Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• No it is real. This also makes her the highest earning Swedish female athlete. 3 years/3 million euros.( maybe Meatballs may share the article again)

The amount of money is so abnormal for someone in her status .It should be discuss more.

did Vakif make a statement about it? As far as I’m consired, no. So no, it is not real. I don’t believe it that they would pay her this amount of money. And her performance should be discussed but not this fake news. It affects how people judge her game because everybody keeps expecting high from her and they are right regardless of money yet they come and say “she is not playing like a millon dollar baby”.

• When did any turkish club confirm the salary of a player? What did Vakifbank say about the salary? When did they deny the rumors? Am I missing something? Neither the player nor the player denied the salary rumors.

Both Italian ,Swedish and international press (worldofvolley) are reporting 1 million euros per year.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lok…ast-betalda-idrottskvinna

According to information in the Italian media, Isabelle Haak has an annual salary of about SEK 10.6 million in Turkey - which is supposed to make her Sweden's best-paid female athlete.

Figures that, if confirmed, would set a new record for world volleyball: Isabelle Haak could become the first player in history to earn more than one million dollars a year, almost one million euros at current exchange rates, under 21 years of age (the opposite was born in Lund, Sweden, in 1999). Very probably it will be reached by the already mentioned Egonu already in the next market, when with a new contract it could also reach certain hyperbolic figures. But the first under 21 in the world capable of snatching such an important contract will remain Isabelle.

• When did any turkish club confirm the salary of a player? What did Vakifbank say about the salary? When did they deny the rumors? Am I missing something? Neither the player nor the player denied the salary rumors.

Both Italian ,Swedish and international press (worldofvolley) are reporting 1 million euros per year.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lok…ast-betalda-idrottskvinna

What are you talking about?

You have the link. Read those words.

Haak says "Det är överdrivet" Google translate tells me it means "It's exaggerated."

What denial do you need? Her payment slip?

• What are you talking about?

You have the link. Read those words.

Haak says "Det är överdrivet" Google translate tells me it means "It's exaggerated."

What denial do you need? Her payment slip?

If it was wrong , pro-Guidetti press in Turkey would already shared the salary. I don't think Haak is taking 1 million euros alone but I believe Vakifbank is paying both her and her agent a total of 1 million euros. Considering Guidetti's very close relationship with her agency, this transfer raises many question marks.

• Where does libero Melisa Memiş play this year?

• If it was wrong , pro-Guidetti press in Turkey would already shared the salary. I don't think Haak is taking 1 million euros alone but I believe Vakifbank is paying both her and her agent a total of 1 million euros. Considering Guidetti's very close relationship with her agency, this transfer raises many question marks.

Speculate whatever you want.

I know nothing and don't care about it.

I simply want to point out that you included a link proving the opposite of your claim.

• Yea 'överdrivet' would mean Haak says the media is blowing it out of proportion. With the Turkish clubs we have to understand 99% of the times the media is making up guesses because the clubs are quite secretive on what they spend usually. Except some official cases which have made the papers like Kim Yeon Koung, Larson at the time and ofc Zhu Ting's deal was no secret either. Also Gözde (was) and Naz are making close to 1 million. But the contracts are with the players and clubs, and unless someone shares it. Its usually just speculation for Turkish clubs.

I doubt VB pays 1 million to Haak, but since they decided they want to invest in her for 3 yrs I'm sure they made a good deal for her, probably more than 1 million in those 3 years and it'll be up to her to prove where those 3 yrs will bring her.

• Citated.

"That is exaggerated. It's sad to see so much attention being paid to something like money. Sweden is a small country and it is what they do to try and attract viewers."

- Isabelle Haak

Herself debunking the 1 million a year thing... Good to see that she is not so money-driven, she came to VB to be amongst the best of the best and to become the best, not to get a quick cash-grab. Money will come eventually with success. Now we can move on. VB is not dumb, I already knew this was false tbh and said it before...

• Im sorry folks but Haak really earns that much money. It was in many different newspapers in Sweden. An example from a mainstream media:

https://www.expressen.se/kvall…st-betalda-idrottskvinna/

Haak being the most paid sportwoman of Sweden. They also say Zhu Ting made about 1.6 million euros in Vakifbank. They add, Haak will make 1 million euros, plus money coming from sponsors.

