Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• Ugh watching Drussyla was a disaster. Dunno what happened to her but at this rate, Amanda is going to Tokyo as the last OH.

I don't understand why Bia never attacks the ball hard. She is always tipping. Is Roberta that awful of a setter to the middles and slides? Mara seems a bit tamed this season compared to last season with Macris.

Roberta is not the best player when it comes to playing with the middles, however I can't understand why the slide attack with Bia hasn't improved after almost 3 years of playing together both in the NT and in clubs...and also they are a couple LOL I wonder if they don't discuss this issue and try to make it better

• Ugh watching Drussyla was a disaster. Dunno what happened to her but at this rate, Amanda is going to Tokyo as the last OH.

Drussyla said Tokyo is not on her list of priorities. She said she still has pain from her last injury and that she wants to focus on getting her shape back. I also think she is out of Tokyo, which almost makes it certain that Garay will be back once again to simply do nothing as in 2018...

• Roberta is not the best player when it comes to playing with the middles, however I can't understand why the slide attack with Bia hasn't improved after almost 3 years of playing together both in the NT and in clubs...and also they are a couple LOL I wonder if they don't discuss this issue and try to make it better

Roberta was amazing back when she grabbed the starting spot from Courtney Thompson back then. However, she has been awful playing with her middles, not just Bia in particular. I think it goes both way. Sometimes Roberta's sets are too low and most of the times Bia just doesn't seem to be interested in hitting the ball hard. But Bia played well with Macris on the NT this year.

Drussyla said Tokyo is not on her list of priorities. She said she still has pain from her last injury and that she wants to focus on getting her shape back. I also think she is out of Tokyo, which almost makes it certain that Garay will be back once again to simply do nothing as in 2018...

Well, if that's the case then good for her. She is not the best attacker and her receiving can be a liability. So far Gabi & Natalia can carry the OHs tasks with Amanda as backup. The problem is Brazil is lacking on good OHs right now. Would't be surprised if Garay or Jaque made it to Tokyo.

• Roberta was amazing back when she grabbed the starting spot from Courtney Thompson back then. However, she has been awful playing with her middles, not just Bia in particular. I think it goes both way. Sometimes Roberta's sets are too low and most of the times Bia just doesn't seem to be interested in hitting the ball hard. But Bia played well with Macris on the NT this year.

Well, if that's the case then good for her. She is not the best attacker and her receiving can be a liability. So far Gabi & Natalia can carry the OHs tasks with Amanda as backup. The problem is Brazil is lacking on good OHs right now. Would't be surprised if Garay or Jaque made it to Tokyo.

I think Garay will be back. Zé Roberto loves the "old" ladies and some of them clearly want to play only OGs and WCHs. That's Garay's case.

Regarding Roberta, I do not think she is sooo bad right now. I think she had a pretty good match last night actually, but Jaqueline can't kill the balls and Ellen was a huge mess in the tie break.

• I think Garay will be back. Zé Roberto loves the "old" ladies and some of them clearly want to play only OGs and WCHs. That's Garay's case.

Regarding Roberta, I do not think she is sooo bad right now. I think she had a pretty good match last night actually, but Jaqueline can't kill the balls and Ellen was a huge mess in the tie break.

Roberta is a good setter, it's just her sets to the middles that are questionable. Her connection with Tandara in the NT is amazing to watch.

Btw, what happened between Ellen and Fabiola during the 4th set? There was some misunderstanding of some sort? And the coaches got the yellow cards?

• I think Garay will be back. Zé Roberto loves the "old" ladies and some of them clearly want to play only OGs and WCHs. That's Garay's case.

Speaking of old, do you think Thaisa will make it to Tokyo? She has been playing amazing so far in this tournament. And let's face it, she seems liek the best MBs of the league so far. And Juciely. Juciely is just timeless.

• Roberta is a good setter, it's just her sets to the middles that are questionable. Her connection with Tandara in the NT is amazing to watch.

Btw, what happened between Ellen and Fabiola during the 4th set? There was some misunderstanding of some sort? And the coaches got the yellow cards?

Ellen spiked and Fabiola blocked but someone on Osasco covered the ball. Then Ellen spiked again and the ball touched Fabiola's arms and went out. Then Ellen screamed at Fabiola (I couldn't see what she said), but of course she provoked Fabiola for not being able to block her. Fabiola got mad and complained to the referee.

• Speaking of old, do you think Thaisa will make it to Tokyo? She has been playing amazing so far in this tournament. And let's face it, she seems liek the best MBs of the league so far. And Juciely. Juciely is just timeless.

Not only I think Thaisa will be in Tokyo but also I think she NEEDS to be there. She is our best MB right now.

• Ellen spiked and Fabiola blocked but someone on Osasco covered the ball. Then Ellen spiked again and the ball touched Fabiola's arms and went out. Then Ellen screamed at Fabiola (I couldn't see what she said), but of course she provoked Fabiola for not being able to block her. Fabiola got mad and complained to the referee.

Oh now I understand. Ellen tried to explain that she was screaming and looking up, wasn't directed to Fabiola, according to her. Poor Ellen tried so hard to defend herself.

Not only I think Thaisa will be in Tokyo but also I think she NEEDS to be there. She is our best MB right now.

Agreed. Thaisa is definitely the best MB for Brazil now. Carol is never the same since she took a break. Bia and Mara is just so-so right now. And Mayany... no comment, thank you.

• Roberta is not the best player when it comes to playing with the middles, however I can't understand why the slide attack with Bia hasn't improved after almost 3 years of playing together both in the NT and in clubs...and also they are a couple LOL I wonder if they don't discuss this issue and try to make it better

mara at the start of the last season was just ok. after the world championship, she was subbed my mayany. then mayany got injured and she fought for her place. then she was given the chance in the NT and her games against usa, china is something they must look for her...

this is just a start of the season, still looking forward for potential of other players.

ellen was pretty well in the attack.

• Speaking of old, do you think Thaisa will make it to Tokyo? She has been playing amazing so far in this tournament. And let's face it, she seems liek the best MBs of the league so far. And Juciely. Juciely is just timeless.

I hope juicely will be included... after three years of not being in NT, bia's level since 2017 declined. Carol lost her starting spot to mara. Mara is showing potential only if the pass is good. Slide attacks of fabiana is still wonderful. Mayany is not given chances. Thaisa is doing great with macris.

I hope juciely will be included. When fabiana and thaisa did not played for nt she was the best blocker. her slide attack is awesome.

• Drussyla said Tokyo is not on her list of priorities. She said she still has pain from her last injury and that she wants to focus on getting her shape back. I also think she is out of Tokyo, which almost makes it certain that Garay will be back once again to simply do nothing as in 2018...

Yeah. Garay is my fave oh hittsr of brazil but she has to take time and make it to practice. Have rhythm with the team.. because from the looks of it

This will be ze's line up.

Fabiola macris

Tandara lorenne

Natalia gabi garay amanda

C. Brait

Fabiana bia (hoping for juciely) thaisa

• Fabiana is in Japan, but yes you are right.

• how is she doing there? with her height she might be having a good time blocking there :rolll: but Japan has always been a very good defensive team

She was good in the beginning but I saw a few stats lately and it doesn't look like she is playing that good as I would expect. Foluke was better.

• jucy was so amazing yesterday, and in the 5th set... not just that high ball kill from position 4 but right before that, she made an incredible dive to save the ball.

more drama from yesterday's match: at the net, tandara and brait ignored each other and didn't seem to shake hands... what's going on?

speaking of the old gals MBs, i'd love to see valeskinha playing to see how she is these days...