe it is team spirit? Who knows.

In the WCH, I remember few changes, usually Cambi for the serve and then just a rotation and Parrochiale for Sylla for reception.

At least, Pietrini is playing more and more now. Like I said, it is better to be killed by aces, monster blocked, defended now, than in the clutch tournments.

• I think Mazzanti is giving a lot of opportunities to different girls and he is also changing the starting six. Sorokaite is playing as OH or as OPP, Pietrini is starting regularly or is sharing court time with Sylla, Fahr, Alberti had their opportunities too. He said it too: he usually doesn't make a lot of changes amd sticks with the same starting players, but the summer is long and he has to take care of his players after such a long club season.

• Still without Folie, I hope She is okej :(

• I think Folie is sadly too injury-prone, she seems more often injured than not :( It's time Italy focuses on their other talents now, they can't rely on her to be healthy and in form for the majority of times.

We want more Fahr!

• Yeah, besides it doesn’t seem like Mazzanti will dare call older players, it’s just Moki and Lucia. Fahr is pretty amazing, when she‘s in front Italy gets stronger which gives Italy such a luxury problem since both Chirichella and Danesi are really good too. Oh wait, Lubian would hate me if I exclude her :white: I also like Rapah Folie but honestly I don’t realistically see her spot in NT.

• Yeah, besides it doesn’t seem like Mazzanti will dare call older players, it’s just Moki and Lucia. Fahr is pretty amazing, when she‘s in front Italy gets stronger which gives Italy such a luxury problem since both Chirichella and Danesi are really good too. Oh wait, Lubian would hate me if I exclude her :white: I also like Rapah Folie but honestly I don’t realistically see her spot in NT.

Moki, Lucia and Sorokaite.

Btw, I miss Sara Bonifacio. Hope to see her again playing for NT again. She is young too, same age than Malinov.