Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• Vilsbiburg vs Aachen will be played without audience and it's very likely that it will be the same for Dresden vs Wiesbaden. More and more federal states have come to decide to cancel events with more than 1,000 people.

• If the season is finished with the league round finaly match day, the match Schwerin vs. Stuttgart will likely determine, which team will solely play CL next season. Precondition after win of Schwerin against Suhl is as follows: if Schwerin wins at home (with or without spectators?) at least two sets, they will defend the first place, vice versa Stuttgart has to win with three points there to grab it from Schwerin, i.e. must not lose more than one set.

• Officials of SSC is in the middle of coordinating all sides at the moment in hope to obtain a relatively rational and appropriate outcome under current circumstances.

Further info about the presence of audience will be disclosed in the near future, that is to say, there indeed exists a chance that we are going to witness another match without spectators.

• Managers of the Bundesliga teams (male and female) are going to hold a meeting soon to discuss about cancelling the playoffs. Given the duration of the ban for events with audience I seriously expect this to be the most probable option, playing without audience causes big financial problems for the teams, so playoffs would mean losing a lot of money.

• They could try a 2 days final-4. For both the scudetto (1-4 positions) and the fifth place (5-8 positions) and so on.

But still, don't make the same mistake the italian sports League did. Stop everything right now. Staying home Is the only way to keep the virus.

• VBL decided that all matches in 1st league this weekend will be played without audience. They're still discussing about what to do concerning the playoffs and will release a statement once they make a decision.

All 2nd leagues are cancelled from now on.

• VBL decided that all matches in 1st league this weekend will be played without audience. They're still discussing about what to do concerning the playoffs and will release a statement once they make a decision.

All 2nd leagues are cancelled from now on.

Second, Third and Fourth League are cancelled.

• This sounds like Schwerin will be the somewhat lucky CL participant - bad luck for Stuttgart, to lose the chance to turn it around... for the other teams it is no such big deal, i.e. Potsdam is third and will qualify for CEV cup like last season.

The US professionals are totally screwed: they are banned from returning to USA, if I got it right.

This total desaster is not unique, many leagues in many teamsports will end like this.

Anyway, it is a small issue compared to the threat of climate and ecological breakdown, which gets not nearly the reaction required compared to the relatively small, but seemingly more current threat of Corona virus - what use will it be to be sometimes a Champion, when history ends and nobody remembers?

• I think they can still go back through UK.

• Dresdner (winner of the cup) didnt earn a spot to the cev cup?

• Wouldn’t it be better if they played a match in September, like Turkish super cup, to decide who goes to CL and who goes to Cev cup? Corona threat will probably end by then and teams will have new squads meaning better squad goes to better tournament.

• Wouldn’t it be better if they played a match in September, like Turkish super cup, to decide who goes to CL and who goes to Cev cup? Corona threat will probably end by then and teams will have new squads meaning better squad goes to better tournament.

That won't work due to CEV's regulations, they need to know the participants much earlier. Unless they change that under the given circumstances...