Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• The Italian government and health officials should be ashamed of themselves.They put such a big area in lockdown without asking crovolley first for his highly valued opinion?If they had they probably would have learned that this simple virus is no cause for concern.People should just go on with their lives,spreading it to each other,since it only has 1-2-3% mortality rate.

I see that multiple players have made posts,videos etc on instagram about the situation the previous days but I can't understand a single thing since almost all of them are in Italian...

• The Italian government and health officials should be ashamed of themselves.They put such a big area in lockdown without asking crovolley first for his highly valued opinion?If they had they probably would have learned that this simple virus is no cause for concern.People should just go on with their lives,spreading it to each other,since it only has 1-2-3% mortality rate.

I see that multiple players have made posts,videos etc on instagram about the situation the previous days but I can't understand a single thing since almost all of them are in Italian...

They didn't wanted to league to stop or any kind of ban for further matches. Panic is not solution.

• 3070/55524x100= 5.53%

it is currently 5.53%

Just the statistics don't work like that, absolutely all registered cases of patients are calculated, if we want to show the absolute death rate, what you're showing is a relative rate. I don't get into the debate about coronavirus anymore, but I had to react to this and to be sure, this is not a random word, statistics is my profession, I'm a mathematician and it's worth it when someone misuses statistics.

*The statistics will have validity only after the epidemic is over, now everything is changing from minute to minute and the use of data can very often be seen as misuse

• Nobody really knows what the true mortality rate is. The numbers heavily depend on how many people are being tested. In Germany we had 50+ cases of people getting the disease who went skiing in South Tyrol (Bozen area) last week during carnival school holidays. On the other hand just two or three days ago there was only 1 reported case locally in the South Tyrol area. Media from the area have reported that only a total of 20 tests had been made until March 5th so it's not surprising they found only one infected person.

I guess it will be quite a while before we really know how serious the disease is.

https://www.tageszeitung.it/20…/die-coronatest-wahrheit/

• I don't know why this bitch**s are not yet done with cov. Beri if you are concern about the health of the people? Stop computing how many death! Post on social media on how to prevent the spread like hand washing and other preventive measures. You are not helping!!! You ate causing panic and that stat shiiit! Is not even reliable every menute and ever sec there are cases who were discharge or have new cases.

But if you want to stop the league just to satisfy your ego. Go ahead..

• Nobody really knows what the true mortality rate is. The numbers heavily depend on how many people are being tested. In Germany we had 50+ cases of people getting the disease who went skiing in South Tyrol (Bozen area) last week during carnival school holidays. On the other hand just two or three days ago there was only 1 reported case locally in the South Tyrol area. Media from the area have reported that only a total of 20 tests had been made until March 5th so it's not surprising they found only one infected person.

I guess it will be quite a while before we really know how serious the disease is.

https://www.tageszeitung.it/20…/die-coronatest-wahrheit/

Not testing people is an issue in Turkey too. It seems like we don't have any cases in turkey, I'm pretty sure it is not true at all

• It is really a pity that in such an emergecy situation, instead of spreading awareness, emphaty and solidarity, human beings are still able to show the worse for themselves. Once again, in such an almost unbelieveble way, such a topic as the COVID19 has became an endless fight about Turkish x Italian vball :wall:It is not time to pretend to be the first of the class and say: Do you see it? I told you! I told you that before, I am clever! Or try to be ironic in order to look funny. Even jokes, with 0% empathy, that happened when the virus was only in China. So many double standards...:down:

If someone is not informed, instead of making fun of him, try to inform him. Stop spreading terror, panic and misleading titles.

I agree: we should ask ourselves what we are doing to fight agaisnt this?

Just because it doesnt hit us, it doesnt mean we should not take this in consideration. It is an emphaty topic.

Umberto Eco was so right: "I social media danno diritto di parola a legioni di imbecili".

• I agree with the president: the authorities cause chaos and fear :aww:

The hysteria effect of this virus is a much bigger problem than the virus itself :gone:

THIS.

SPREAD AWARENEES NOT PANIC !!!!

• This Is no longer about hysteria. Italians are ignorant and can't respect a single rule. If you were as unlucky as I am to live in such an awful country, you wouldn't Say a single world about hysteria and simple flu.

As an italian I feel embarrassed. Authorities made some mistakes, but people Just did the rest. They had to sent the army around the Red zones because the local people excaped the quarantine and went to their holidays houses in the South of Italy, in Liguria and in the inslands, bringing the virus there.

Italy Is on its knees. I Hope they Will delete every sports competitions. Schools and universities are closed. The shelves in the markets are empty. Soon bars and restaurants will receive the order to Stay closed. And there are still people as Crazy as our troll from the forum to be willing to play volleyball?

This virus Is killing almost every 75 + y.o. person infected. Going out, playing volleyball, doing my university tests Is not worth my granparents lives.

• Shame, I know that you are safe :heart:

• I’m sorry.. this may be insensitive, but at this point, what is the Italian league waiting for? The fact they’re are still trying to salvage what is left of the season is pitiful.... the safety of the players mean nothing?

• I’m sorry.. this may be insensitive, but at this point, what is the Italian league waiting for? The fact they’re are still trying to salvage what is left of the season is pitiful.... the safety of the players mean nothing?

No, at least Imoco players want to play, they actually made a video to petition the government not to stop the league, they're confident they will not get infected:rolll:

• No, at least Imoco players want to play, they actually made a video to petition the government not to stop the league, they're confident they will not get infected:rolll:

The players are not quarantined,right? Which means that they go out,dine in restaurants,meet friends,go shopping etc. Which in turn means they too have a risk of getting infected,and infecting others. Many people seem to forget that, caught up in the argument of playing with or without spectators...So the decision to stop/move/postpone the league should not be based only on preventing a sick fan from spreading the virus to the rest of the crowd inside the arena,but also an asymptomatic player infecting teammates, other teams, personnel etc...Which even a match behind closed doors would not stop.

Conegliano used to be my favorite team, but not anymore.I would not be happy either if my team was on its way to win the league and possibly CL,and it was all cancelled,but they are acting as if the problem,right there,in their own country, is not something that can affect them at all.Unless they can say with absolute certainty that both they and their coaching staff,their fans etc don't have the virus or won't have the virus in the future (which is impossible) they should just accept the decision.

• No, at least Imoco players want to play, they actually made a video to petition the government not to stop the league, they're confident they will not get infected:rolll:

such a desperate behavior. It would be tragicomic if one of the Conegliano players would be the first volleyball player that gets infected. I wonder how Crovolley would react then