Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• Veljkovic its not that old for Paris.

• Paris 2024 can be her fifth appearence at olympics, but till now she was just a back up.

• Corona virus hits Northern Italy. Tomorrows matches may be cancelled and a potential dark cloud hangs over the season. From Imoco's website via google translation.

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF CONI "On indication of the Government, the Minister for Youth Policies and Sports Vincenzo Spadafora asked CONI to invite the National Sports Federation, the Associated Disciplines and the Sports Promotion Bodies, to suspend, for the day of Sunday 23 February, all sports activities scheduled in the Regions of Lombardy and Veneto. "

We are awaiting further communications that will be promptly communicated on our site and our social networks.

• Veljkovic its not that old for Paris.

She will be 34 yo, IMO that is a lot of ages for middles, i mean she obviously won't be the same player on the same level as now. On the other hand Serbia have few youngsters who will be, i hope, show themselves in next years and ofc IMO main Serbia MB duo in next olympic cycle will be Popovic - Aleksic.

Paris 2024 can be her fifth appearence at olympics, but till now she was just a back up.

Actually in past at the Olympic she wasn't always benched, she was starter in all 5 matches in London 2012 and was starter in last 3 matches at Beijing 2008.

Also she was planing as starter in Rio 2016 and was that in first 3 matches but Stevanovic was better fit for the team in that moment.

• She will be 34 yo, IMO that is a lot of ages for middles, i mean she obviously won't be the same player on the same level as now. On the other hand Serbia have few youngsters who will be, i hope, show themselves in next years and ofc IMO main Serbia MB duo in next olympic cycle will be Popovic - Aleksic.

Actually in past at the Olympic she wasn't always benched, she was starter in all 5 matches in London 2012 and was starter in last 3 matches at Beijing 2008.

Also she was planing as starter in Rio 2016 and was that in first 3 matches but Stevanovic was better fit for the team in that moment.

I mean, I do not expect Rasic to be in NT for 2024 as her performance already decreased but after so many injuries, Stefana’s performance is in its peak and I expect her to be there.

• Rasic is the last in the line when we are talking about Veljkovic, Popovic and Stevanovic.

She is not even close to her best shape...

• Juciely played her first Olympics when she was over 35. Gioli was over 32 in London. No need to mention about Scott-Arruda. Eda is having her best shape at the age of 32. So it depends on player. Veljkovic has been a much better player in the later part of her carreer so I guess she still will be a great player in 2024.:mirror:

Sorry for off topic :D

• Venturi is such a useless libero, she doesn't deserve to play in Seria A:aww:

Firenze making to many unforced errors. If they can reduce the errors, they have a chance to upset Scandicci.

• Second set goes to Firenze! Less errors, especially in reception.

• Mencarelli is the new coach of Bisonte Firenze :rolll:.

And so what ??

Scandicci played their best match under his wings :/

• From recent news I see on TV, I doubt Italian league will ever resume. I think they'll cancel it, which would be very sad.

• oh God play without public, problem solved.

• From recent news I see on TV, I doubt Italian league will ever resume. I think they'll cancel it, which would be very sad.

But only this very season, what is bad enough, the pandemic will be over and next season coming. The matter is more the European Cups, playing only on the road there?