Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• I think Bartsch will only play in CL and in the case Gabi doesn't perform well. I doubt that Ebrar will lose her starting position

I think so too. Gabi has been parcticing with team from the beginning of the season so she would be the first used ones and MBH would be used when Gabi is not doing well.

I think MBH is for CL because Gui felt some walls between their team and imoco. Imoco is so strong so far. With MBH, they would be much more competitive compared to now.

Gabi-MBH-Haak-Maja-Rasic-Zehra lines would be enough to compete with imoco. I think vakif is the only team who can resist against imoco in champions league.

• MBH will be so useful for Vakifbank for a few plans, not just for one. I don’t think she will only play CL, she could be used instead of Gabi when Gabi performs bad. with Kubra back and Rasic’s current disaster performance continue, they might play with Zehra and Kubra and get to play both with MBH and Gabi at the same time. I just wish MBH was playing for Vakif all along this season. She played an average season in Novara last season but got to her beast mode just when they needed. I don’t know how her season was in China, I hope she will fit in quickly. I wonder why she is not announced yet.

Gui doesn’t guarantee starting spots to his players, especially to locals, he wants to push Ebrar just like he did to Gozde. It turned out to be a good method for Gozde but we will see how it will work out for Ebrar.

• MBH will be so useful for Vakifbank for a few plans, not just for one. I don’t think she will only play CL, she could be used instead of Gabi when Gabi performs bad. with Kubra back and Rasic’s current disaster performance continue, they might play with Zehra and Kubra and get to play both with MBH and Gabi at the same time. I just wish MBH was playing for Vakif all along this season. She played an average season in Novara last season but got to her beast mode just when they needed. I don’t know how her season was in China, I hope she will fit in quickly. I wonder why she is not announced yet.

Gui doesn’t guarantee starting spots to his players, especially to locals, he wants to push Ebrar just like he did to Gozde. It turned out to be a good method for Gozde but we will see how it will work out for Ebrar.

MHB did not play much in CVL . I did not follow much Beijing team matches; MHB did not even play in the semi finals against Tianjin. Her performance was so-so.

• MHB did not play much in CVL . I did not follow much Beijing team matches; MHB did not even play in the semi finals against Tianjin. Her performance was so-so.

She didn't play that game because she was ill...

I used to think that Barsch was a pretty average player, but after that display against Conegliano in the CL final, wow.. I'm sold

And so what you will put Maja or Haak on the bench to have Bartsch-Gabi duo :what: when Ebrar is doing just fine. Even more than fine.

• She didn't play that game because she was ill...

I used to think that Barsch was a pretty average player, but after that display against Conegliano in the CL final, wow.. I'm sold

MBH will be so useful for Vakifbank for a few plans, not just for one. I don’t think she will only play CL, she could be used instead of Gabi when Gabi performs bad. with Kubra back and Rasic’s current disaster performance continue, they might play with Zehra and Kubra and get to play both with MBH and Gabi at the same time. I just wish MBH was playing for Vakif all along this season. She played an average season in Novara last season but got to her beast mode just when they needed. I don’t know how her season was in China, I hope she will fit in quickly. I wonder why she is not announced yet.

She played well against Conegliano in CL final, but where was she in the 3 games during Serie A FInals? Or during the 99 games they played? Part of the reason Egonu was getting a million balls was because Bartsh,Picinni and Plak were not helping her at all.. Egonu could certainly had used some help, but instead Egonu had to play alone all season long.....just because you played 1 good match it does not mean you had a good season.

I don`t think she was sick, she simply got benched because she never plays well under pressure and had been performing poorly already, They went with Rachel Rourke instead.

When she played for Busto, her performance in the playoffs was really bad too.

How about performance in the World Championship and World Cup?.... She was a no show.

• Bartsch had great game against Vakifbank, especially in first match in last years CL.

• I didn’t say she had a good season, I said she had an average season. I don’t think their goal was the league, it was CL.

• She didn't play that game because she was ill...

During CVL quarters, LYY was sick running a fever (ZT was nursing her injury), she played the entire match. Beijing was in the process of eliminated, MHB maybe could play a few minutes and see if she could help her team. This showed the commitment and work ethics of the player.

• Playing with injury or sickness are more about foul ethics of coaching staff than work ethics of players.. It shouldn't be allowed, it shouldn't be considered normal, or worthy of praise...

• Playing with injury or sickness are more about foul ethics of coaching staff than work ethics of players.. It shouldn't be allowed, it shouldn't be considered normal, or worthy of praise...

Sick is one thing. Injured is a different thing. Players will play while sick very often... This includes every sport.

Boskovic played while sick against Conegliano in CL.

But I agree that playing while injured is not good. Rasic played CL final with a cast on her calf. Thaiza played while she should be having surgery. In this case we should be questioning Vakifbank and Bites ethics.

• Boskovic played while sick and did u notice how she looked like? She looked so pale. It was no simple colds. If i were a player who is sick, i would not play. Why risk having a major injury on top of being sick?

• Boskovic played while sick and did u notice how she looked like? She looked so pale. It was no simple colds. If i were a player who is sick, i would not play. Why risk having a major injury on top of being sick?

Boskovic knew that her team did not have any chance to win if she did not play just like LYY did. Their respective teams needed them. They did not want to let their teammates down (disappoint) and their commitment (win / victory) to their clubs/teams.

• Boskovic knew that her team did not have any chance to win if she did not play just like LYY did. Their respective teams needed them. They did not want to let their teammates down (disappoint) and their commitment (win / victory) to their clubs/teams.

Same for Zhu at the 17-18 CL when she injured her ankle against Imoco in the semis. Vakif's coaching staff shouldn't have let her continue, but she still played her heart out while limping. I remember there was a point during the match Rasic went up to her to see if she's ok. :rose:

• Please do not admire players playing matches while they are injuried. This is an absurd no matter what the situtation is.

• not VB, but the craziest instance of an injured athlete competing was the japanese gymnast that broke his ankle and still went out to do his routine ending on a hard landing on that broken ankle (and clinching gold medal for JPN in team event)... it happened in the 70's, i think.

• As a kid I remembered that I admired athletes that would persevere through injury/illness in order to win. They showed strength and resilience, but now as an adult I realized how crazy and foolish it was that they would put their bodies on the line and risk further injury or even something more worse. It's a bad example to our younger generation.

Athletes need to know their limits and coaches need to respect them not just as an athlete, but as an individual who's health is more important beyond sports.