Italian NT 2019

• Mingardi is having a great season, but remember this is not her "first" great season. 2 seasons ago she was one of the best scores of the league, but then they decide to convert her to OH. And she wasted a half season in Modena and a full season in Bergamo as OH.

If she stayed as OPP this whole time, by now she would be the perfect backup for Egonu. She should certainly play VNL and show what she can do. But I think right know Sorokaite is the perfect backup since she can play OH too.

• https://www.volleyball.it/vers…sconfitta-della-mia-vita/

Does it mean that Piccinini wont play at the Olympics and Pietrini will be back?

Im not Italian so I dont understand it.

Yes, Mazzanti said that Piccinini is not and will not be part of Italian NT.

He also said that Pietrini will be back, and maybe also Gennari(She didn't want to leave NT during these years, but she had to in order to preserve her weak body. This year they will try to find a way for her to be back for the Olympics).

• https://www.volleyball.it/vers…sconfitta-della-mia-vita/

Does it mean that Piccinini wont play at the Olympics and Pietrini will be back?

Im not Italian so I dont understand it.

Yes you are right. Mazzanti comfirm officialy that picci will not be in the tokyo 2020 project and that Elena pietrini will back in NT. He seems pretty happy even about the return of Gennari. After this interview im sure that Cate bosetti will be in Tokyo expecially if Lucia will not be in a good shape for July

• I haven't been kind with Mazzanti in the past but in this interview he shows better judgement than the entirety of the Italian volleyball federation and every single NT coach we had in the last 20 years. Also delighted to see Pietrini hasn't been given a damnatio memoriae for what happened months ago (remember what happened to Cacciatori).

I hope this team finally wins a medal at the Olympic games to reward this mentality.

• Queen Pietrini is BACK !!!!

After great season with Scandicci I hope She is ready to take step further in her game !!! She will be real beast next to Egonu !!!!

C.Bosetti <3

I know it that all this fake drama is not real... This is Olympic year, everyone want to be their especially with leader as Egonu...

• very worried about italy's middles. they are all very unreliable. italy would love to have serbia's or turkey's middles. it's not just their middles. setter and OH position are also problematic. malinov is hard to play with. and after bosetti's injury second OH position is also big question mark as if sylla wasn't already a ticking bomb. egonu seems to be the only dependable player in the team.

• Danesi, Folie, Bonifacio and even Christina. Young player as Lubian and Fahr, wtf are you talking about ??

The last problem for Italy is their MBs. Only problem for Italy is setter nothing else.

• At this rate, I would take Danesi, Folie and Bonifacio to Tokyo tbh and that'd be a great trio.

Lubian and Fahr would possibly be great options for 2024.

But I'm sure they'll take Christina... And that she will be a starter :aww: so yea, there is some worry there. Also Italy hasn't got a great setter still.

• Lubian performance in Scandicci can take her in Tokyo :white:, She is playing great with Malinov. And if they can go further in CL :super:

I repeat MBs are not problem in Italy :lol:

• As long as Chirichella stays healthy, Im sure that she will go to Tokyo. She is the team captain and the most experienced one on the international scene among MBs.

• I don't get it why is Christina getting so much "hate", her performance at WCCH was on very good level, and the most of time in Seria A, break record for the most blocks in single match, but when you read some comments here you would though that She is playing like Gibby in Eczacibasi. :gone:

• I don't get it why is Christina getting so much "hate", her performance at WCCH was on very good level, and the most of time in Seria A, break record for the most blocks in single match, but when you read some comments here you would though that She is playing like Gibby in Eczacibasi. :gone:

I don`t get either. ...I`m Serbia fan and I would love if Christina does not make it....because Serbia would have less trouble against Italy without Christina on the floor . But she`s doing amazing this season and totally should be in Tokyo.... Don`t get some users think Folei a.k.a the best middle in Serie A should not go either..... :rolll:.

I would take Pici over Genari..

I actually feel bad for Pici, did Mazanti tell her that he would not even consider taking her? She`s a legend, and i don`t think Mazanti or anyone should be playing with her like this. She deserves respect. Mazanti should have told her what he`s plans are.

• I actually feel bad for Pici, did Mazanti tell her that he would not even consider taking her? She`s a legend, and i don`t think Mazanti or anyone should be playing with her like this. She deserves respect. Mazanti should have told her what he`s plans are.

Mazzanti literally told when he became NT coach he wouldn't consider someone born before 86, she been knew :gone: