Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• Apparently everyone who has not renewed yet in Stuttgart might indeed leave :white: Paige Tapp would like to play in Italy, Poll wants to be closer to her husband (Aachen would be the most likely destination), Schaefer wants more playing time, van Daelen might retire...

Considering that Schwerin seems to be able to keep most of their current team, it's going to be a hard job for Renkema to build a team that can defend the title next season.

Eek! I figured Paige was headed to Italy since her boyfriend just signed a 2 year contract there. Can’t blame her or Jana for wanting to be close to their significant others.

Will be a completely different team next year!

• Confirmed was today on season end celebration (thanks to the first championship it was a real celebration) that Micheli Tomazela Pissinato, Renata Sandor and Molly McCage end their active volleyball career and that Sarah Wilhite goes to Brazil regarding the team of Stuttgart.

For Stuttgart it is not a duty to defend the title, the winning roster was somewhat lucky, and it is quite possible, that next season roster will not have the same quality. But if Schwerin thinks, it is necessary to win every season, they can have the pressure for it :) .

Personally speaking, I would be content with a forth DVV cup title, we have a big task to finance and play CL again. Schwerin will have likely much higher budget than us, so the conditions are different in many regards.

• Elisa Lohmann leaves Schwerin and goes to Kanti Schaffhausen.

Vilsbiburg signs Josepha Bock (VCO Berlin )

• Agtobari goes probably to Aachen. Agost, Gründing and Imoudu leaves Aachen. Not official but rumors from a good Source

• Sandor is retired at such a young age?:white:

• Sandor is retired at such a young age?:white:

Well she is 28, so not THAT young, but yeah still quite early. She never was the same again after the ACL injury though...

I think Mareike go to Aachen and I heard that they talk with Poll.

So now they just have to return to Alemannia to complete the revival team ^^

Spanish press reports that Ana Escamilla will play in Potsdam: https://www.radiomarcaalmeria.…eon-de-la-liga-iberdrola/

Good transfer IMO, she's a very talented girl.

• Well she is 28, so not THAT young, but yeah still quite early. She never was the same again after the ACL injury though...

So now they just have to return to Alemannia to complete the revival team ^^

Spanish press reports that Ana Escamilla will play in Potsdam: https://www.radiomarcaalmeria.…eon-de-la-liga-iberdrola/

Good transfer IMO, she's a very talented girl.

To me, 35 is the average retirement age depending on the position of course but I can imagine having ACL injury could be a career ruining experience.

• A fellow viewer of mine learned from Kim Renkema, that alongside with the four prolonged contracts in Stuttgart four more are signed, but she didn't told names yet...

• Felix Koslowski says in an interview that Szakmary will replace Geerties in starting six and they want to sign Romy Jatzko as backup. She missed most of the season with VCO Berlin with an injury but she surely is a talented player.