Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• Bergamo is teaching volleyball to Perugia... scary... Fofão is completely lost :sos:

• Bergamo is teaching volleyball to Perugia... scary... Fofão is completely lost :sos:

Eventually Perugia won the scudetto. I think Francia was missing in this final match presented today. Di Iulio was so young.

• Today they are showing Italian Cup 2010, Bergamo vs Villa Cortese.

If you want to watch, here is the link

Edit:another link https://www.facebook.com/legav…e/videos/235002090924524/

• How did this Bergamo manage to lose to this Villa Cortese? They were basically an Italian NT + Furst.

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• They also lost to Villa at the semifinals of the lega that year. Very strange lol

• How did this Bergamo manage to lose to this Villa Cortese? They were basically an Italian NT + Furst.

I was wondering the same.

Cate Bosetti was on the Villa Cortese bench, she was 16yo :white:

• It's funny, I never really liked Berg during her active days, but watching her with 10 years distance and knowing what setters came after her, I think she was actually really good :/

Best hands I have ever seen live. She was a goddess. And there were few years that I think she was the best setter of the world (2010-12; when she lost her starting 6 position in NT to Alisha Glass at the WCH and started pushing really hard).

• Best hands I have ever seen live. She was a goddess. And there were few years that I think she was the best setter of the world (2010-12; when she lost her starting 6 position in NT to Alisha Glass at the WCH and started pushing really hard).

I don't think she 'lost' it. Berg wasn't there at the WGP, Alisha and Spicer were the setters. Then at the WCH she made the roster instead of Spicer, but Alisha was the starter.

• It was such a good game. Taismary Aguero, what a player she was :obey: It was also nice for me to watch Sara Anzanello in action again

• I don't think she 'lost' it. Berg wasn't there at the WGP, Alisha and Spicer were the setters. Then at the WCH she made the roster instead of Spicer, but Alisha was the starter.

And then Alisha was the setter during the GP 12 finals, won the title and got cut from the Olympics. I'll never understand that.

• Beijing Olympics was one of the worst moments in Aguero’s career. 😂

I don't know if you meant to laugh but you should know that she had lost her mom a few weeks before and was not allowed to bury her in Cuba

• And then Alisha was the setter during the GP 12 finals, won the title and got cut from the Olympics. I'll never understand that.

Still a mystery to me. US has some odd ways of choosing Olys team players.

• question: Is Mari Sheila's ex lover?

And then Alisha was the setter during the GP 12 finals, won the title and got cut from the Olympics. I'll never understand that.

Because the cheerleader Courtney Thompson had to be there lol

• And then Alisha was the setter during the GP 12 finals, won the title and got cut from the Olympics. I'll never understand that.

It was obvious Berg will play all the matches, and will only be replaced in case of an injury. So the second setter, really had to come just as part of the double sub. Alisha has always been a bad server, and Thompson a really solid one. The double sub worked better with Courney, so unfortunately Alisha got cut

• question: Is Mari Sheila's ex lover?

Well, that's a million dollar question, isn't it? No one knows for sure, but circumstantial evidence does seem strong (or at least seemed that way to a lot of people).

• To me the Courtney Thompson thing has been such a mystery, she was a good setter but then my question is that was it worth taking her in stead of Glass who had played almost the whole Olympic circle? Also in Rio, she was there as 3rd setter, I'd never understand.

Maybe Karch took her to boost the team vibes or so which I really don't get either.

Aguero - she was just AMAZING in 2007-2009, I felt sorry for her tragic story with her mother and her having to play as OH, she's one of the legendary players who can hit, pass, dig and also set. What a player.