Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Cansu is really playing nice, She changed her team a lot. This Girls are much more for fast system than for Maja slow and high sets...

• Cansu is really playing nice, She changed her team a lot. This Girls are much more for fast system than for Maja slow and high sets...

This is true. But remember that when Maja was on, Ebrar was playing instead of Gabi so reception was terrible and a fast system was impossible.

• Eczacibasi was one point behind when Motta sent Lloyd on court: they ended the set losing by 5 points. :gone:

I think that was a panic signing by Eczacibasi. They wanted a foreign setter so they just got in any they could find based on reputation, not current level.

• Well deserved win for Eczacibasi!

The quality today wasn't always the highest but that's to be expected for the first match of the season and it ended up being quite a thrilling match. Vakifbank will have to get used to not having a player like Zhu to rescue them when things get tough, Eczacibasi had Boskovic to do exactly that and that was the difference today.

I hope and expect to see a good fight between these 2 and Fenerbahce as the season goes on.

• It is refreshing not be able to take for granted that Vakifbank will win the title. This season promises to be one of the best of these recent years

• Deserved win for Eczaci! MVP Tijana Boskovic.

Ergül: "Herşey çok güzel olacak"

Guuurrrrlll ahahaha :lol::cup:

critique on Haak today was a bit too much: Haak said in a prematch interview: "Playing here in Istanbul, for VakifBank was my ultimate goal and dream for my carreer, it feels still surreal to be here."

We all would be nervous af first game accomplishing our dream and she is so young still! She still ended the game pretty well overall after the 2 sets.

• Again today only loser was Turkish volleyball

Ebrar and Hande should simply move to another club, it's their faults. You can't blame top clubs for benching them at times. Imo at least, I want to see Ebrar in another team for sure next season, same for Hande. In teams like VB and EczV only the very best at that exact moment can play starter

• Ebrar and Hande should simply move to another club, it's their faults. You can't blame top clubs for benching them at times. Imo at least, I want to see Ebrar in another team for sure next season, same for Hande. In teams like VB and EczV only the very best at that exact moment can play starter

I can't speak for Hande but for Ebrar;

There is a rule in Turkey for local young volleyball players. They are modern slaves for their club teams till 22/23 yo. They can't leave if the club doesn't let.

In the past, Eczacibasi let Naz leave for Fener. Otherwise Fener couldn't transfer her.

Captain, Eda Erdem, mentioned on her last interview in Socrates magazinne that Federation should change this rule.

Ebrar wants to play as opposite and not happy for playing as receiver. If Vakif lets her leave, she would leave. This situation is really suck for her.

• Natali and Kim are better than Hande , I can't say anything about that situation .

BUT (!) Ebrar has as much as OPP potential as Haak ,I believe in the end she will be even better. No way Haak is already better player. Haak is definitely not Egonu,Boskovic etc. The way she was considered as reserve OH or third OPP option is scandalous.

If they don't give her chance when Haak was playing with 11% ( ended with 25%) , when will ?

• Natali and Kim are better than Hande , I can't say anything about that situation .

BUT (!) Ebrar has as much as OPP potential as Haak ,I believe in the end she will be even better. No way Haak is already better player. Haak is definitely not Egonu,Boskovic etc. The way she was considered as reserve OH or third OPP option is scandalous.

If they don't give her chance when Haak was playing with 11% ( ended with 25%) , when will ?

They signed 3years with Haak, She will not be benched lol.