Brazil NT 2019

• First names for this year's squad have been called this last week:

S: Carísio (Minas), Cachopa (Sada Cruzeiro), Thiaguinho (Sesc-Rio)

OPP: Wallace (Sesc-RJ), Felipe Roque (Minas), Rafael Araújo (Al Arabi/QAT)

OHs: Maurício Borges (Sesc-RJ), Honorato (Minas), Rodriguinho (Sada Cruzeiro), Kadu (Vibo Valentia/ITA)

MBs: Maurício Souza (Sesc-RJ), Isac (Sada Cruzeiro), Matheus Bispo (Minas), Flávio (Minas)

L: Maique (Minas)

• Lots of young guns! I hope they get a lot of playing time.

I don't know. I've been burned a lot of times. Something similar happened from the last seasons when the eliminated young players from the league playoffs were called up and still Renan went with his most trusted veterans once the club season was over.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Me too! Other than the Olympic qualifiers and the South American Championship, there's no reason for the older squad to play much this year.

I'm going out on a limb that most of the players listed will play for the Pan American Games just like before in 2015.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm going out on a limb that most of the players listed will play for the Pan American Games just like before in 2015.

Oh, for sure the older ones will play all the time. lol It's just wishful thinking from my part. At least William said he'll skip the tournaments this year (I bet he'll come back for the OQT though).

• Other Sada and Sesc players have been called today, and much to no one's surprise, they are Wallace, M. Borges, M. Souza and Isac.

• Hold it. So you're saying he never really got the invite?

Everything points to that! All the other Sada players got their invites (Rodriguinho, Cachopa, Isac), but Evandro didn't. It's not 100% clear yet, though. He might've got it and then declined like a bunch of players from the female NT did. I'll make sure to comment here if there's any clarification in Brazilian media.

• Last names that are gonna get called for the VNL, according to this (unofficial as of now but likely true);

S: Bruno (Civitanova), Rapha (Taubaté), William (SESI)

OPP: Alan (SESI), Evandro (Cruzeiro)

OH: Leal (Civitanova), Lucas Lóh (SESI), Lucarelli (Taubaté), Douglas Souza (Taubaté)

MB: Lucão (SESI), Otávio (Taubaté)

L: Thales (Taubaté), Douglas Pureza (SESI)

I'll add these to the main post once it's official. So there you go: Leal will get called. Evandro too. Éder seems to be out.

• I hope Brazil will introduce more younger players. Currently, the age of Brazil national team are too old and young players has less chance to play in International competitions.

After 2020, perhaps. I hope Tokyo is the end of the line for most of the older guys (Lucão, Evandro, Rapha, William). I suppose Bruno and both Maurícios will stick around for another Olympic round.

I do hope these younger guys get some playing time in the VNL though, but I wouldn't hold by breath.

• New jerseys:

Looks like the ones from 2010. I like it!

(yeah, I'm just gonna post the same thing in both male and female threads lmao)

• Wow! Im loving it! Similar with mari during wch