Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• not VB, but the craziest instance of an injured athlete competing was the japanese gymnast that broke his ankle and still went out to do his routine ending on a hard landing on that broken ankle (and clinching gold medal for JPN in team event)... it happened in the 70's, i think.

Gosh old school Japan was... HORRIBLE, many instances of athletes being used and abused to crazy ends. I think the Japanese women's team in the 60s/70s and the Japanese table tennis (I think?) suffered a lot too.

• Some players play through the pain. It's only human nature to strive for greatness. As long as it's their own volition, it's okay.

It is an admirable trait especially during crucial matches but the players who decided not to play shouldn't be shamed because we don't know the whole situation while the players who played with an injury must be aware of the consequences of their actions and hopefully the club compensates the player regardless of the sacrifice have bore fruit or was made useless.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• About this playing despite injury/illness thing, I think it's necessary to distinguish some things. First, I'm pretty sure there are very little professional players that do not deal with some kind of injury, be it acute or chronical. Professional sports is NOT healthy for the body and players will always have some pain here and there, the older they get the more it will be. So as for that, it is "normal" to play despite pain at times, but it's something different when it's a kind of injury that can become worse in the sense of risking severe damage also outside sports life. Personally I think health must always be more important than sports, so if a player has a serious kind of injury she should not be on court no matter what kind of match it is. But then, players aren't going to listen to that :S Tishchenko played OG 2004 just 3 months after having surgeries on both knees, she could barely walk normally but still played the tournament and almost won gold. Swieniewicz played the final of ECH 2005 with a muscle tear in her leg. In both cases I'm sure the coaches did not force them to play.

Another thing are injuries happening during matches. Sometimes adrenaline (or shock) can make you play despite suffering an acute injury that objectively would sideline anybody. Denise Hanke suffered a muscle tear in ECH QF this year and still finished the match after a short treatment, but afterwards needed 2 months to fully recover it. In German league a libero player twisted her ankle 2 minutes into the first match of the season, afterwards it turned out she tore a ligament, but she finished the match though she could barely stand on the foot. Adrenaline can be pretty impactful.

As for illnesses: when you have a common cold you can play, but players should not play with fever or severe diseases like a real flu. They'll just infect their teammates and not be able to play their real game anyway.

• Mbh was not performing well in Chinese legaue maybe her mind and focus was already in vakifbank lol.

Mbh is good, she can be dominant if she would want to. But she is inconsistent as well specially in passing. Not sure if vakif can maximize their players. Imoco is still top team to beat.

Eczacibasi is a great team if they'll play as a team.

• I think MBH fits to Vakifbank's system perfectly and we know that she is a system player, like Hill.

Main issue of Vakifbank was Ebrar playing as OH and getting not as many sets as she should as an offensive OH. The reason was Ebrar's slow approach which simply hammered Vakifbank's attacking system.

Even with Ebrar, who is converted from opposite to OH recently, their receiving ratios are really good and Maja/Cansu distribute sets to Haak and Gabi really fast. Now with MBH joining the team, they will have a 3rd wing spiker who likes to hit fast sets. Simply, any team who is not good from the serve line should forget about winning against Vakifbank in the future.

• I watched the entire Chinese League and I don't understand.MBH was Beijing's top scorer in most of the matches (I also think she was their top scorer overall,but I'm too bored to go and start counting lol) and her passing was improved compared to,let's say 2018 WCH.I'm not saying she had the best season of her career. But she was her team's go-to-hitter.Besides you cannot predict how someone's gonna perform in a team judging by their performance in another team,with different setters,teammates,opponents etc. If she'll fit Vakif's system, that remains to be seen.

• who is she and what do you guys think about Planinsec?

I know Slovenia has some great underrated players, but I do not know much about her. She played in Dresdner last season, maybe some Chinese and German ppl can help us out. I do understand they left Sobolska though, she had good days and her stats were not bad but was just lacking and not dominant at all as an mb

• Week 12:

17.01.2020 - 16:00 CET

tvf.png 18:00

THY - Fenerbahçe OPET

live on TRT SPOR 2

19.01.2020 - 12:00 CET

tvf.png14:00

Aydın BŞB - VakıfBank SK

live on TRT SPOR 2

19.01.2020 - 12:00 CET

tvf.png 14:00

Beşiktaş JK - Karayolları

19.01.2020 - 16:00 CET

tvf.png 18:00

Galatasaray HDI - Nilüfer Bld.

19.01.2020 - 16:30 CET

tvf.png 18:30

Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Beylikdüzü Voleybol İhtisas

20.01.2020 - 17:00 CET

tvf.png 19:00

PTT - Atlas Global Yeşilyurt

live on TRT SPOR 2

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VHVvpRCHLSU

I haven’t watched the all video, I just watched the small video on instagram, it looks so funny.

Kubra is such a troll🤣 and orge seems to be such a competitive person

• Whoever edited this video deserves many :obey::obey::obey:

• Thompson straight away scoring her first point for Fenerbahçe!:box: