Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• Folie posted something about her injury on her IG profile, can someone translate it??

• She said that it is hard to see your teammates play when you can't, but after the holidays She and Sylla will be back to the gym and train with ball again.

Thank you. :)

• From Caserta's homepage

A malincuore si sono divise le strade tra il club Volalto 2.0, alcune atlete e una parte dello staff.

"Unfortunately the paths have split between Volalto 2.0, some athletes and a part of the staff." And they wish them all the best for the future.

So at least some conciliatory words from the club this time. But no words on who will actually go (if it's the ones mentioned a few days ago) and what the plan for the remainder of the season will be. To me it looks very likely that if they play the remaining matches at all, they will not field a competitive team.

• As a lot of people imagined, Caserta is just a mess as a club (to say the least) and isn't worth Serie A1. The players are living such a bad situation.. they have been called mercenaries, as they play only for money, not for the club.

All this is ridicolous. Five of them will leave the team, and I hope they find a better environment to play in. Cruz, Bechis, Gray, Alhassan and Holzer will leave. I don't who will come.. besides, is there any player that wants to come?

• Chiara De Bortoli, Italy doesn't need to worry about libero position after De Gennaro retires...

Great in defence and ball control. She reminds a lot on De Gannaro.

• According to Modena's local press, Francesca Ferretti may come back to play and join Sassuolo, Serie A2. Maybe she will play in A1 next year.

I'm wondering if also Martina Guiggi will be back, she was still playing on high level before her pregnancy

• According to Modena's local press, Francesca Ferretti may come back to play and join Sassuolo, Serie A2. Maybe she will play in A1 next year.

Ferretti on twitter wrote it's a fake news. So she won't come back, at least for this season.

https://www.volleynews.it/2019…ita-su-twitter-fake-news/

• So Plummer now officially in Monza. What's her role? Just backup OH? Unless she suddenly discovers an Italian nonna she cannot play as opp much I think.

When Skorupa is in the front row and Ortolani in the back row, maybe the coach will use the "double change" with Plummer entering as OPP instead of Skorupa and backup setter Di Iulio entering instead of Ortolani.

Other than that, I guess she will pretty much play as backup OH.

• I wonder what team is trying to get her, there were rumors about Novara, but it would be a problem for them with italians on court

Unless Vejlkovic can not play for the rest of the season. ;(

But Brakocevic has been playing well... I don`t see why they would bench her.

Pomi is the team that needs a better OPP. If they had a dominant and reliable OPP they could reach the semis this season. I wish they would sign LIppmann, Smarzek or Neriman.

Bergamo should sign Gray. They need a better OH and I guess a OPP if Smarzek does leave.

• Mina Popovic 122 points ( 35 blocks)

Stevanovic 122 points (35 blocks)

Danesi 50 blocks in half season :white: She will break the most blocks record in a season by a large margin.

edit: And Bonifacio is hitting 60%.... Italy has so many amazing middles.

• From 2010/2011 to 2019/2020

Best blockers:

1 - Stevanovic: 457 blocks

2- Arrighetti: 359

3- Folie: 343

4- Guiggi: 340

5- Calloni: 306

6- Chirichella 302

16: C. Bosetti 229

Best Score:

Katarina Barun with 2537 points.

1- Ortolani: 2,400 points

2- Diouf: 2,252

3- Fabris: 2,250

4- Tirozzi: 2,062

5- Sorokaite: 2,048

6- Egonu: 2,047

9- Piccinni: 1,749

13: Stevanovic: 1,576 ( Best among middles)

Best Server:

1- Tirrozi: 216 aces

2- Sorokaite: 164 aces

3- Fabris: 156

4- Meijners: 154

5- Egonu: 140

7- Stevanovic 118 aces ( Best among middles)

Stevanovic was the best blocker overall and best score among middles of this decade in Serie A <3....

I will actually send this to her through social media and hopefully she will see it.

What a amazing achievement and she needs to know it. :super: