Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• That won't work due to CEV's regulations, they need to know the participants much earlier. Unless they change that under the given circumstances...

I thought they would be more flexible considering the situation but...

• That's a difficult situation, Dresden saved as underdog with DVV cup win a higher slot in European cups as deserved by league round, so this is a decision, if Potsdam or Dresden gets the second CEV cup slot.

• An interesting statement by Jung from the VBL: eight teams in the league have at least a 1 million Euro budget, even Straubing still without adequate hall had 750.000 Euro. Which two teams he told have more than 2 million isn't really clear: Schwerin is one of them, but Stuttgart had 1.8 million and Dresden claims to have less than 2 million too. The others are clearly behind so far I know.

• That won't work due to CEV's regulations, they need to know the participants much earlier. Unless they change that under the given circumstances...

I think it is also important for the clubs to know which cup they will be playing so that they can make their budgets, transfers accordingly. Even sponsorship decision could be made depending on whether a team will play in CL or not.

• I think it's safe to say that this whole situation is unprecedented and right now nobody can make any plans for next season (or even be sure there will be a next season...)

Usually such a virus crisis should be largely under control until October I think. But every virus pandemic is different, so I'm just guessing.

• Many players from different teams of football Bundesliga were tested positive.

VBL must be proud of their decision. They were brave to cancel everything because, as you can see, closed doors don't make any difference when it comes to team sports.

Yesterday 5 players from Sampdoria were tested positive, now they are 8 (the club decided not to say who are the 3 new infected).

• Second League Team Sonthofen are didn't play in the Second League South next year. They have problems with the Squad, the trainings halls ( there are training in Munich and only Fridays in Sonthofen) and for the younger Girls the Second League is not a option.

• This is obviously not related to the Corona virus pandemics, but some clubs may have an huge issue with the economical drawbacks it poses. So we have to wait, how the whole league(s) will proceed. At least having 8 teams with at least 1 million Euro budget in the league incites the hope, that most (maybe not all) will survive. Suhl seems to be the economically weakest of them, and I can't believe, that there can be for more than a few years two teams from the small state Thuringina in the league, to be honest. On the other hand, it might be the right time to increase minimum budget for professional league to 500.000 Euro per year, which is fulfilled by nearly all of them already.

• By the way, the state capital of Baden-Württemberg, Stuttgart, has banned every training facility use, private fitness clubs and so on from opening now too. I don't know, if this is done all over the state or in whole Germany, but it finishes any sports activity done aside from at home or other strictly private kind.

• Kimberly Drewniok posted a sort of farewell publication on Insta to Schwerin, from which I presume her likelihood to stay within should be quite low.

Well, since I figured out there are other club accounts she’s been following, I suppose I was just being a little dramatic here:aww:
    Anyway, wish she would make a wise career move:rose:

• Kimberly Drewniok posted a sort of farewell publication on Insta to Schwerin, from which I presume her likelihood to stay within should be quite low.

(Plus: Just noticed she also followed UYBA on social media, which sets my mind to wonder:white:

Bongaerts and Wong-Orantes posted a similar post. So I wouldn't conclude to much out of it...

• Dresdner SC had to terminate the contracts of Brie King, Kadie Rolfzen, Nikola Radosova, Milica Kubura, Lucija Mlinar and Piia Korhonen, so that they are able to travel back home. :sos:

Not sure if we will see any of them next season.

• The VBL head declared the 2019/2020 as "no season" (just training matches series, so to speak), therefore no teams of 1. and 2. league can be called champion. ( https://www.volleyball-bundesl…page=0#a_180491_740560815 )

And they postponed licensing dates and the according dates for financial licensing (to have sufficient firm finances for their tasks) also.

No decision yet was made regarding European cups, despite the valid rankings were already leaked in two another threads here.