Italian NT 2019

• There's not a single Italian player in the current team who deserves losing a hard earned spot in order to give a 40yo player a second (fourth? fifth?) chance for an Olympic medal. Sorry not sorry, Italy's bench is already short as it is without adding more trouble.

• She deserves to get a CHANCE to go in gym with all players.

If She is deserves her spot for her performance than even 40years old player needs to be their.

Her last two season were amazing, and if She wanted to go at Olympics I really don't know why She didn't play this Whole season, but again if She can get in right shape and be better than others I don't see any problem.

• But is it official that Lucia Bosetti is done for 2020 ????

She will not make it at time or??

But anyway Pietrini-C.Bosetti duo would be perfect and even Picci instead of C. Bosetti, if She can perform as last two season in Novara.

• If Caterina really doesn't want to play for the N because she thinks Picci would get the spot to Tokyo anyways, then she doesn't deserve to be in the NT.. That's a bit Diva attitude IMO. Sure she's having a great season, and her defensive skills would be really appreciated, but let's not forget it has been a while till she has performed good. She WAS a great talent on the junior level, and never met the expectations in the senior category.. IMO she's not confident enough that she's better than Francesca. I don't blame her for feeling a certain way because federation is pushing for Picci, but sometimes you gotta get over yourself and bite hard.. it's Olympics we're talking about

• If Caterina really doesn't want to play for the N because she thinks Picci would get the spot to Tokyo anyways, then she doesn't deserve to be in the NT.. That's a bit Diva attitude IMO. Sure she's having a great season, and her defensive skills would be really appreciated, but let's not forget it has been a while till she has performed good. She WAS a great talent on the junior level, and never met the expectations in the senior category.. IMO she's not confident enough that she's better than Francesca. I don't blame her for feeling a certain way because federation is pushing for Picci, but sometimes you gotta get over yourself and bite hard.. it's Olympics we're talking about

I don't agree with your point of view. It is not like she doesn't want to fight for a spot but if she knows that federation would make Piccinini in the roster no matter what, there is no space for C. Bosetti. We also don't know about what's going on with her and trainer

• I don't agree with your point of view. It is not like she doesn't want to fight for a spot but if she knows that federation would make Piccinini in the roster no matter what, there is no space for C. Bosetti. We also don't know about what's going on with her and trainer

Well she can't know for sure Picci is gonna be there. Maybe she'll be favored, but that's a reason more to push even harder.

• Piccinini is a queen and know that she can do what L. Bosetti did at WCH. Egonu and good Sylla will be enough and therefore she forces it.

• For sure Piccinini is in the list for olympics, a lot of papers said that no way she back on volley without the security to be in Tokyo. For some papers was Davide mazzanti in person who call Francesca. Probably he is scared that Lucia will be not ready for July. Indeed Caterina bosetti is really angry coz apparently mazzanti gonna to choose her for the vnl so not initially in the 12 for olympics and rumours hint that she was really upset about this. Anyway some papers think that mazzanti is gonna to choose just one libero,De gennero of course so no tokyo for parrochiale. A the end that should be italian roster for tokyo at the moment:

De Gennaro

Malinov,Orro

Sylla,Piccinini,Pietrini,Gennari

Egonu,Sorokaite

Chirichella,Folie,Danesi

• If this is true then I can’t blame Cate at all for being angry. She’s having a better season than Pietrini and Gennari in both reception and attack. Even if Piccinini or Lucia return to the shape they were in before their time out, they aren’t all-around OHs the way Cate is. What does she have to do to prove to Mazzanti she’s good enough?

• If this is true then I can’t blame Cate at all for being angry. She’s having a better season than Pietrini and Gennari in both reception and attack. Even if Piccinini or Lucia return to the shape they were in before their time out, they aren’t all-around OHs the way Cate is. What does she have to do to prove to Mazzanti she’s good enough?

Exactly. And even if she does well in VNL, they won't take in consideration because VNL is worthless. If she does not play well, they have the perfect excuse to keep her out.

And she must be training with Malinov, Oro, Sylla, Genaro in order to create chemistry. Otherwise I would not even expect her to do well at all in Tokyo.

Chemistry is everything.

• Lubian is having better club season... But their is Bonifacio who deserves spot more than this two. :whistle:

MBs are not problem for Italy :lol:

• But Bonifacio was injured last 2 seasons too.

It is funny that in the 3 years prior the Olympics everyone is injured. But come the Olympic year, everyone is health and ready to help the team anyway they can.

I bet Stevanovic and Boyer are ready to put aside and move from any issues they had last year, and are ready to help the team anyway they can ;)

• Will Pietrini back? Last time she wasn’t answering the question about NT.

If Bosetti sisters and Pietrini will be out, then:

Sylla-Picci-Gennari-?

4th can be Sorokaite or Villani which are competely out of shape.

• If it is so hard to find a Italian OH to be in Tokyo, then it makes much sense that Picci should go