Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• The referees tonite are killing the game.

Fe Garay is doing everything but playing well this season... Sheilla just began to play okay-ish... But I agree that all of them will be in Tokyo :(

It will be the same team, except the most important one, Fabi ;(

And how did Brazil do with these same players in Rio2016. A 5th place finish. That’s the problem, most teams don’t allow the young players to really get a chance to play and then the team declines with the older players. Kinda of like the USA team. But the last couple of years, USA has been brining in the youngsters. And that has helped them.

• Brazil did not finish 5th in Rio because of the old players. That loss had nothing to do with this explanation.

• If there is a team that China need to play their 150% to win, it is Brazil NT... It was no one fault that we lost that game... Lang Ping was just Lang Ping and won the mind game..

And how did Brazil do with these same players in Rio2016. A 5th place finish. That’s the problem, most teams don’t allow the young players to really get a chance to play and then the team declines with the older players. Kinda of like the USA team. But the last couple of years, USA has been brining in the youngsters. And that has helped them.

And I think this thread is not the right place to have this kind of discussion

• I know Flamengo is one of the bottom teams of the league as well as one of the ones which has been showing the lowest performance.

Nevertheless, I would like to highlight the performance of the young argentinian setter Victoria Mayer. Sure, she is super young and she usually has the typic mistakes from a rookie. Bur beyond that, I do see a lot of talent from her. She has that smell, "fiuto" from a setter.

For me she looks like a great setter in the making. Hope she could develop well her career.

• She is awesome. I was really excited when they announced her because she was very impressive during the PanAm Games. I wish she stays in Brazil and goes to a better team (but I hope she keeps playing as a starter). She is surely having a better season than Roberta, for example

• nice game between sesi and sesc. It's coming from a 2-0 but referees decide it one more time.

Highlights: tandara 31 points. You would understand fabiola is she overloaded tandara during this time since outside players of sesc were aweful especially amanda and pena. Pena cant stabilize reception she is a liability. Drussyla is still a miss or hit. Milka had a great time with her connection with fabiola. Juciely isnt felt that much.. and damn fabiola can really block rahimova... natinha too played well in defense.

• on the part of sesi volei bauru, wilhite and tiffany step up. Rahimova also had impressive spikes even if there were 2-3 instances that she was hit by tandara in the head or in the shoulders.

I also like dani lins' set distribution even if she doesnt set to ade. I understand that ade is really finsing her rhythm.. this is one of dani lins great game and im with her when her team got called for a rotation error.

The libero julia is also great. I will be keeping an eye on her. Adenizia blocked tandara really hard which is amazing. She also aced a serve when it matters. Long way to go though!

• I dont know why some matches are only the highlights, maybe the pay per view channel blocks the videos...

Bruna entered the court for blocking on the last point of the match.

• i guess minas will do great in the coming rounds.... thaisa, carol gattaz, macris. leia, shiela.. dobriana and the venezuelan outside hitter...

whereas rio will just work on what they have.. outside hitters are really there problem which is a miss or hit.

• Tandara will not play today against Osasco. She had an abdominal injury again - she had a similar injury last year playing for the NT and was out of the VNL finals due to this. I hope it's nothing too serious because Tandara has been outstanding lately.

By the way, just to register that... I don't like teams that rely heavily on a single player because these players are way more likely to suffer injuries than others.

• I think Tandara might not make it to Olympics because she is so fragile these days.

• that’d be very sad. i think she’s been over-used for sure, but obviously that hasn’t been a problem for polina, for example.

i can’t recall (mostly because those matches are not available), how did she do in rio? was she on the bench mostly?

• that’d be very sad. i think she’s been over-used for sure, but obviously that hasn’t been a problem for polina, for example.

i can’t recall (mostly because those matches are not available), how did she do in rio? was she on the bench mostly?

Tandara? Which Rio? The team or the Olympics?

She was cut for Rio 2016.

• She was in London. I don't remember much of her playing but I do remember she entered for the double sub during the quarterfinals against Russia, especially in the tie break, and had two chances to end the match but didn't score.

• She was in London. I don't remember much of her playing but I do remember she entered for the double sub during the quarterfinals against Russia, especially in the tie break, and had two chances to end the match but didn't score.

I remember that! But the sets from Fernandinha were really TRASH in that point. If Im not wrong, one set was from Thaisa.

Sorry for the offtopic. Then I also dont remember so much from her in London.

• I remember that! But the sets from Fernandinha were really TRASH in that point. If Im not wrong, one set was from Thaisa.

Sorry for the offtopic. Then I also dont remember so much from her in London.

But I think she could've hit the ball harder anyways. She tipped both balls LOL

But well this happened 8 years ago Brazil eventually won :rolll: