Italian NT 2019

• Rai sport Is showing the ECH final between Italy and Netherlands.

What a team. 7 world class players in court. Everyone could everything.

Real volleyball, not the trash we have now with 1 score machine and the cheerleaders around her.

If Egonu is playing in that team She would be still score machine and others cheerleaders :whistle:

And you are the first one who disliked Conegliano with Fabris because they didn't have scorer machine and they were super balance :lol:

• i saw a great potential in alessia populini,she's not really hight but she can pass and attack good

I remember the last year where she score more than 20 point when club italia almost defeat the novara (without egonu and backups)

I hope she could be a great player

• i saw a great potential in alessia populini,she's not really hight but she can pass and attack good

I remember the last year where she score more than 20 point when club italia almost defeat the novara (without egonu and backups)

I hope she could be a great player

I fully agree.

• i would like to know what happened with ofelia and sylla

They were doing an awesome job at WCh,sylla was a killer and ofelia was so good,really creative but their level has dropped a lot since then

That started at that wch final,both played a bad match and i think they didn't recover after that

Sylla can't handle the pressure at decisives matches,we saw that at champions league final and european championship semi

And malinov way i don't know,she want to.have the control and she is risky and sometimes is too much and start to make bad choices.

Hope they can be as good as they were at that wch

• Danesi was also on a beast mode but she didn't keep that level since then. A lot of Italian players reached their peaks at the same time during wch

• For me only question mark is Ofelia because both Danesi and Sylla have great replacemnt.

C.Bosetti and Pietrini for Sylla

Folie the best Italian MB right now, and Fahr in coming with amazing Lubian.

How deep Italian NT is becoming :what::super:

• If Orro can keep the level of play she showed in Busto last season, she is more than capable of starting over Malinov!:super:I'm not the biggest fan of Malinov, but I wouldn't count her down because in general she plays pretty good in national team compared to club level. Besides that, you don't need the best setter if you have Egonu on your team:S Same goes for Sylla. In national team she plays way better than on club level.

• Danesi was also on a beast mode but she didn't keep that level since then. A lot of Italian players reached their peaks at the same time during wch

I wouldn't complain about Danesi' performance. Last year she was one of the best middles of the league. The real problem for Mazzanti is to choose only three middles for the Olympics.

• If Orro can keep the level of play she showed in Busto last season, she is more than capable of starting over Malinov!:super:I'm not the biggest fan of Malinov, but I wouldn't count her down because in general she plays pretty good in national team compared to club level. Besides that, you don't need the best setter if you have Egonu on your team:S Same goes for Sylla. In national team she plays way better than on club level.

No

Is necessary a good setter because Egonu is spectacular but italy need to profit from other players that have a great powet of attack because if not,the game is gonna be so easy to read from rivals

China and usa don't depend on zhu or bosko,they use all their team anf that's why they're the best team right now

If Orro can keep the level of play she showed in Busto last season, she is more than capable of starting over Malinov!:super:I'm not the biggest fan of Malinov, but I wouldn't count her down because in general she plays pretty good in national team compared to club level. Besides that, you don't need the best setter if you have Egonu on your team:S Same goes for Sylla. In national team she plays way better than on club level.

• a question to italian fans

Why gioli didn't appear in italian team till 2007

Because i am watching some games and till 2006 i didn't see her in NT

I saw leggeri,anzanello,paggi,guiggi,barazza and i thought at the time she was only behind the first 2

I saw her matches in Cl (she was in final in 2004 i think ) and italian championship and I was asking me that

• a question to italian fans

Why gioli didn't appear in italian team till 2007

Because i am watching some games and till 2006 i didn't see her in NT

I saw leggeri,anzanello,paggi,guiggi,barazza and i thought at the time she was only behind the first 2

I saw her matches in Cl (she was in final in 2004 i think ) and italian championship and I was asking me that

Actually she was in NT since 1998. But during the summer 2001 she suddenly decided to retire from volleyball, just before the European Championship which she was supposed to take part. Then she changed her mind, but coach Bonitta completely ignored her and she was not called until 2004 I think.. she was in the big list for Athens2004 but Bonitta cut her before the Olympics. I guess they didn't get along very well, so she didn't go back to NT until Bonitta was fired in 2006 and Barbolini became the new head coach.

• wow so bad

She was so much better than guiggi

Maybe with her they could take bronze at wch 06 and maybe go to semis in athenas

• Didn't she also have a baby at some point around that time? Or did that happen later?

Yes she paused in 2005-06, because of pregnancy.

She birth a child in September 2006, and because of that she didn't play at World Championship. On the other hand she played on 2005 European championship.

• So she came back when Bonitta was still the coach

• No, Bonitta was kicked out by the players before the 2006 WCH. Barbolini was the interim coach for that tournament and got promoted right after as real head coach. Bonitta is a kind of coach who wants full control of the situation. When he was fired by the players it was the beginning of the anarchy inside the team.

So sorry my beloved Picci and Jenny (and not just them) were part of that awful team.

• So she came back when Bonitta was still the coach

Yes.

Bonnita was still coach at 2005 EuroVolley in Croatia, and Gioali was in 12.

This is stats from the final match at EuroVolley 2005.

P-2%20for%20match%2038_%20POL-ITA.pdf

• No, Bonitta was kicked out by the players before the 2006 WCH. Barbolini was the interim coach for that tournament and got promoted right after as real head coach. Bonitta is a kind of coach who wants full control of the situation. When he was fired by the players it was the beginning of the anarchy inside the team.

So sorry my beloved Picci and Jenny (and not just them) were part of that awful team.

Well, Gioli was at the 2005 ECH with Bonitta. I just saw the pdf file of the final.

• Yes.

Bonnita was still coach at 2005 EuroVolley in Croatia, and Gioali was in 12.

This is stats from the final match at EuroVolley 2005.

P-2%20for%20match%2038_%20POL-ITA.pdf

This