2019 Universiade in Naples, Italy

• Lazareva was the best scorer of the game with 24 pts (23a, 1a). Honestly, Ryseva was worse today, I didn't get impressed by her performance. I share the statistics below.

Ita: Nicoletti 15, Perinelli 13, Botezat 8, Villani 7, Berti 6, Angelina 4, Nwakolar 2

Rus: Lazareva 24, Sperskaite 16, Evdokimova 10, Zaytseva 8, Vorobyeva 6

• Lazareva was the best scorer of the game with 24 pts (23a, 1a). Honestly, Ryseva was worse today, I didn't get impressed by her performance. I share the statistics below.

Ita: Nicoletti 15, Perinelli 13, Botezat 8, Villani 7, Berti 6, Angelina 4, Nwakolar 2

Rus: Lazareva 24, Sperskaite 16, Evdokimova 10, Zaytseva 8, Vorobyeva 6

I thought her entrance changed the game for Russia. Novik looked amateurish to me at times. Ryseva isn't great but she looked more solid to me.

• Congratulations to Russia!

Always thought Lazareva could be the player of the future when Goncharova does not play anymore. But she did not have many chances. In the few times it has been very good.

Now, with this championship and the best player award in the competition, I hope that Lazareva has a chance on the main team as a reserve player for Goncharova. She is only 22 years old and 1.91 tall.

It's funny to see Russia with their team B winning a tournament with a player like Lazareva, meanwhile, Pankov bets on players like Kotikova and Khaletskaya. Lazareva is much better than all of them.

I hope coach Pankov wakes up in time.

Russia can have a very strong team with:

Startseva - Romanova

Goncharova - Lazareva

Ilchenko - Voronkova - Kosheleva - Kadockhina

Koroleva - Fetisova - Lazarenko

Galkina - Malova

• Kadochkina will probably skip this year due to her rehabilitation.

• I thought her entrance changed the game for Russia. Novik looked amateurish to me at times. Ryseva isn't great but she looked more solid to me.

Novik was too excited, indeed. Novik changed the game in semi-final with her entrance, today the same job has been done by Ryseva. But Novik played much better with OH and OPP players. Poor, Lazareva didn't get satisfied by both of our setters. Especially, Vorobyeva had a sour expression because of not getting high balls.

• What's her story? Where does she play, what's her rep? She's got a jump set style like she's played setter.

sitenoise, do you know that liberos cannot set overhand in front of the 3m line? either they set with a bump set (bagher) or they have to jump behind the line... same rule as with backrow attackers.

• sitenoise, do you know that liberos cannot set overhand in front of the 3m line? either they set with a bump set (bagher) or they have to jump behind the line... same rule as with backrow attackers.

That's one of the few things I do know about. That Italian libero had a couple where she jumped across the line, stylin' :thumbup:in the previous match.

• 2019 Summer Universiade Napoli, Italy

Final Standings

Medal Rank Team
    Gold 1 RUS - Russia :cup:
    Silver 2 ITA - Italy
    Bronze 3 JPN - Japan
    4 HUN - Hungary
    5 GER - Germany
    6 BRA - Brazil
    7 CZE - Czech Republic
    8 CAN - Canada
    9 USA - United States
    10 SUI - Switzerland
    11 ARG - Argentina
    12 TPE - Chinese Taipei
    13 CHN - China
    14 UKR - Ukraine
    15 THA - Thailand
  • Unlike Italy Russia did really well in reception. For me Sperskaite was the player of the match. She was the second best scorer, best server (4 aces) and solid in reception. She might have played her best match this year. Novik made some unusual mistakes in the first set but I still think she has a chance to be back up in the NT next year (will get much more playtime this club season). I am still not conviced that Lazareva will become a starter in the NT but maybe she will get more time to shine in France.