It is not very absurd when you think that after Boskovic and Egonu, she is the biggest potential as an opposite. Besides, she would not move away from Italy where she could learn a lot more if she did not get a remarkable salary since she keeps saying money does not matter.

• I actually ordered a receipt of her salary to my adress which will arrive like in 1-3 days :D Lets see if she registered it in Sweden :)

• Lol poor Haak. :)

Nobody is claiming Haak chose Vakifbank for money. She would came even if club offered double of her Scandicci salary.

There was no competition for Haak. No other Turkish team made offer.

But for some reason Vakifbank decided to severely overpay her. And it is our right to question why.

They didn't pay 1 million euros to Egonu, Boskovic , they paid it to an unproven player. Vakifbank also did it despite having the most promising Turkish young opposite player in their squad.

So far the only players that earned over 1 million euros from Turkish clubs were champions, already proven MVPs

So if she is earning on bar with Zhu Ting ,Boskovic, Leon, Ngapeth ; double of Vargas, Kelsey Robinson, Zaytsev, Juantorena; 10 times better than young Turkish players like Ebrar, Zehra, I'm expecting special peformances from her. Not choking in crucial moments, for once hitting out of system balls etc .

She is young ,she is there to learn, give her patience part is too romantic for someone taking 1 million euros per year.

Vakifbank has the best opposite player of VNL at the age of 19 in their side and decided to pay 10 times more money to someone at the same age. At this conditions you are expecting patience for Haak and criticizing Ebrar for not being motivated enough. This is laughable. I hate when people always choose local players as scapegoats and giving princess treatment to overpaid foreign players

• I see this differently. Regardless as to what Haak was paid I think that Guidetti brought her in specifically so that he would have to play her at OP and that that would leverage his persuasion with Ebrar that she would have to move to OH if she wanted to play. For Guidetti an Olympic medal is way larger than any championship with Vakif. His reputation would soar and he would be a national hero. To that end I think he wants to use Ebrar's natural competitiveness to see if she has the chops to learn how to receive and not let it impact her attack. Having a big hitter like Ebrar as a competent receiver, say at the level of Kim Hill, would be huge for the Turkish National Team especially if the rumors of Vargas applying for Turkish citizenship are true.

• I don't think we can deem Haak a liar, she says she doesn't make that much. We have to take her word on it, why would she lie anyway? Newspapers have been wrong before many times, and if they are right, ok thats also ok. But I don't think it's fair to Haak to take her own word as if it were nothing... Y'all crazy :whistle:

• I see this differently. Regardless as to what Haak was paid I think that Guidetti brought her in specifically so that he would have to play her at OP and that that would leverage his persuasion with Ebrar that she would have to move to OH if she wanted to play. For Guidetti an Olympic medal is way larger than any championship with Vakif. His reputation would soar and he would be a national hero. To that end I think he wants to use Ebrar's natural competitiveness to see if she has the chops to learn how to receive and not let it impact her attack. Having a big hitter like Ebrar as a competent receiver, say at the level of Kim Hill, would be huge for the Turkish National Team especially if the rumors of Vargas applying for Turkish citizenship are true.

I agree with this, some people say he just doesn't give a f about NT but that makes no sense. Turkey getting silver in Europe is one of the best results ever + the ongoing successes on VNL and any other tour shows whatever this guy is doing, it's working for Turkey. And now Turkey is favorite to get the European Olympic ticket too. I don't think at this stage we should be so judgemental yet about his tactics.

• I've just noticed that Büşra played as OH in last set of besiktas-aydin match. She has played as OH during junior European and world championships. It would be interesting to try a position switch at this age indeed but considering how terrible besiktas is nowadays, why not experiment a bit 😅

• And btw someone said 'Male legendary players don't even make that much' apparently triggered bcs of this in 2019.

Are u kidding me, men make more literally in every sport/workplace/everything everywhere in this world. Volleyball is maybe the one and only place (def in sports one of the only) where women get appreciated more than men and ppl still dare to mention it here with a non-pleased attitude.

I hope when Zhu Ting comes she makes 2-3 million USD or more so these people get triggered even more. :rose:

• I've just noticed that Büşra played as OH in last set of besiktas-aydin match. She has played as OH during junior European and world championships. It would be interesting to try a position switch at this age indeed but considering how terrible besiktas is nowadays, why not experiment a bit 😅

Yea Fulden Ural is good, but Mislina Kilic cares more about botox fillers on her lips and cool insta-pics than volleyball nowadays :lol:

• And btw someone said 'Male legendary players don't even make that much' apparently triggered bcs of this in 2019.

Are u kidding me, men make more literally in every sport/workplace/everything everywhere in this world. Volleyball is maybe the one and only place where women get appreciated more than men and ppl still dare to mention it here with a non-pleases attitude.

I hope when Zhu Ting comes she makes 2-3 million USD or more so these people get triggered even more. :rose:

I agree with you on this. I don't like this 'even male players don't earn that much' as if this is supposed to be the way it is anyway:hit:

• on court -> Italy 4 spots for foreigners

Turkey 3 spots for foreigners on court

Brasil 2 sports for foreigners on court

In Brasil you can hire only 2 foreigners, Turkey you can have 3 foreigners on court plus one in the bench. In italy a dobt know if there is a limitation of foreigners on the bench, seems like they can not hira more than 2 foreigners from the same country.

I just think one question.Is it important for a NT if their leagues hire more Foreigners ?

look at the history of women volleyball. Japan ,Russia,China,Brasil ,USA ,Cuba are strong teams since volleyball entered OG.after 2000,Italy began to rise. for their leagues,Japan ,China,Brasil,Russia only allows 2 F on the court .Turkey for 3,Italy for 4. even Chinese league ever didnt have 1 foreigner.

what they get now is to learn and create good tactics for teams.many good tactics are used in women volleyball are from Japan and China teams.good league can help your NT,but your own players need o have more time playing on the court.sitting on the bench cant build good players and teams.after watching so matches od Turkey NT,i dont know why turkish outspikers cant receive well.good serves from TL cant make them improve?thats why they cant beat top teams steadily.even most time they cant win B team of China NT.Reception is the key for Women volleyball.then you need tactics and powerful attack.

I find turkey has many tall players,and they improve too slow. we can see all top teams players have lots of time on the court.then you can improve. doing reception cant harm erbar,but guidetti need to find a good way to train her.I find Zhu,Zhang and Li all receive balls,and they improve a lot.they are all 190+ players.Erbar really needs lots time to play on the court.then she can know her problems and try to find ways to solve it.Sitting on the bench only keeps your problems stay with you.and you wont improve anything. many young talents in Chinese leagues who dont have position in their home team can be exchanged by clubs to make them have matches to play.especillay Mbs ,setters and ohs.

Are u kidding me, men make more literally in every sport/workplace/everything everywhere in this world. Volleyball is maybe the one and only place (def in sports one of the only) where women get appreciated more than men and ppl still dare to mention it here with a non-pleased attitude.

:lol::lol:

I think you should be a politician. That manupilation is something else :lol: . Nobody is questioning the amount female superstars like Zhu Ting, Boskovic,Egonu are taking. They can have better salaries than male colleagues.

Volleyball is not like basketball. There isn't much difference between men and women volleyball in terms of attraction, impact. If you claim Haak has bigger impact and deserves more than than Zaytsev, Juantorena,Bruno,Ngapeth etc then you're right. But Haak is an unproven ,very young player. She can easily accept much lesser salary and play for Vakifbank. Instead, Vakifbank chose to overpay her despite already having a very young, promising ,award winner(!) OPP. Guidetti even doesn't let Ebrar play as OPP. He forbids competition with Haak. So here is the situation; she is taking superstar money, her natural rival is eliminated by coach. Isn't it logical to expect superstar performances from her? This includes not choking against big teams, for once (!) killing out of system ball , hitting crucial spikes etc

If she is taking 10 times better money than let's say Ebrar ,Zehra then she should give much better performances against big teams.

Ps: I don't believe Haak is alone taking all the money.