2019 U16 Volleyball European Championship

• 2nd round of qualification matches are played this weekend. The five pool winners will qualify for the #EuroVolleyU16W Finals.

Already qualified teams are: Italy and Croatia (hosts); Turkey (BVA), Russia (EEVZA), Slovenia (MEVZA), Finland (NEVZA), Belgium (WEVZA).

CEV website

I see the games are not streamed on laola this year :(

• Greece lost the first set against Hungary but after that won the match really easy 25-15,25-10,25-15. First scorer was Anthouli (1,98m) with 24 points.

Greek girls are unlucky because in bva cup they had to play against turkey and serbia and now they are in the same pool with serbia.

• Italy beat Russia 3-2 in the semifinals. It was not an impressive win and Italy was a bit lucky with a ball that touched the net in the end of the 4th set.

I liked the MB Greta Catania, her slide was very solid but she seems short for the highest levels.

Opp Fedorovtseva and MB Suvorova did a great job for Russia. Russia has several good prospects at the middle position.

There's the final vs Turkey at 8pm ,Turkey swept Italy in the preliminary round

• Italy beat Russia 3-2 in the semifinals. It was not an impressive win and Italy was a bit lucky with a ball that touched the net in the end of the 4th set.

I liked the MB Greta Catania, her slide was very solid but she seems short for the highest levels.

Opp Fedorovtseva and MB Suvorova did a great job for Russia. Russia has several good prospects at the middle position.

There's the final vs Turkey at 8pm ,Turkey swept Italy in the preliminary round

Turkey seems pretty unbeatable in this tournament

• I'm already pleasantly surprised on reception of both teams, I expected on this age full drama.

I like all MBs on both teams so far, great blocks and attacks.

• random fact: at least half of these girls on Turkish side have Boskovic as their idol, including the Opp. You can definitely see it :D

• Pelin Eroktay, who is the most talked about player and considered the best of the bunch is pretty disappointing...

Honestly she looks like a left handed Gözde Yılmaz to me...I don't see a bright future for her...

The real gem in this squad I feel is #2 Aleyna Göçmen, she seems to be good in every element, and has the goods(athletism, technique, ambition)

to be a great player...Considering the fact that she plays for Vakıfbank and will work with Bosettis next 4-5 years, I think she can become a true world class OH...

• Individual awards😱😂

I missed the match but winning whole tournament without any defeat is something 👏👏

By the way, TUR-ITA-RUS dominated all age groups in recent youth/junior competitions. I wonder if this will reflect to next Olympic cycle

• random fact: at least half of these girls on Turkish side have Boskovic as their idol, including the Opp. You can definitely see it :D

Just checked the answers of polish girls from u20 WCH and they mainly chose Matt Anderson and Kurek 😁