Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• It's not that "older player needs to keep playing".. most of them are in AMAZING FORM, they would play in any league the way they are playing, like Piccinini last season.. We don't have amazing prospects like we used to, I agree, but it's not like "oh boy we don't have players so we need to use this 35 y player who are far from their best"... Gattaz's last 3 seasons were the best of her entire career, and she is, what, 38? Juciely is playing at her best for almost all her stint as SESC player, and she will be 40 in December... And what about Thaisa? One could say that she is the best MB in the world right now.. Jaque is doing well, Dani Lins had a really solid season...

Okay, we have this atrocity that is Sheilla playing in Minas, but she's really an exception to the norm...

About being interesting, it wasn't one of the best seasons in terms of quality, especially because it's impossible to match that well-oiled machine that was Minas last season... but this season was the first time in years that we had competition for the top spot (most of the recent years it was Rio + 1 or Praia + 1). The playoffs would be completely unpredictable, you wouldn't be able to say that some team was the main favorite, no more one team bossing the others.. and i think this made this season pretty interesting

Don't bother explain: he never saw a game of your league. :lol:

He just wrote something about the level dropping in the turkish league topic, so he had to write something alike elsewhere, so we could not call him hater. :saint:

• I can't believe crovolley is killing this thread. Please leave our league alone:white::white::white:

• I've been meaning to watch The Expanse for monthsss. It's supposed to be really good, right?

Oh God: watching this TV series is the best thing happened to me during the quarantine. :thumbup:

It got me addicted very soon and it doesn't happen very often. :)

• I was bored, so I was watching some old games... Check this out - Osasco x Minas (2017 - Brazilian Cup)...

53:26 Pri Daroit doing a "slide attack", 1:50:55 1 min+ rally... Hooker jumping and defending(!) like crazy, Minas having a blocking party (I have a lot of bad things to talk about Paulo Coco, but I cannot say a thing about blocking, he knows his stuff)... Serbian players doing a really good job despite Luizomar... Real fun

• 53:26 Pri Daroit doing a "slide attack",

That's one of the reasons why we call her the Brazilian Sokolova :lol::lol::lol:

I loved this season! I was so sad that Minas could not make it to the final of the league...they played really great at the semifinals

• i'm so boring i went and found this match from last year, it was the finals of the superliga B, valinhos x flamengo. it was interesting to me to see some players i didn't know, and interestingly, some of them didn't seem to play in the league this season (setter rafa, fran lemos, dani pere).

OPP angelica had a good match, it was surprising in this year's matches of flamengo that i saw, that she never entered the court. they used malu (very inefficient) and bia (hot and cold) instead, she was in the bench for the most part.

OPP fran lemos! i never heard of her but she started well ,but then got tired and got subbed. but the thing is, not just the hair but her body movement reminded me a lot of jaque.

• 10 minutes from now, Superliga Final 2011/2012 (Osasco x Rio)

Osasco (Fabiola, Hooker, Jaqueline, Tandara, Adenizia, Thaisa, Camila Brait)

Rio (Venturini, Sheilla, Mari, Regiane, Juciely, Valeskinha, Fabi)

They are late, but if you want to watch with low quality-ish, here the whole game

• They probably cancelled it as it's already 42 minutes late. But let's see.

• Sportv is broadcasting some old games from Superliga's finals. They've already shown the finals from 00/01, 01/02, 02/03, 03/04, 05/06, 11/12, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19,

Other finals will be shown tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.