Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• Also Skowronska was supposed to be their OPP, she had renewed after the previous season.

• Off topic, but I didn't really follow volleyball back then.

I see Pesaro has Wijnhoven as their libero, while as far as I know van Tienen always was the main libero for the Dutch NT back than. Who was better of the two and do you know why Wijnhoven didn't play for Dutch NT?

Thanks in advance!:)

IMO Wijnhoven was one of the very best liberos of Serie A back then. If i remember correctly she left the Dutch NT because she had some problems with Selinger, but I'm not sure

• Who is the coach of Pesaro?:lol: Is he still coaching?

• Who is the coach of Pesaro?:lol: Is he still coaching?

Brazilian Vercesi, but i dont know his name, he was in Turkey before few years, since that i dont know anything about him

• Also Skowronska was supposed to be their OPP, she had renewed after the previous season.

Correct, during her career she had problems with Achilles’ tendons and after 2008/2009 season the problem became bigger. That was the reason why she missed NT season 2009 and ECH in Poland. So she came back to play October/November.

• Brazilian Vercesi, but i dont know his name, he was in Turkey before few years, since that i dont know anything about him

Angelo Vercesi. He coached the Croatian NT for a while a few years ago.

• Costagrande MVP. IMO Carolina was the key player of Scavolini's achievements during those years

Yes she was.

• perez de solar???? oh my, that’s going back to 1988...

She was only 20 yo in 1988 olympic final. But her game was super mature, she was one of the best middles in the world at the age of 20. Her attacking was perfect, her receiving too. She got best receiver award in 1988 Seul Olympics...Best middle blocker award from 1985 World Cup at the age of 17.

Gaby Perez Del Solar is one of the best middles ever, if not the best. True legend.

She played pro ball in Italy till 2004. She won Cl with Bergamo...She is not very old, she was still amazing in early 2000's

• Magdalena Stysiak had gave great interview for CEV. I will post it here

"I am still working out every single day,” Magda says. “Luckily, I live in a rather small village, and my home has a garden as well, so I can spend some time outdoors as well. Three times a week, we have a training session with the other members of the team through videoconference. I am especially working on my back and trying to stay active, while keeping contact with the family in Poland.”

Stysiak is sure that moving to Italy was the right thing to do. “This has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life this far! It has been a truly great experience and I can see how I have been developing as a player and as human being as well. I would definitely encourage more players from Poland to try the same experience. The Italian national league is probably the strongest and most competitive one in the world. Turkey have a very strong league too, but there is a big gap between the top four teams and the remaining ones. On the contrary, in Italy the level of all teams is very high and you have to focus on every single match if you want to win – there is no easy opponent or match to play here.”

Magda is not only happy with her improvement, but with life in Italy as well. “Obviously, the current lockdown is something that none could have expected. Apart from these last few weeks, it has been a truly great experience. I feel at home and the staff from the club is always ready to help and support with any sort of little problem I may have. The atmosphere in the team is great too. Lonneke Slöetjes is 10 years older and she plays as an opposite hitter too – but this does not matter at all. We always help each other no matter who plays and Samantha Bricio has been extremely supportive as well,” Stysiak continues. “I have started to learn some Italian – the Volleyball jargon is now all clear and I can understand everything that our coaches say; I am taking language lessons to improve my understanding of Italian outside of Volleyball as well, in order to have a closer relationship with the fans and other people too.”

Standing at 203 cm, Stysiak obviously has natural features that make her suited to Volleyball. “When I was a child, let’s say around the age of 10, I would spend quite some of my time playing soccer with the boys from my village. However, we can say that Volleyball was some sort of love at first sight. I was never interested in basketball, especially because of the physical contact, while I play tennis or billiard just for fun in my spare time.”

“I broke my finger, so I did not play the matches with Maribor and VakifBank, but I have very good memories from those against Kaliningrad, especially the one in Russia, where I received the award for the MVP. The Champions League implies a lot of extra pressure, because you play the top teams in the world, but it is very good especially for a young player like me in order to develop mentally, other than just physically or technically. I could not wait for the quarterfinal matches with Eczacibasi until the virus unfortunately stopped everything.”

• Pretty new information you highlighted there, alright :P

Joking aside, Stysiak grew quite a lot this season. People had so much expectations that I thought that she would feel the pressure, but she reacted well to that.. her future is really bright but she's already a really good player

• Does that mean serie a will be played with 16 teams next season?😱

• That would be idiotic move. I hope not :what:

• So Regular season is offical done but play offs not yet.

And CEV CL is not yet cancelled.

They are waiting how will situation go so that they can organized compatetion in different formula