Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• i just want to say: DIE NAZIS!!!!!

(dump, pence, miller, bolsonazi, bibi, orban, putin, xi, duterte, kim JU, erdogan, assad, mbs, modi, afwerki etc. it’s a very long list... all the murderous dictators in the world) if they all die tomorrow, i wouldn’t shed a tear.

and if saishuu caught this virus tomorrow, probably not much would happen because he’s got a good immune system, and i’d bring him some soup.

now back to our regular programming, i hope we can catch the QF matches.

• Brazilian league has just been suspended for at least 15 days, including today's matches (1st women's quarterfinal match and last round's male matches).

• Brazilian league has just been suspended for at least 15 days, including today's matches (1st women's quarterfinal match and last round's male matches).

What do you guys think about that? I thought that playing without people in the crowd would solve the problem considering the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Brazil.

• What do you guys think about that? I thought that playing without people in the crowd would solve the problem considering the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Brazil.

It's always better to prevent the number from increasing in any way possible. And it also seems the players themselves wanted it too.

• What do you guys think about that? I thought that playing without people in the crowd would solve the problem considering the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Brazil.

No, the problem is not solved by playing without crowd.

The best solution is to postpone or cancel the league.

The number of cases in Brazil will grow a lot in the next few days and weeks.

European leagues, expecially the football ones, tried closed doors and it didn't work: many footballers were tasted positive.

Stay safe and follow the protocols. Don't make the same mistakes european countries did.

• well, i guess we have to satisfy ourselves by re-watching old matches...

valinhos is an interesting team... some good players, not just mesquita (OH/OP) and duda OH, but also mayara basso OH ... she's not bad and she's young, so she might improve. she apparently had some success in GER league before, as did evelyn LIB.

duda is like mesquita's twin... 'cause on court they look so alike from afar. she doesn't hit as hard as mesquita but she's quite good, and also young.

and here both mesquita and duda on court:

• imo maiara basso was by far valinhos' best player this season, or at least the most consistent. mesquita had a few good games, but iirc maiara was their best scorer way more often. she might grab a spot in a slightly better team next season (flamengo? curitiba? pinheiros?)

• i don't know if this match was posted but here it is...

flamengo is being relegated but it has some interesting young players. i like natalia OH a lot, she looks quite tall too, and this young MB nandy is very promising. i know people here like vic mayer, and she's quite promising as she is young, but i find her still shaky and imprecise. maybe next year, she'll get a better team... the rest of flamengo are some old hands, and i like MB fe isis a lot among them.

flamengo is being relegated but it has some interesting young players. i like natalia OH a lot, she looks quite tall too, and this young MB nandy is very promising. i know people here like vic mayer, and she's quite promising as she is young, but i find her still shaky and imprecise. maybe next year, she'll get a better team... the rest of flamengo are some old hands, and i like MB fe isis a lot among them.

flamengo actually dodged relegation! they finished 10th. but still, i don't even know if there will be relegations as the league is most likely getting canceled

but yeah, natalia is promising, nandyala is like in her late 20s iirc, so i'm not sure about her

• I think relegations should be kept because they were already defined before the suspension of the league.

• I think relegations should be kept because they were already defined before the suspension of the league.

I think the same. But who is going to take their spots if superliga B has not been finished.

Flamengo budget was drastically increased for the next season, the names of Garay, Fabiana and Rosamaria has been commented as rumours.

• According Voloch Brazilian superleague will be canceled and most probably without champion both in Male and Female competition.

Annyway they will have a meeting next Thursday to decide it.

• i think that they should award Praia Clube because They were the number 1 position in the qualification to play offs and given the circunstances its quite fair.

• i think that they should award Praia Clube because They were the number 1 position in the qualification to play offs and given the circunstances its quite fair.

What? This is insane LOL!

The league should have no champions.

You must win the playoffs in order to get the gold. Being #1 in the classification round means NOTHING, especially for Praia, a team that lost the two major championships so far this year (Brazilian Cup and South American Championship). Teams prepare themselves based on the entire league, they count on the playoffs to reach their peak and they make strategies based on the number of total matches.