Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Natalia is amazing and about Gabi I think she is adjusting with time but she is playing good. You can only expect certain level from certain players...

• I think Natalia is the best OH of the league at the moment. She does everything well.

Gabi costed Vakifbank a set in the first set of Scandicci match. But I like her. Her stats are often very good, she receives and attacks as an OH should do. The problem is, Vakifbank does not have a 2nd OH and a reliable opposite, which makes life really hard for them. If they transfer a new OH and if Haak starts to play better against strong opponents, Gabi can focus on her tasks and will probably shine more too.

• I think Natalia is the best OH of the league at the moment. She does everything well.

Gabi costed Vakifbank a set in the first set of Scandicci match. But I like her. Her stats are often very good, she receives and attacks as an OH should do. The problem is, Vakifbank does not have a 2nd OH and a reliable opposite, which makes life really hard for them. If they transfer a new OH and if Haak starts to play better against strong opponents, Gabi can focus on her tasks and will probably shine more too.

Because of Guidetti and his stubbornness. He has Ebrar and keeps going on with the useless Haak, wasting the turkish girl on the outside hitter position, that she doesn't fit as good as the opposite one.

My favourite coaches Holy Trinity - Lang Ping, Guidetti, McChutcheon - is about to break. I really don't like Giovanni lately.

• I honestly think there are 2 factors here which are influencing Guidetti's decisions:

1)He sees Haak as his very own future Boskovic; a wunderkid opp who showed an out-of-this-world potential as a teen and who, if brought early, given amply playing time and paid really well, might be persuaded to stay for life (or at least for the duration of her prime), as Boskovic is showing increasing signs that she will stay permanently in Vitra.

2)He gambles on return of Zhu next year or year after that, and by moving Ebrar to OH, he hopes to build a Big Three of Haak-Zhu-Ebrar which, if both of the youngsters continue to improve/adapt as well as Guidetti and those in Vakifbank clearly hope they will, might potentially make his team invincible.

It's a high risk-extremely high reward, and it shows long-term team building and vision, which is never a bad thing in a coach, but it shafts the Turkish NT for the sake of potential future Vakifbank benefit, which, while not inherently negative (a man as clearly positioned for a conflict of interest as Gui is was bound to pick a favourite between his club and his NT sooner or later) many Turkish volleyball fans might find highly objectionable, and rightly so.

• Very interesting points Janko and opens up new perspectives.

Another theory was that Guidetti wants to shine Haak for some other reasons (considering her agency) and that's why he built a system where Haak favours most (by receiving the best sets possible, leaving her against single or moving blocks) while more difficult sets are distributed to OHs, leaving Gabi & Ebrar in trouble.

I don't know what to believe at this point and we don't need to believe in any of these, time will show how things will evolve anyway.

About Guidetti's choice between his club & national team, I think he made it clear that he favours Vakifbank more by moving Ebrar to OH and leaving Meliha and Cansu on bench. Turkey is losing its chance to develop a strong opposite after so many years.

• Natalia is doing amazing, best outside hitter of the league with Kelsey.

Gabi is just mediocre cause of Giovanni and Vakif's setters choices. All out of system balls go to Gabi/Ebrar and they're aint Zhu!

When reception is good, Vakif is in system and Maja/Cansu sets to Haak. Even middles can't involve a lot. Maja-Rasic and Cansu-Zehra likes to play together tho...It's all about Gio.

• OMG Plak is the most useless player ever now aside from 1 day a year. She really does need to lose some weights if she wants to be competitive again. Every time Meryem Boz can't score 25-30 points and has a bad match Aydin is super dead, and Meryem can't keep up that fitness and carry this team literally alone.

Today Plak was

0/20

!!!!!!!!!!!

• Her last season in Seria A was terrible so I literally can't understand why they signed her.

She is not even for some middle level teams.

Plak should become full time OPP and save her ass...

• Thy- Aydin match was completely disaster.

Thy have 22/106 in attack m(21%) plus (8 err, 4 block attack)

Aydin even worse 19/110 plus (13 err, 4 block attack).

Thy and Aydin before the season start was be a prospect team but again mid level team from turkish league is totaly crush

• Great movie create by Vakifbank about big legend Gozde Kirdar.

• Thy- Aydin match was completely disaster.

Thy have 22/106 in attack m(21%) plus (8 err, 4 block attack)

Aydin even worse 19/110 plus (13 err, 4 block attack).

Thy and Aydin before the season start was be a prospect team but again mid level team from turkish league is totaly crush

Ive checked the stats, I think there should be something wrong with it. I can't imagine both team can have less than 20% attacks in a match that ends 3-0. It doesn't make any sense considering the direct errors from boths sides were not that high

• Ive checked the stats, I think there should be something wrong with it. I can't imagine both team can have less than 20% attacks in a match that ends 3-0. It doesn't make any sense considering the direct errors from boths sides were not that high

These stats are most definitely wrong. Isn't 100+ balls attacked per team a little big too much for only 3 sets?

• Ive checked the stats, I think there should be something wrong with it. I can't imagine both team can have less than 20% attacks in a match that ends 3-0. It doesn't make any sense considering the direct errors from boths sides were not that high

To me that was also a bit strange but number of sets to player are look real, because that i suposed to belive that stas are good. If the stats is true big shame on Aydin and Thy.

Yes wait set 1 stats I checked now and those were definitely wrong vs what I saw lol

Actually the TVF site bugged a while with live scoring in set 1 and 2 also. So indeed these stats might be completely wrong

• Vakifbank x Galatasaray

I'm really impressed by Galatasaray... they have some reception problems with Anthi playing as OH, but they are playing super well, they are one of my favourites this year

• Gabi 18/23 (78%) :obey::obey::obey:

Zehra 17 points (65%)

Rousseaux 36 points :white:

Vasilantonaki`s reception is good, the only problem is that every single player from every single team targets her every single time....Every time I check the stats she has like 30-40 + receptions. Same thing happened in Italy, she received a crazy amount of balls.....of course no one will serve on Guldeniz....so she won`t ever catch a break from receiving.....still she does a nice job.