Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• Brazilian teams are not richer, but so far they really care about players condition. A lot of foreigners come to Brazil when are in process to recovery from an injury. :|

• IIRC the medical team of Eczaciabsi kept clearing her to play, deeming her fit, even though she is in pain, which is probs what the pain killers are for. Only when she consulted one outside the team (apparently Koshe's) did she know that her condition should have kept her from playing. Her playing with an injured knee only worsened her condition. Anyone who plays volleyball here, or knows body mechanics would know that playing with a bad leg causes your other one to compensate. Which makes you more vulnerable to other injuries. That's what greed does to athletes.

yeap. our body is a chain of kinetic system - including the joints. once Thaisa's knee was injured, it put a lot of stress on her ankle - and to make things worse, she is a MB which means lateral movements are very common in her game.

this is why i always have some kinda scare watching these MBs landing with one feet after they go for cross-step blocking. at one point, these players will have issues with their knee and ankle joints if their lower body are not conditioned to take such a beating.

• Thaisa was forced to play, just like Rasic was forced to play CL final 4 while still injured, and Boskovic was forced to play against Conegliano while sick.

But Thaisa should have sued Vitra and the doctor. What they did was not right, and they can (probably will) do same thing to another person. I`m not saying they are bad people, but you can`t do things like that.

I feel terrible every time I see her with that knee brace.

• Thaisa was forced to play, just like Rasic was forced to play CL final 4 while still injured, and Boskovic was forced to play against Conegliano while sick.

But Thaisa should have sued Vitra and the doctor. What they did was not right, and they can (probably will) do same thing to another person. I`m not saying they are bad people, but you can`t do things like that.

I feel terrible every time I see her with that knee brace.

Im definitely not buying this BS argument of club forced me to play with injuries. You're an adult, you should be responsible and fully accountable for your actions. If a player doesn't feel good about her health, she should have the balls to say no to a club. Let's not pretend like the clubs are evil entities and players are slaves with collAr around their neck. Especially star players like thaisa can stand up to any trainer or club agent and say no, I'm not playing. If she didn't and still has chosen to play this is 100% on her responsibility.

Injury are always unfortunate and no one's fault mostly but it is childish to blame other's for one's own decision is childish

• Im definitely not buying this BS argument of club forced me to play with injuries. You're an adult, you should be responsible and fully accountable for your actions. If a player doesn't feel good about her health, she should have the balls to say no to a club. Let's not pretend like the clubs are evil entities and players are slaves with collAr around their neck. Especially star players like thaisa can stand up to any trainer or club agent and say no, I'm not playing. If she didn't and still has chosen to play this is 100% on her responsibility.

Injury are always unfortunate and no one's fault mostly but it is childish to blame other's for one's own decision is childish

She is an adult but NOT A DOCTOR!

She couldn't decide on something she DIDN'T KNOW 100% about.

:offtopic:

• Yes, it was her second MVP in a row. Well, to play against Curitiba must really hard, right? LOL

I think the guy's name is Renato Fonseca

• which was her first MVP? against osasco????

thanks, dude, that yummy daddy is apparently the trainer/physiotherapist...

no, they dont have MVP for Brazilian Cup games

• Thaisa should definitely be in Tokyo with how she is playing now. I reckon if she didnt have that nasty injury, she would still be the No. 1 MB in the world right now..

Even Rasic, an incredible blocker that she is, Thaisa's peak was just something else.

• thanks, sloth... i see this is over but just now watching the first set... this ref. is terrible! first, he made a mistake favoring barueri, then of course, later, he makes another one, to compensate rio... LOL...

sloth, good thing lorenne is quick and she can adjust ... LOL

milka has really worked on her connection with the quick sets and she's now slamming the ball down...

it's good to see pena playing. last year in NT, she hardly ever played, then at beginning of this season, rezende preferred drussyla, but now pena showing what a force of nature she is in attack...

ED:

ok, go to 38:00, gotta give credit to juma when she does great stuff like this...

also passing has been terrible...

sheesh, this ref. and the linesmen are terrible...

• Juma is awful but, God, this reception line of Barueri OMG!!!

• I'm tired... It's unbelievable that Barueri don't have OH in the bench to rest Maira and Tainara... Tai needs competition, she will never be better that way.. and Maira, well, she needs to learn a little bit more about volleyball in general... It's really sad (and concerning) that this amateur team is coached by Ze..

• Tainara is simply awful. She doesn't seem to learn any basic skills

I'm not even going to talk about Maira because I just can't.

• at least she can block and defend well, but when it comes to attack and reception...

Yes, she's a good blocker...and that's it. She has zero technique and control of the ball