Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• IMHO Thaisa and Carol should be the starting middle blockers for the Brazilian NT! Thaisa is a beast in attack and Carol a blocking machine:box: Problem is that they both attack in front of the setter, so I would take a slide attacker as the third middle blocker. Than I should pick Gattaz, because she is a great slide attacker. Fabiana dind't impres me during world cup and if I'm not wrong she didn't had the best season in Japan.

• What's the deal with Brazilian MBs that they can play on top of their game at the age of 40😱😱 both Juciely and Carol Gattaz:what::white::obey:

That's really impressive :super:

I would fill one of the spots for olympic with Gattaz or Juciely FOR SURE

• Thaisa is also a blocking machine and Carol has improved her attacking skills so they are the most complete Brazilian MB duo right now. I wouldn't take Gattaz because I don't think she can't handle international level games and NT practice.

• IMHO Thaisa and Carol should be the starting middle blockers for the Brazilian NT! Thaisa is a beast in attack and Carol a blocking machine:box: Problem is that they both attack in front of the setter, so I would take a slide attacker as the third middle blocker. Than I should pick Gattaz, because she is a great slide attacker. Fabiana dind't impres me during world cup and if I'm not wrong she didn't had the best season in Japan.

Fabiana will be in Tokyo. 99,9% sure. If the oldies don't struggle with injuries, I think they'll all be there.

(Just not sure about Sheilla, because she's been underperforming and probably will bench from now on after being subbed by Bruna in two consecutive matches).

• Did Jacqueline express any interest on coming back as well?

• Did Jacqueline express any interest on coming back as well?

No but we are pretty sure she would come back in a second

• I haven't watched her this season. Do you think she deserves to be in the roster more than garay or Amanda?

• I haven't watched her this season. Do you think she deserves to be in the roster more than garay or Amanda?

Amanda is playing average to good. Jaque is doing well considering that Osasco is a total mess (she's their best player so far). Garay is having a poor season in terms of attack efficiency. In general, I think it's a bad season for OHs.

I don't know about deserving/meritocracy but Jaqueline is having a much better season than Garay. Amanda is doing her job, which is just average as usual.

• Thaisa and Carol Gattaz being Top 2 Best Spikers just speaks volume of how magical Macris is as a fast tempo setter.

Polina might be playing in a mess of a team, but she is an undeniable beast.

Camila Brait is having a good season. Wouldn't be surprised if she makes it to Tokyo.

Who do you guys think should get the Best Setter? Macris is my pick.

• Camila Brait will be in Tokyo. This has already been decided since the day she went back to the NT. I'm sure she, Leia and Zé had some kinda of agreement.

• Brait, Natalia, Gabi, and Thaisa. These 4 are the ones who have their positions secured imo. The setter position is a stiff fight between Fabiola, Macris, and Dani Lins. I love Roberta, but she is playing in a messy team and she becomes messy too.

Camila Brait is new to me. (I only discovered this sport after Rio). I wikipedia'd her. Appears she was with NT right up to Rio and hasn't returned since. There must be a story there, but I want to ask if this is the same libero who was, like, super-amazing, and retired or left the NT a few years ago. I want to say her name was Gabi, though. "Camila Brait" doesn't sound familiar to me.

• fabi. double olympic gold medalist. she's like 40 now.

She is exactly 40.. her birthday was last week, by the way :P

And March 10 was Fofao's birthday, 50!

Oh how I miss those two!

• Camila Brait is new to me. (I only discovered this sport after Rio). I wikipedia'd her. Appears she was with NT right up to Rio and hasn't returned since. There must be a story there, but I want to ask if this is the same libero who was, like, super-amazing, and retired or left the NT a few years ago. I want to say her name was Gabi, though. "Camila Brait" doesn't sound familiar to me.

There might be some compilation videos about Fabi on Youtube. You'd like her I think, she was amazing. Still one of my favorite players ever to this day. She seems like an awesome person off-court too!

• Camila Brait is new to me. (I only discovered this sport after Rio). I wikipedia'd her. Appears she was with NT right up to Rio and hasn't returned since. There must be a story there, but I want to ask if this is the same libero who was, like, super-amazing, and retired or left the NT a few years ago. I want to say her name was Gabi, though. "Camila Brait" doesn't sound familiar to me.

Camila Brait has been with NT since WCCH 2010 at least. She was considered the next one after Fabi. She played at WCCh 2014 às starter.

However leia delivered really great at World Gran Prix 2016 and was listed to Rio 2016. So Camila was cut in 2016 and 2012 ( she traveled to london in the case of Natalia Pereira might not be in condition to play, so she was the last one to be cut at London 2012).

The libero who you are talking is Gabi Guimarães (world gran prix 2017 winner), she had an injury and are currently playing in SESC RIO, but she is not part of the starting seven.