Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Since we are already debating petty topics, can someone tell me why KYK, for whom this is only a 2nd year at Vitra, is made a captain, and not Boskovic for whom this is her 5th year at the club, and who is now the longest-tenured player in this squad? Does that mean she can expect to never be made a captain (at least while Motta is coach), regardless of anything?

You are right that she is the oldest one based on the years she has been in the club but she is still very young, I can imagine motta wanted to give the title someone older for team dynamics. And let's be honest, Kim is a great captain 😍

• Since we are already debating petty topics, can someone tell me why KYK, for whom this is only a 2nd year at Vitra, is made a captain, and not Boskovic for whom this is her 5th year at the club, and who is now the longest-tenured player in this squad? Does that mean she can expect to never be made a captain (at least while Motta is coach), regardless of anything?

I think being captain is about more than just a long tenure. For example, Neslihan was captain of Galatasary in her 1 season there because she was an experienced player and a leader. KYK is obviously more experienced than Boskovic and maybe Motta just thinks that she’s more ready for the role of captain than Boskovic who is still quite young for such a position.

• 3 matches played for the new season in Turkey and so far all 3 have been tiebreaks :drink:

Sadly I can't watch the match but I'll be here for Vakif - Aydin

• So it's FB 3-2 THY (25-18, 25-15, 22-25,18-25, 15-9)

Aelbrecht seems to have had a bad match, if she underperforms continuously I would play with Özgenur and Ceylan Arisan and Madison Kingdon-Buijs, Havlickova all on court.

FB seems like it had the Mihajlovic factor :D

• Beylikdüzü should have given their place to Sariyer :wall:At least have that much decency, even Bursa BBSK did that much at the time.

They have a 2nd division mid table kinda squad without foreigners. Literally they would not even be top 8 in 2nd division :aww: how shameful.

• I think being captain is about more than just a long tenure. For example, Neslihan was captain of Galatasary in her 1 season there because she was an experienced player and a leader. KYK is obviously more experienced than Boskovic and maybe Motta just thinks that she’s more ready for the role of captain than Boskovic who is still quite young for such a position.

Yeah.. Jen Tamas has been USA's captain for some years, and there was Logan who was playing for the NT for more than 10 years

• So it's FB 3-2 THY (25-18, 25-15, 22-25,18-25, 15-9)

Aelbrecht seems to have had a bad match, if she underperforms continuously I would play with Özgenur and Ceylan Arisan and Madison Kingdon-Buijs, Havlickova all on court.

FB seems like it had the Mihajlovic factor :D

Aelbrecht has to play, Ceylan is so bad. She can't do single thing:aww:

• Aelbrecht has to play, Ceylan is so bad. She can't do single thing:aww:

I agree unless Aelbrecht continuously would contribute around what or less than Özgenur does. In this case it's not about what Ceylan can't do but about what Madi can do.

FB is a good defending team though against MBs with players like Fatma, Aylin and even Eda at times defending so I won't be too harsh. Aelbrecht-Özgenur duo sound great/good and should work throughout the season. Maybe more with some time.

• Meanwhile while we're hating Haak for using her last name: PTT is letting Gergana Dimitrova use "Gerzi" on her shirt :rolll::*

Those things are not that deep guys :D

• What happened to Melisa Memiş and seray Altay from Beylikdüzü?