Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• And then Alisha was the setter during the GP 12 finals, won the title and got cut from the Olympics. I'll never understand that.

It was obvious Berg will play all the matches, and will only be replaced in case of an injury. So the second setter, really had to come just as part of the double sub. Alisha has always been a bad server, and Thompson a really solid one. The double sub worked better with Courney, so unfortunately Alisha got cut

• question: Is Mari Sheila's ex lover?

Well, that's a million dollar question, isn't it? No one knows for sure, but circumstantial evidence does seem strong (or at least seemed that way to a lot of people).

• To me the Courtney Thompson thing has been such a mystery, she was a good setter but then my question is that was it worth taking her in stead of Glass who had played almost the whole Olympic circle? Also in Rio, she was there as 3rd setter, I'd never understand.

Maybe Karch took her to boost the team vibes or so which I really don't get either.

Aguero - she was just AMAZING in 2007-2009, I felt sorry for her tragic story with her mother and her having to play as OH, she's one of the legendary players who can hit, pass, dig and also set. What a player.

• To me the Courtney Thompson thing has been such a mystery, she was a good setter but then my question is that was it worth taking her in stead of Glass who had played almost the whole Olympic circle? Also in Rio, she was there as 3rd setter, I'd never understand.

Maybe Karch took her to boost the team vibes or so which I really don't get either.

The thing about that team in London 2012 was that Hugh looked at the 12 players as a whole.. not as first 6 and their replacements. So it was obvious Logan, Berg, Hooker, Davis, Akinradewo will play all the matches, unless an injury occurs. Larson and Harmotto were not as stable, which was understandable considering it was their first Olympics. He had Hodge and Scott on the bench to come in, whenever things get tough. Courtney and Hanneef were there just as part of the double sub, that's all. Same for Myashiro. So it weren't exactly the 'best' players who made the cut, rather than those who did the responsibilities they had in that team the best

• Well, that's a million dollar question, isn't it? No one knows for sure, but circumstantial evidence does seem strong (or at least seemed that way to a lot of people).

Sheilla has confirmed it herself. It's true. They dated for many years.

• The thing about that team in London 2012 was that Hugh looked at the 12 players as a whole.. not as first 6 and their replacements. So it was obvious Logan, Berg, Hooker, Davis, Akinradewo will play all the matches, unless an injury occurs. Larson and Harmotto were not as stable, which was understandable considering it was their first Olympics. He had Hodge and Scott on the bench to come in, whenever things get tough. Courtney and Hanneef were there just as part of the double sub, that's all. Same for Myashiro. So it weren't exactly the 'best' players who made the cut, rather than those who did the responsibilities they had in that team the best

Ok but I still find it weird.

• Sheilla has confirmed it herself. It's true. They dated for many years.

Didn't know. Great to know!:thumbup:

• I hope the channel will also show some matches of that epic Bergamo vs Novara final series. I don't remember which year it was, I think 2004 or 2005? I just remember it was EPIC and that was in the days when all we got were some really low quality streams ^^

2003-04. Epic come back for Bergamo.

My wish finally came true: tonight LVF TV will show the 3rd match of that series :obey::woohoo:

• What a pleasure watching this again :super: Angelina Grün, what a player she was :heart: She single-handedly destroyed Novara's dreams in the end of 4th set...

What I noticed once more, back in the days all players were amazing in defense! It made the game so much fun to watch...

• Will conegliano sign new foreign mb? Basing on current lineup (renewed and xfrd) congliano's bench is bit weak compare last 2 season. They need someone who can be there and reliable as sub like sarokaite and Ogbogu and geertis.

There aren't currently rumors about 4th MB, but I don't think that it would be a player as Ogbogu but more like Botezat last year. Also Conegliano can't afford the deep bench we were used to in last 2 seasons, IMHO.

• So will be the main starting MB on Novara? It will be a situation very similar to this year’s Conegliano in DeKruif, Ogbogu and Folie.

I cant see a Chirichella and Washington Duo because they’re basically the same player (better at attacking off one foot) but Bonafacio is just too good to keep off the court from what I have seen of her... Will Lavarini rotate them? I assume Chirichella has to play most of the time because she’s Italian the capris.

• Chirichella is a sweetheart <3

• Washington is a better MB1 and Bonifacio is a better MB2. Chirichella can play both. I guess Larvalini would probably rotate three of them. But Chirichella will always start in important matches.

• So will be the main starting MB on Novara? It will be a situation very similar to this year’s Conegliano in DeKruif, Ogbogu and Folie.

I cant see a Chirichella and Washington Duo because they’re basically the same player (better at attacking off one foot) but Bonafacio is just too good to keep off the court from what I have seen of her... Will Lavarini rotate them? I assume Chirichella has to play most of the time because she’s Italian the capris.

Washington has a slide-D-like attack but in front of the setter. If Novara can utilize that in rotations warranting that as an MB1, Chirichella-Washington is feasible.