Chinese Female Superleague 2019/2020 (Nov.2 - Jan.21)

• I havent watched any of the chinese league matches. Maybe i just expected more from Jiangsu as most of their players are members of the national team.

Just two (Zhang Changning and Gong Xiangyu, who, incidentally, were not setted much that game), while Guangdong has Zheng Yixin, Lin Li (transfers from Fujian), Kosheleva, and Rabadzheva (sorry can't get her name right, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about)

Also, Guangdong had a different setter (who is better) compared to the group matches.

• After World Club Championship 2019, I even doubt whether Zhu Ting will quit this season.

In addition, the contradiction between Destine Hooker and Tianjin VC has been shown.

At least, I don't "like" Chen You-quan all the time.

I hope Yuan Ling-xi (Wei Qiu-yue's husband, the assistant coach of Chinese NT and Tianjin VC) could replace him.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-iihnzhfz4675798.shtml

Wang Bao-quan will the caretaker of Tianjin VC since Chen You-quan is "ill".

Zhu Ting won't take part in the match against Jiangsu in the next round.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Round 8:

December 10, 19:30 UTC+8

Live Streams and also videos

Top 8:

Beijing - Shanghai: http://sports.pptv.com/sportslive?sectionid=171479

Bayi - Shandong: http://sports.pptv.com/sportslive?sectionid=171480

Jiangsu - Tianjin: http://sports.pptv.com/sportslive?sectionid=171481

Guangdong - Liaoning: http://sports.pptv.com/sportslive?sectionid=171482

Bottom 6:

Fujian - Zhejiang: http://sports.pptv.com/sportslive?sectionid=171483

Henan - Yunnan: http://sports.pptv.com/sportslive?sectionid=171484

I guess Shanghai, Bayi, Jiangsu, Guangdong, Zhejiang and Henan will win the matches.

I will write the stacs of matches later.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Omg who will win between Shanghai and Beijing? Im excited :cheesy:

In my opinion, Shanghai will win.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Trying to watch Beijing - Shanghai at that link but had this message.

I could watch few weeks ago, so I don't know what's wrong this time.

the copyright limit (Chinese: 版权限制) - If necessary, you had to use other ways to watch the matches such as VPN ...

Perhaps I will look for the other videos of this match. Please wait. Sorry.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Round 8:

Top 8:

Beijing 2-3 Shanghai [25-23,17-25,25-19,20-25,12-15] stacs

Beijing: Cai Ya-qian (S) 0, Zeng Chun-lei (OP/OH) 6, Liu Xiao-tong (OH) 18, Michelle Bartsch (OH) 15, Zhang Yu (MB) 12, Tetori Dixon (MB) 18, Wang Lin (L)

Substitute: Ren Kai-yi (OH) 2, Rachel Rourke (OP) 11, Qiao Lin (L), Guan Rui-ge (MB) 0, Liu Meng-yao (OH) 0, Jin Ye (OH) 0

Not Play: Yan Yang (S)

Shanghai: Bian Yu-qian (S) 1, Louisa Lippman (OP) 31, Jordan Larson (OH) 18, Yang Jie (OH) 18, Zhang Yu-qian (MB) 2, Wang Xin-yao (MB) 13, Wang Wei-yi (L)

Substitute: Chen Rui-lan (L), Zhang Yi-chan (OH) 0, Qin Si-yu (MB) 3, Zhang Lei (OP) 0, Mi Yang (S) 0, Jiang Jing (S) 0

Not Play: Zhong Hui (OH)

Bayi 2-3 Shandong [25-27,25-19,25-23,22-25,24-26] stacs

Jiangsu 1-3 Tianjin [25-16,19-25,22-25,20-25] stacs [I have no words to say about Jiangsu women's VC]

Guangdong 3-2 Liaoning [25-18,16-25,26-24,26-28,15-9] stacs

Bottom 6:

Fujian 0-3 Zhejiang

Henan 3-1 Yunnan [25-16,19-25,25-18,25-18] stacs

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited 4 times, last by tomen ().

• It seems it was a very close match between Shanghai and Beijing :super:Dixon played well but Bartsch played poorly. Who played as OPP for Being? My phone cannot translate the site :(

I saw the match and it was indeed very close.And no,I wouldn't say that Bartsch (or anyone else) played poorly,nor that someone played superb.The team as a whole had quite a few mistakes,both teams choked during crucial moments but Shanghai played better during the tiebreaker.Zeng Chunlei is the regular OPP but today she was benched for Rachel Rourke during the 4th set.And Rourke can't play unless one of the two Americans gets benched too,so Bartsch had to go to the bench as well.I believe if there was a way to keep all three foreigners on the floor at the same time,Beijing would have won.

• It seems it was a very close match between Shanghai and Beijing :super:Dixon played well but Bartsch played poorly. Who played as OPP for Being? My phone cannot translate the site :(

Zeng Chun-lei was as OP from Set 1 to Set 4 and as OH in Set 5. Jin Ye and Liu Meng-yao were only for serve as the substitute OH/OP (WS) yesterday.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• tomen Do you know what happened to jiangsu? They were winning everything in the 2016-17 season.

healthy Zhang Chang-ning (OH/OP), better Gong Xiang-yu (OP), the best substitute OH, Hui Ruo-qi, the best Xu Ruo-ya (OH), the best Wang Chen-yue (MB) focusing on block, the best Jiang Qian-wen (MB) focusing on spike and in theory, Chen Zhan who could stilll participate in 2017 Montreux

Now - Hui Ruo-qi, Jiang Qian-wen and Chen Zhan retired, Zhang Chang-ning injured and influenced by some other things such as the ones about her boyfriend, Wu Guan-xi, Gong Xiang-yu becomes more tired, Wu Han (OH), Zhou Xin-yi (MB), Xu Lu-yao (OH/OP), Zang Qian-qian (L) and Ni Fei-fan (L) are all lack of experience, Wang Chen-yue is injured and "lost" her best block skill and so on

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• healthy Zhang Chang-ning (OH/OP), better Gong Xiang-yu (OP), the best substitute OH, Hui Ruo-qi, the best Xu Ruo-ya (OH), the best Wang Chen-yue (MB) focusing on block, the best Jiang Qian-wen (MB) focusing on spike and in theory, Chen Zhan who could stilll participate in 2017 Montreux

Now - Hui Ruo-qi, Jiang Qian-wen and Chen Zhan retired, Zhang Chang-ning injured and influenced by some other things such as the ones about her boyfriend, Wu Guan-xi, Gong Xiang-yu becomes more tired, Wu Han (OH), Zhou Xin-yi (MB), Xu Lu-yao (OH/OP), Zang Qian-qian (L) and Ni Fei-fan (L) are all lack of experience, Wang Chen-yue is injured and "lost" her best block skill and so on

Thanks tomen. I only saw Zhang and Gong get better at NT level. I guess they don't fit into Jiangsu's system as well.

How did Changning's boyfriend make an impact on her performance? I have always wondered about this. Is he a bad influence to her? Is there a gossip somewhere? I wanna know :lol:

Most NT members or even provincial team members are single to begin with. The old generation believes in general that dating will affect the ability to concentrate. Hence why some parents do not want their children to date in school for example. It's prevalent in the old generation (which are coaches, parents -- it's important to remember most of these girls are in their teens or early 20s, etc). They tend to date later in life -- for example some of the older members of teams are known to have boyfriends and this didn't cause a stir in the media.

With that context out of the way, normally if the NT/provincial team members date they do not make it very public, for example Wei Qiuyue the setter in 2016.

Also, Zhang was an OG gold medalist to begin with, and she was pretty, and Zhu Ting went to Turkey right after Rio. So naturally the media attention is on her. She was only 22 - 24 when these things occured, and should have been beginning to peak in performance. But after Hui left Jiangsu and she took over the captain role, the team finished 4th twice in the league, and she had some injuries (stupid jiangsu coach overusing her -- not "letting" her do surgery from a 2017 issue all the way until right before the Wch I think) which led to a less-than-ideal performance at the WCh and caused her to miss out on the Asian Games too. There were some other, more minor things but this is the gist of it.

As for whether dating actually affects performance, I am in agreement with the older generation: of course it affects a little. But people need to live life too and she already has OG and National Games gold medals.

• That part about athletes needing to live life too is very true especially women. They are already at a disadvantage especially in volleyball since pregnancy can be viewed as a hindrance in their athletic career. Thats why most of them have family/children later on in their lives. And I have read that she almost lost her athletic career because she wanted to switch to indoor from outdoor volley. Sport bureaus tried to ban her. Just imagine the pressure :white: