Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Link for VakifBank - Eczacibasi Vitra

Youth level finale.

1-0 for VB.

Derya Çebecioglu is playing for VB and Merve Atlier for Ecz f.e.

• I really like performances of some VakifBank players esp. here

Like 16 year old MB Ilayda Uçak and 18 y/o MB Buse Kara and also setter Eda Kafkas, 16 y/o

Derya Çebecioglu is here on another level, lets hope a season as starter in Turkish league will do her good with Yeşilyurt!

• Like in Vestel Venus Sultan league: at the end VakifBank wins :) .

• Beşiktaş male volleyball team will be closed by decision of their management from next year on. They are on a budget and want to focus more women's volleyball and their other branches.

I guess deleting the whole men's team will have positive effects on the VVSL team...

• btw VakifBank says "1 year break" with Zhu Ting specifically, it seems Zhu will be back in VB pretty sure for the season after. They probably have an unofficial agreement already. Now imagine Zhu + Maja :gone::heart:

• Beşiktaş male volleyball team will be closed by decision of their management from next year on. They are on a budget and want to focus more women's volleyball and their other branches.

I guess deleting the whole men's team will have positive effects on the VVSL team...

It already happened few years ago and the women's volleyball hed zero positive effects.

• In Maja's last interview she said she is saying goodbye to volleyball after Tokyo, because she has some secret plans (probably the baby), most likely Maja-Zhu won't happen X/

Awww :(( but ofc it would be an iconic way to retire and she deserves to be a mother now <3

• Maja and Zhu together will be insane. I just hope Zhu won't be holding any grudges towards Maja after loosing for Serbia the final in Tokyo lol.

Haha, good one.

I wonder if Maja has a grudge against the facial Zhu delivered last OG (if memory serves, it was Maja, right? Broke one of her fingers and then hit her in the face) Beasting

• Nilüfer Bursa announced they will transfer 2 more foreign players and 1 more local player soon.

BJK has a very good base but also still have to transfer foreigners. They will announce their foreigners soon also.

The only team that is silent so far is Beylikdüzü which is very odd, they haven't even transferred any foreigners almost...? They will play CEV next season so I don't get this.

Aside from that, finally good decisions from the managers for once and this looks like a strong season after 2 yrs. I think some teams wait for Ech to transfer some new players.

• My current most fun teams list:

1. Yeşilyurt

2. Aydın

3. Fenerbahçe

4. PTT

5. THY

6. Galatasaray

7. Karayollari

8. VakifBank

9. Nilüfer Bursa

10. Eczacıbaşı

11. Beşiktaş

12. Beylikdüzü

Current ranking prediction:

1. Fenerbahçe

2. VakifBank

3. THY

4. Aydın

5. Eczacıbaşı

6. PTT

7. Galatasaray

8. Yeşilyurt

9. Nilüfer

10. Beşiktaş

11. Karayolları

12. Beylildüzü

I will edit this based on final squads.

• Eczacibasi 5th? :huh: I know some teams have strengthened but I’ll be quite surprised if they finish that low. I think it will be a struggle for Aydin or THY to force even Galatasaray out of the top 4 to be honest. But I’d like you to be right, the league could use a bit more unpredictability.

• Eczacibasi 5th? :huh: I know some teams have strengthened but I’ll be quite surprised if they finish that low. I think it will be a struggle for Aydin or THY to force even Galatasaray out of the top 4 to be honest. But I’d like you to be right, the league could use a bit more unpredictability.

All these teams actually have super smart and fitting transfers for the first time. Eczacıbaşı this season literally has one of the worst MB duos of the league :rolll: which was one of their main problems, their other problem in setting they tried fixing by pulling a big name which has had 2 horrible seasons and a bad NT season... Natalia, I dont want to say it, but is quite injury prone and can't always play 100%. Besides not all of these girls can be on court together.

It's time for Eczacibasi to get punished. Meanwhile just to give an example, THY transferred the best offensive MB of the league, but:drink: she has blocking weaknesses so they transferred the forgotten Özgenur which was silently a killer blocker last season :obey: that is good management.

I think Galatasaray doesn't look stronger than Aydin, PTT, THY and maybe even not BJK if they transfer good foreigners.

But I am rooting for Derya Cebecioglu show= Yesilyurt :love:

• Where Cebecioglu is going to play? I like her in a lot of ways :rose:.

Yess, Yeşilyurt! The dark horse team of the season imo :super: she will play with Tugba Şenoglu, Ayça Aykaç and setter Buket all VakifBank. Also Dutch MB, Koolhaas will be there and USA Opp; Sareea Freeman.

I love their team.

• Turkey league is too complicated for me :rolll: