Italian NT 2019

• I think Folie wont make it to Tokyo. She plays great because of Wolosz. It would be Chirichella, Danesi and Fahr. Same as World Championships 2018.

It's not like Wolocz leaves her without a block.. Folie is playing great this season, and I'm glad. I haven't seen a MB attack as fast as her maybe since Gioli(?).. she's for sure the fastest attacker in front of the setter in the world right now.. I know Chirichella is charismatic, but guuurl.. she hasn't been delivering for quite some time now.. but I'm sure she'll be in Tokyo tho (Chi)

• It's not like Wolocz leaves her without a block.. Folie is playing great this season, and I'm glad. I haven't seen a MB attack as fast as her maybe since Gioli(?).. she's for sure the fastest attacker in front of the setter in the world right now.. I know Chirichella is charismatic, but guuurl.. she hasn't been delivering for quite some time now.. but I'm sure she'll be in Tokyo tho (Chi)

And because of her fast approach She is making life of her OH and OPP much easier, and her transition is crazy fast.

She is so underrated player, her performance at final in WCCH was superb against Eczacibasi...

Fahr and Lubian are MB that will lead Italy in long terms but their time is not yet. After Olympics I would give them much more time, but not yet.

• I hope this year Orro will get her chance because Malinov is so unstable and for De Gennaro to ger her chances at VNL to see how will She perform.

And young libero Chiara De Bortoli, SHE DESERVES TO BE WITH NT ! She won me with her performance :flower:

• I find Gennari an average player for international level, personally I don't think she will make the team any better or any worse.

An user reported on the Italian blog that there was a bit of drama between Bosetti and the coaching staff last summer, that's why she didn't make any roster and stayed at home. Just gossip but still :whistle:

• It is Olympics year if All Polish Girls can came along together after such a DRAMA then few girls and coaching stuff can leave their ego's at home.

• It's not like Wolocz leaves her without a block.. Folie is playing great this season, and I'm glad. I haven't seen a MB attack as fast as her maybe since Gioli(?).. she's for sure the fastest attacker in front of the setter in the world right now.. I know Chirichella is charismatic, but guuurl.. she hasn't been delivering for quite some time now.. but I'm sure she'll be in Tokyo tho (Chi)

I think Bonifacio has also fair chance as 3rd MB. She missed last season because of her injury, but she is doing pretty good so far this season:super:

• I think Folie wont make it to Tokyo. She plays great because of Wolosz. It would be Chirichella, Danesi and Fahr. Same as World Championships 2018.

It would be nonsense if Folie isn't going to the Olympics! She is the best attacking middle blocker they have. It was not for nothing she played instead of Danesi during olympic qualification tournament and ECH:roll: Fahr isn't playing at her best so far in Firenze, so I would be suprised if she makes it to Tokyo.

• Just a little context: Mazzanti in a recent interview talked about having two separate group for this summer: 12 that would train for Tokio+14 to play on VNL, and in case of need change some players between the groups.

In this article about the possible transfer to Busto of Piccinini, it's said that Caterina refused to be part of the "trial" on VNL with other 4 OH, and so she will be out of NT. Usually this journalist is one of the most reliable, so I would tend to trust him.

And also, rumors about Piccinini wanting to return are still going strong. I believed it was just the press trying to build up a case in the beginining, but I'm not so sure anymore; on this article it's also said that the Federation would like that (which I kinda read as: they're pushing for her)

L'immagine può contenere: 1 persona

• What about Pietrini?

If Lucia Bosetti won't be ready for Tokyo, and there is no Cate-Pietrini, Sylla will be only available solid OH.

Piccinini might be a part of the the team but I don't expect her to be starter.

If the rumours about Gennari is true, Sylla-Gennari is the next Italian OH duo.

I think Italians' Olympic curse will be continue. They've never passed the quarter finals.

• Yes, indeed, Federation is pushing for Piccinini. I mean, she was able to sign with Busto despite neither Busto's players nor Lavarini want her, like I said the other thread.

I feel that she will be there like in 2012 when Barbolini preferred not to call her but Federation did.

Meritocracy is an unknown word in this country and it's not just about volleyball

• I mean, with Piccinini, Italy never passed the quarter finals. They should know better not to call her:gone:

Oh sure because it was all her fault. They never passed the quarter finals without her either.