CEV Champions League 2020

• No news about CL being cancelled ???

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for Olympics decision... If they can postponed Olympics that there is a chance for club season especially when VNL is gone be played in Sept.

But again, players are already out of shape, teams are not training together.

I'm surprised that there is no official news yet.

• And who will get CL tickets for next season if they cancelled club season...there is so many questions :(

• The biggest problem is that the players won't have a valid contract after May.

The OGs won't happen, the CL will be cancelled. That's it. There is no other way out.

• The biggest problem is that the players won't have a valid contract after May.

The OGs won't happen, the CL will be cancelled. That's it. There is no other way out.

I understand but still no official news, what are they waiting :white:

• IMHO the 2020-21 sports season is a big question mark too, as long as clubs can't play with open doors and I don't see it happening. Football can survive this (selling TV rights), but volleyball, basketball (NBA excluded) and so on won't. No crowd, no money.

• I think it's too early to speculate what the social and political conditions will be after this summer. There is always a recency bias when predicting future in assuming the present conditions will last, but conditions such as they are cannot last for a year or more. I'm afraid life (not to mention economy) will have to go on, regardless of death numbers, especially once the idea of this disease and it's casualties has a chance to stabilise in our minds. We'll be conditioned to it's presence in our lives (both biologically and psychologically). There will either be found a vaccine, or a sufficient number of people will gain natural immunity by recovering from it, that disadvantages of present conditions will outweigh (at least in the minds of policy-makers, but also in public opinion) the risks that the disease will pose to those that will still be at risk from it.

• This is tied to my previous post, but many people have a misconception about current restrictive measures, and what they are intended to achieve. These measures are not to protect us from contracting COVID-19. As things stand now, practically all of us are guaranteed to catch it sooner or later. They are designed to prevent us all (but especially for those at risk) contracting the virus at the same time, so that health-care won't collapse, and so that the number of people that are most likely to have complications won't be too great for the system at any point in time.

• I'm now waiting for CEV official news, now they have time on calender, VNL postponed and Olympics too...They don't have any NT important tournaments . Even though players contract will be done after end of May I do believe if situation calms down that We can watch the end of CL.

Players are rest, extra money for them, in the end of June, it is not impossible :white:

They can make Final4 in Berlin, only matches that are not played are between Ecz-Scandicci, Fener and Novara....

• I'm now waiting for CEV official news, now they have time on calender, VNL postponed and Olympics too...They don't have any NT important tournaments . Even though players contract will be done after end of May I do believe if situation calms down that We can watch the end of CL.

Players are rest, extra money for them, in the end of June, it is not impossible :white:

They can make Final4 in Berlin, only matches that are not played are between Ecz-Scandicci, Fener and Novara....

Dude, still?:aww:

• Dude, still?:aww:

Still what ?

Asking question about volleyball and competition that is not yet canceled ??

There is no official news yet so Why not ?

If you have something to add about this thread, go ahead. thank you. :)

• Does somebody have any news about further situation ?? Official news ?

Canceling or anything ?

• Italy (and not only them) are collapsing... Don't wait for CL, there are more important things to care about right now

• Olympics are not officially cancelled or am I wrong?

Not officially, but Canada and Australia are the first two countries to cancel participation (if the games are held on schedule). I sincerely doubt that the Olympics and any sporting event will be over by the end of the year, and for that I have a number of strong and stable reasons that should be obvious to everyone.

• Waiting for official cancellation of CL 2020., but still no news.

What is CEV waiting?? They have still hopes especially when whole NT season is cancelled or I don't get it? Why they are not saying anything? :what:

• Conegliano president gave interview, where He is talking about of making Club volleyball big as NBA, Euroleague in Basketball or NHL in IceHokey

He believe clubs are now more than ready for doing it.

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…acciamo-la-nba-in-italia/

Could Italian users translate it few important parts of interview and make some conclusion ?

Some users here talked about this few time, and I believe this would be great idea for popularity. We would watch way more high levels games and so on...

CL only become interesting after pool stage :down:

For me WCCH has way better format because when it starts We are all in it, and CL has huge gab between matches...

• CEV has decided to launch a "Marshall plan" in response of coronavirus pandemy, a series of measures that account for the investment and reliefs of about € 11.5 million for the benefit of the CEV's stakeholders. European cups, including CEV Champions League, are officially cancelled.

https://www.cev.eu/News.aspx?NewsID=30632&ID=1

• It seems that Italian League asked 4 slots in Champions League for Italian teams next season. Maybe Scandicci will get a wild card http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…-4-italiane-in-champions/

We TOTALLY deserve it :whistle: