Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• Caserta announced that they are going with 14 little girls in the next game vs Brescia since they couldn't make any official transfer yet and they say they want to protect the few remaining players.

How can Legavolley still allow this mess to go on? :wall:

Very loosely quoting Marx: History always comes in two phases, first the andata as tragedy, then the ritorno as farce...

• The fact that Mislina decided it's a good idea to go from one non-paying club to another :obey::rolll:

Did they agree?

• So what happens if a team doesn't pay their players? Will there be a fine or something? I mean, I've heard of many cases like this, but I never knew how they resolved it in the end. Like, those Caserta players, they just left without getting paid ever?

Idk what happens in Italy but it must be similar. They just do not pay, nothing happens. I know terrible, but the reality.

• I assumed the Olympic break would also give the players a break to rest and relax.

Remember that is the major complaint among players and clubs? They play so much and the NT is so exhausting, players have not time to rest and that put their healthy in risk.

Well.

There's been multiple tourneys and friendly games going on.

Conegliano won one with Egonu scoring 22 poitns.

Scandicci won a friendly with Lubian as OPP, and she scored 17 points.

This only shows how hypocrite volleyball people are. They all complain the amount they play and that's the main problem in volleyball right now... But then they're giving the break they wanted so much, but they all decide to go ahead and play a bunch of worthless games instead.

<88

• Its called professional sport, they cant just send them home for two weeks to lay in a bed.

• I had the chance to watch a part of Canada vs Mexico and I was pleased by Kiera Van Ryk's perfomance. IMO she is very talented, girl can pound the ball and hit bombs from the service line.

I wish Italian teams will have patience with her, yeah sometimes she's a mess but I think she needs few more years to develop her skills. I will cheer for her!

• It seems there's a negotiation between Busto and Piccinini. But journalist of "La Prealpina" reported that neither Busto's players nor Lavarini are enthusiastic about it.

In few words, no one from Busto wants Piccinini

https://www.volleynews.it/2020…-maglia-di-busto-arsizio/

Couldn't she be useful for Firenze? Since Degradi, their defensive outside hitter, left the team. Daalderop and Foecke can learn so much from her in reception and they could be more efficient when Piccinini covers one of them in serve receive.

• Its called professional sport, they cant just send them home for two weeks to lay in a bed.

Its called professional sport, they cant just send them home for two weeks to lay in a bed.

Exactly... That`s why they should not be crying and complaining all the time. But they do that because they want us fans to feel bad for them. That`s called playing victim, and that`s exactly what they do.

edit: I was not saying they should have been sent home. But they should have used 2 week break to just practice and weights. No need to be playing actual games and having to travel for that.

But it was over the holidays. Letting them go home to spend time with their families would not be a bad idea. In Poland they gave some teams a few weeks off before the semifinals last season and they allowed players to go home during that time.

• Exactly... That`s why they should not be crying and complaining all the time. But they do that because they want us fans to feel bad for them. That`s called playing victim, and that`s exactly what they do.

edit: I was not saying they should have been sent home. But they should have used 2 week break to just practice and weights. No need to be playing actual games and having to travel for that.

But it was over the holidays. Letting them go home to spend time with their families would not be a bad idea. In Poland they gave some teams a few weeks off before the semifinals last season and they allowed players to go home during that time.

I’m sure these players do not have a choice when it comes to friendly matches..... I’m sure if they had to chance to go home for 2 weeks, all athletes would choose to go home than to stay and play in useless matches.

• Lets the best league in the World starts again with great match between Monza and Conegliano :box::box:

• I looked for some news but I couldn't find anything :pinch:

Anyway the league restarts tonight, Raisport will show Monza vs Conegliano

I read she got into some Visa issues. Sucks that it happened. She could have trained with the Monza girls during that period. I was really hoping to see her against Conegliano.