Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Zhu has already commited herself to return to VakifBank next season after OG. And remember, she didn't accept the higher offer by Kazan than VakifBank monetary, so money alone won't do the trick with her.

• I am disappointed by Aydin so far. I expected a better play and even some surprises against the top 4. I started to watch the match against Eczacibasi yesterday and after a while, it was so boring and I decided not to waste my time.

Lloyd’s connection with players, especially with middles seems working. I hope she keeps that up.

• Zhu has already commited herself to return to VakifBank next season after OG. And remember, she didn't accept the higher offer by Kazan than VakifBank monetary, so money alone won't do the trick with her.

I don't think Zhu ever wanted to play in Russia.

Money is a great motivator but location, league strength, climate and convenience are all strong arguments for negotiation. Kazan can offer money but a wealthy Turkish and Italian club (especially turkish) could offer all of those conditions.

I remember a rumour about Vasileva having a big salary when she played in Kazan like a million dollar one. Does she deserve that kind of money? I don't know but if Kazan wants Zhu Ting so much then they might have to offer her a blank cheque in order to convince her to play in a country that may not offer the conditions a turkish or an italian club could offer to her besides monetary gain.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Asli 26 points :white:

I wonder if Rasic is Ok?? Otherwise Maja is probably officially the starting setter as she has been starting lately with Haak and Gabi.

Rasic was playing really well.

Rasic playing well?! Even Melis outplayed her lately:what:

• Rasic needs to get out of Vakifbank.. It's almost luxury vacation, she needs new challenges!!

• Rasic playing well?! Even Melis outplayed her lately:what:

Rasic played just four of Vakif's 8 matches in VVSL. In two of them she had been superb and vs Ptt she was solid and vs Fener she played poor. She also played in Super Cup match aginst Ecz solid with 7/17 in attack and 5 block in 5 sets.

In VVSL her statistic is 29/49(59%) in attack, 2 ace service and 8 block in 12 sets.

She probably not on her highest level but said that Melis is outplayed her is a big nonsense.

* I know that statistic is not a most important thing and that is possible to give bad story about performance of some player but for me Rasic play is ok,

not like as she can, not amazing ofc but ok( edit because i must to say that i dont judge just on statistic i watched matches and statistic is just as "proof".

• Rasic playing well?! Even Melis outplayed her lately:what:

vs Aydin - 15 points (56%) ( 5 blocks)

vs PTT - 8 points (31%) (3 blocks)

vs THY 14 points (88%)

vs Fener 2 points (50%)

As u can see she`s done well in the games she`s played.

There`s no reason for Rasic to leave Vakifbank. She`s making a lot of money, while not having to play a lot. While living in a amazing city and not having to travel much at all. She`s not a upcoming player that needs to play in order to develop. Not to mention she already won everything with Vakifbank. Only reason for her to leave Vakifbank would be that she`s "bored" and ready for some new adventure.

• Only reason for her to leave Vakifbank would be that she`s "bored" and ready for some new adventure.

I think high level players like Rasic have reached this level and became these wonderful athletes because they are constantly challenging themselves. If she's not bored, she'll be eventually. Not one single top player is content to be on the bench even if they are making lots of money. I know she will play in Champions League, but I don't know, for me it is not enough...

• For me EczV letting Hande Baladin bench after that Ech performance needs to be criminalized! She is benching for Natalia and KYK in 2019, unbelievable! She was our MVP on almost beating Serbia to become Ech champions and look what EczV does. They deserve to lose every single cup again for this! Meanwhile they are letting the Americans (Carli and Lloyd) stay in Turkey also with a good salary for no reason at all as vacation or something. I always liked EczV and what they stand for, they are historically the biggest volleyball club of Turkey for sure, but this is unacceptable.

They let her only play (with melis durul!) in unimportant matches and will immediately sub her at mistakes :down:

• I think high level players like Rasic have reached this level and became these wonderful athletes because they are constantly challenging themselves. If she's not bored, she'll be eventually. Not one single top player is content to be on the bench even if they are making lots of money. I know she will play in Champions League, but I don't know, for me it is not enough...

I agree with you. But Rasic has been dealing with a few injuries lately. She got injured 2/3 seasons ago in the quaterfinals against Besiktas. She played CL final 4 while still injured. Then she got injured again before the 2017 ECH ( She made the roster, but only played a few points against C.Republic). Last season she was out a few games with another injury.

It is actually a good thing Vakifbank did not need much of her and they can rotate players. But if she was playing anywhere else where they start almost every game with the same roster, well that would have been a problem for her team, and even more for Rasic herself.

SLoetjes went to through the same thing, but Vakifbank and Netherlands needed her, so she did not get enough time to rest and heal, that`s why she`s in a such bad shape right now.

• For me EczV letting Hande Baladin bench after that Ech performance needs to be criminalized! She is benching for Natalia and KYK in 2019, unbelievable! She was our MVP on almost beating Serbia to become Ech champions and look what EczV does. They deserve to lose every single cup again for this! Meanwhile they are letting the Americans (Carli and Lloyd) stay in Turkey also with a good salary for no reason at all as vacation or something. I always liked EczV and what they stand for, they are historically the biggest volleyball club of Turkey for sure, but this is unacceptable.

They let her only play (with melis durul!) in unimportant matches and will immediately sub her at mistakes :down:

I`m pretty sure Gamze, Beyza and Hande won`t get to play any Champions League or Club Championship. :wall:

Are you angry Motta's player selection or the signing policy of the club? I mean I don't think it's fair to complain about Motta whose main job is to win, which he has done in every match so far. I agree it's sad to see a good young player like Hande not getting a chance but if Motta thinks they have a better chance to win games with KYK and Natalia (and I agree with him here) then he should use those 2 because his responsibility is to the club, not the NT.

• Natalia and Kim are better until Hande proves she can be better in NT matches and beats their NTs but then she goes back to being bench player again in club season.

I stand by what I said initially.

Kim + Natalia vs Hande in EczV is simply an unfair battle, they don't get the same chances whatsoever and the first two will end up winning no matter what bcs thats what Eczaci invested in and they know their spots are locked no matter what too.

• Kim + Natalia vs Hande in EczV is simply an unfair battle, they don't get the same chances whatsoever and the first two will end up winning no matter what bcs thats what Eczaci invested in and they know their spots are locked no matter what too.

I’ll agree with you when I see Kim or Natalia playing badly and Hande still not getting a chance but for now they’re doing a good job so I don’t really see why he should change yet. Hande is at least getting to play some of the weaker teams so it’s not like she’s totally forgotten about.

• Asli kalac is having an amazing season so far. I'm not only talking about her latest epic performance (26 points against THY) she has been very consistent at both attack and blocking in almost every match so far. Also she has a very good jump float serve. I think she should be the 3rd MB for sure during OQ

• Asli kalac is having an amazing season so far. I'm not only talking about her latest epic performance (26 points against THY) she has been very consistent at both attack and blocking in almost every match so far. Also she has a very good jump float serve. I think she should be the 3rd MB for sure during OQ

Exactly, and I hope "but she is too short for an MB" argument is no longer valid. Besides her kill blocks, she touched the ball 95 times in block in 8 matches, which is far over other MBs, showing that she actually makes it to block on time.

Fun fact is, GS is teaching her to slide attack this season and she improved a lot in this match. Most of her attacks in first 2 sets were slides. I won't be surprised if Guidetti asked Ataman to teach her that so she can be used as a versatile MB in the NT.