Italian Men's NT 2019

• I am surprised that I am the one to open the respective thread :) Gianlorenzo Blengini announced a very young line-up for the VNL.

• Setters: Simone Giannelli (Itas Trentino), Luca Spirito (Calzedonia Verona), Riccardo Sbertoli (Revivre Axopower Milano), Nicola Salsi (Aeronautica Militare Club Italia CRAI).

• Middle blockers: Matteo Piano (Revivre Axopower Milano), Simone Anzani (Azimut Leo Shoes Modena), Daniele Mazzone (Azimut Leo Shoes Modena), Roberto Russo (Consar Ravenna), Davide Candellaro (Itas Trentino), Alberto Polo (Kioene Padova), Fabio Ricci (Sir Safety Conad Perugia), Edoardo Caneschi (Globo Banca Popolare del Frusinate Sora).

• Liberos: Fabio Balaso (Cucine Lube Civitanova), Nicola Pesaresi (Revivre Axopower Milano), Federico Bonami (Globo Banca Popolare del Frusinate Sora), Filippo Federici (Aeronautica Militare Club Italia CRAI).

• Outside hitters: Oleg Antonov (Galatasaray Istanbul), Giacomo Raffaelli (Consar Ravenna), Daniele Lavia (Consar Ravenna), Oreste Cavuto (Itas Trentino), Davide Gardini (BYU Volleyball), Marco Pierotti (Azimut Leo Shoes Modena), Fabrizio Gironi (Revivre Axopower Milano), Francesco Recine (Aeronautica Militare Club Italia CRAI), Sebastiano Milan (Centrale Del Latte Sferc Brescia).

• Opposites: Gabriele Nelli (Itas Trentino), Andrea Argenta (Consar Ravenna), Giulio Pinali (Azimut Leo Shoes Modena), Yuri Romano (Olimpia Bergamo), Diego Cantagalli (Cucine Lube Civitanova).

• No Lanza?

I mean he didn't have a good season anyway but maybe he will be called for the important tournaments. Best for him to recover and give youth a chance.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It is good to know that young italian players have been FINALLY called for a tournment. Better if it a tournment like the VNL.

What about Cester? And Baranowicz? Would they be called for the upcoming events as well as Lanza, Zaytsev and Colaci?

• https://www.volleyball.it/lana…mi-convocati-di-blengini/

I don't know about Italian language but I guess these players will participate in 2019 VNL:

Andrea Argenta, Federico Bonami, Edoardo Caneschi, Oreste Cavuto, Davide Gardini, Fabrizio Gironi, Daniele Lavia, Gabriele Nelli, Matteo Piano, Nicola Pesaresi, Giulio Pinali, Alberto Polo, Giacomo Raffaelli, Roberto Russo, Riccardo Sbertoli, Luca Spirito

Even Simone Giannelli will also have a rest.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• What do you think about Dick Kooy? It seems he is going to play the European Championship with Italy (maximum of 1 naturalised per team, so Juantorena will play the OQ and Kooy the EC).

I can understand that Juantorena, Leal and Leon are playing for other national teams. They escaped from Cuba, they couldn´t play volleyball during 2-3 years and afterwards they were naturalised. But Kooy is Dutch, he played for the Netherlands during many years and he decided to stop playing with them when he got married

Kooy is de grote verrassing op de lijst van vijftien spelers van Benne. De pas 23-jarige speler van Modena kreeg namelijk een half jaar geleden de hoon van vrijwel het complete team en de bondscoach over zich heen toen hij tijdens de reeks wedstrijden van de European League het team verliet omdat het niveau volgens hem te laag was. Het zou zijn ontwikkeling en zijn basisplek bij zijn Italiaanse werkgever in gevaar brengen.

Na de laatste wedstrijden in de European League spraken de bondscoach en toenmaling aanvoerder Jeroen Rauwerdink duidelijke taal: Kooy kwam er niet meer in. En toen de ploeg zich eind augustus ten koste van Roemenië had weten te plaatsen voor het pré-OKT dat eind deze maand in Kroatië wordt gehouden, werden die woorden nog eens ondubbelzinnig herhaald.

Translation ( google):

Kooy is the big surprise on the list of fifteen players from Benne. The only 23-year-old player from Modena got the scorn of almost the entire team and the national coach six months ago when he left the team during the series of matches of the European League because he thought the level was too low. It would jeopardize his development and his basic place with his Italian employer.

:rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

Only Zaytsev can beat his diva behaviour .Let's go

• Italy really needs to stop being so desperate.

First time Italy excites me with brand new OHs and then we got this. Like I've set my expectations low as possible and they still end up disappointing me.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Italy really needs to stop being so desperate.

First time Italy excites me with brand new OHs and then we got this. Like I've set my expectations low as possible and they still end up disappointing me.

Podlesnykh, Voronkov and Semyshev says hi :lol:

• Italy played something?

Against Slovenia.

• Slovenia isn't even a VNL team. This can explain current situation of Italy :lol::lol::lol:

Francesco Recine 186 cm

Kristian Gamba 190 cm

I don't think they will adapt well to professional level with this heights.

Lavia is the future of Italy. His current form is better than Lanza, Juantorena and even Cavuto. They need him in qualification tournament.