Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• It's a pleasure to watch these old games again. Lo Bianco, Piccinini, Poljak, Grün were such amazing players in their best years :obey:

Anyone who considers Malinov a good setter, please watch Lo Bianco when she was the same age!

MaliWHO? :rolll:

Great level. Amazing.

• I hope the channel will also show some matches of that epic Bergamo vs Novara final series. I don't remember which year it was, I think 2004 or 2005? I just remember it was EPIC and that was in the days when all we got were some really low quality streams ^^

• I hope the channel will also show some matches of that epic Bergamo vs Novara final series. I don't remember which year it was, I think 2004 or 2005? I just remember it was EPIC and that was in the days when all we got were some really low quality streams ^^

2003-04. Epic come back for Bergamo.

I was able to only see the live score from Bergamo's website lol

When the Brazilians started to play in Italy we had to put much effort to even see anything...

• Scavolini Pesaro with Costagrande, J. Carvalho, Skowronska, Furst, Ferretti, Guiggi and Winjhoven as libero was definitely my favorite, was it 2007-2008? It was just so much fun to see them play together as a team.

Also Perugia with Del core, Gioli, Francia, Crisanti, Arcangeli and Pachale.

The biggest failure was Novara 09-10 though, having Flier and Kozuch at the same time was just a wrong decision. Staelens getting pregnant right after the club signed her was a joke and I won't even mention Kirilova.

• If I'm not mistaken, it was 06-08 season, Castro had started playing since 2004 and Steinbrecher joined in 2006.

• did they performed well?

Sheilla was great. She was even awarded MVP in the 06/07 season when Pesaro didn't even reach the finals. I think prior to Mari arriving to the team, Sheilla was a bench player maybe for Centoni (?!) but eventually became the main OPP.

Mari was okay...she had a better season in 07/08 when the team won the scudetto. However I think the main key player in Pesaro during the three titles especially the first one was Costagrande. She was simply amazing.

• Match between Conegliano (Glass) and Piacenza (Ognjenovic)

• Somebody really needs to invent a time machine. I'd love to see how the 2008 Pesaro team would do against the 2020 Conegliano...

Conegliano 3:0 8o

• These team never trained to play against the style of each other... I think it would be a really good game, 3x2.. but I'm not bold enough to say who would win... :dance6:

• I don't think so. Sheilla and Mari won Olympic gold that year, Fürst was one of the best MBs in the world, Ferretti and Costagrande were in the best phase of their careers...

Joking

We will never know, to bad :/.

• I already lost count of how many blocks Furst had.. MBs of that era were absolutely fantastic :')

• I already lost count of how many blocks Furst had.. MBs of that era were absolutely fantastic :')

I have been huge fan of Furst since that time. There are not many MBs nowadays who has the block anticipation skills that First had😍