CEV Champions League 2020

• well, this guy has been making racist, transphobic comments all over the years and he has been making jokes about a severe virus which has affected hundreds of thousand people and killed thousands.

Where are our beloved, hardworking admins? Are there any admins in this forum? When are they going to do something about it? If you cannot do your job, why don’t you just quit?

there were users who said “yeah that user has made some unfortunate comments but i like him and bla bla bla” so blames on you, too.

• What Jokes ??? ahhahahahahaha

You are everything. :flower:

• Thank you God that people from Fenerbahce and Eczacibasi are enough smart to NOT think as you and that We are gone watch amazing matches

So yeah YOU WERE WRONG, Eczacibasi and Fener are like me, the Walls.

• From what I read on Novara website (http://www.agilvolley.com/igornovara.asp?id=3&idnews=2995), Fenerbache doesn't have any problems about it and the teams are working smoothly on the planning of the games.

Savino just published the match is confirmed, but says nothing about Eczacibasi, my guess is they're having a problem, which is even weirder since Tuscany is not a risk area.

It goes without saying that the situation is still in development, in the next days we're going to know more about it.

Every area is risk, Tuscany is not infected area yet. I repeat so far many news is so overdramatic, but Italy must be high proffesionally if they want to avoid more infected ones. Certainly neither Scandicci nor Eczacibasi will be the one to decide whether or not the match will be played.

I'am last one who want to moving/delaying the match, just we must be honest and realistic.

• Thank you God that people from Fenerbahce and Eczacibasi are enough smart to NOT think as you and that We are gone watch amazing matches

So yeah YOU WERE WRONG, Eczacibasi and Fener are like me, the Walls.

I'm really worried for you as a person if your only concern in this situation is the "amazing matches" that we are "gone" watch. Volleyball is not everything in life and right now we should be thinking about the players,coaches and everyone else's safety.If there's a way to ensure that, yes,the matches should be played but I see no way doing that in Italy,where the number of people testing positive are increasing everyday and in different regions.The decision of course will not be made based on yours or mine or anyone else's opinion,but you,for once,stop spreading false information and acting like there's no big deal. At least show some respect to the affected people and to those you are worried because they cannot afford to get sick (myself included)!

• Every area is risk, Tuscany is not infected area yet. I repeat so far many news is so overdramatic, but Italy must be high proffesionally if they want to avoid more infected ones. Certainly neither Scandicci nor Eczacibasi will be the one to decide whether or not the match will be played.

I'am last one who want to moving/delaying the match, just we must be honest and realistic.

If we go with that reasoning everywhere in Europe is at risk, Italy is the only country so far testing more after the first confirmed cases, but I highly doubt it's the only country infected. In Tuscany so far there hasn't been any particular security measure, which of course can change, but until then everything is going on as usual (and I say this as someone living in Tuscany).

I'm not saying i'm opposed to a moving (delaying could be more of a problem since the schedule is already super packed considering Scandicci already has to reschedule two more games), but since there's not any official statement from CEV yet nor any prohibition for events in Tuscany by Italian government it's not like Scandicci has any other option than keep going on the regular organization of the match.

• 130 new cases in italy today. It was 95 yesterday. All northern Italy is in danger.

Israel put everyone comes from Italy under quarantine, even the diplomats, for 2 weeks.

CL games must relocated to somewhere in southern Italy or postponed for 2 weeks and teams should go under quarantine like Chinese NT and for sure, no spectators. I can't believe how ignorant and stupid Scandicci directors are. They are putting everyone in danger.

Yes, mortality rate is not high, especially for healthy-young people but these people will interact with old people, sick people and they will not make it. For what? Cause Scandicci or stupid Cev wants game to play on schedule with spectators. Just pure ignorance.

• well, this guy has been making racist, transphobic comments all over the years and he has been making jokes about a severe virus which has affected hundreds of thousand people and killed thousands.

Where are our beloved, hardworking admins? Are there any admins in this forum? When are they going to do something about it? If you cannot do your job, why don’t you just quit?

there were users who said “yeah that user has made some unfortunate comments but i like him and bla bla bla” so blames on you, too.

Thank you.

• Where are our beloved, hardworking admins? Are there any admins in this forum? When are they going to do something about it? If you cannot do your job, why don’t you just quit?

most of them dont even care except matthias who is busy deleting my post that was actually intended to trigger the clown everybody is talking about but i guess it also triggered him along the way.

• :mirror:

Can't wait for the matches of CL :D

• Just move the matches to hotter places. Ever wonder why all places severely affected are either naturally cold or in winter season?

well almost all of Europe is in winter/pre-spring season so...

I really cant think of a place that's 'hot' right now even in the most hottest of countries, the southern ones like Spain, Portugal, Greece and also Italy and Turkey actually. That's the whole problem lol

But there are days that have +20C° now slowly with spring coming up so waiting a few weeks might work, not sure if it really affects coronavirus that much though.

• well almost all of Europe is in winter/pre-spring season so...

I really cant think of a place that's 'hot' right now even in the most hottest of countries, the southern ones like Spain, Portugal, Greece and also Italy and Turkey actually. That's the whole problem lol

But there are days that have +20C° now slowly with spring coming up so waiting a few weeks might work, not sure if it really affects coronavirus that much though.

Exactly,Italy and countries as Greece,Spain etc are supposed to be the warmer ones this time of the year but the virus shows no problem spreading around here...It's not like heat offers serious protection against the virus,it's just not as likely for it to survive in surfaces for a long time,or be spread so easily,cause the conditions for its survival are not ideal...At least that's what we've been told in med school...

Here in Greece we got 2 more cases,one in Athens and the other one in Thessaloniki (son of the first woman that got reported yesterday) and as a result cancelled all Carnival celebrations that were supposed to take place in pretty much everywhere in the country this weekend.

• FIVB should act upon the crisis immediately.

IMO VNL and the other continental NT tournaments before Olympics should all be cancelled. It's really unfair for the clubs to take the brunt of the epidemic during the middle of the club season without a guideline when to release the players.

I mean if this situation doesn't resolve itself before May of this year... Everything will become messier especially if this epidemic evolves into a pandemic. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Calm down! Corono viruz isn't that severe as what you thinknit is! The media is just over killing it with lot's of drama. Have you done your research? Most of those infected and died people are old and with underlying conditions not just because of viruz. Have you check the percentage of survivors of this virus? Nope because they media are focusing too much on the # of death. Strong Immune system is the key. you had fever, cough and colds and you became okay and healthy again and you didn't know you got infected with the viruz and survived. It's like a simple flu and that's it!!!!

• Calm down! Corono viruz isn't that severe as what you thinknit is! The media is just over killing it with lot's of drama. Have you done your research? Most of those infected and died people are old and with underlying conditions not just because of viruz. Have you check the percentage of survivors of this virus? Nope because they media are focusing too much on the # of death. Strong Immune system is the key. you had fever, cough and colds and you became okay and healthy again and you didn't know you got infected with the viruz and survived. It's like a simple flu and that's it!!!!

It’s not like death is the only concern though, especially for athletes about to head to the Olympics. If they get sick, even if it isn’t fatal, it will stop them from being able to practice properly and give them not enough time to recover before the Olympics. Or if they are exposed to the corona virus they will be put in quarantine for many weeks, which again could harm their Olympic chances. I think cancelling all tournaments would be excessive and unnecessary, but relocating all of the times China is set to host to a less risky location seems like a reasonable decision