Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• I don't like it neither but who is the 3rd and 4th OH in Vakıfbank, assuming all Haak, gözde and ebrar as opp:teach:

Ebrar Karakurt still needs to learn for attack, defense and block in OPP position. Changing position of a very young player frequently can destroy her career. For me this is the case now.

I wish they let her to go Yeşilyurt . She could play instead of Elif Boran.

• VakifBank 3-1 Aydin BB

Haak was on another level with 30 pts (66%) and Gabi and Ebrar contributed alot also as well as Rasic. VakifBank just as always have this perfect system so I will put them as one of the favorites to win any cup in Turkey or Europe again even without Zhu.

Bihter Dumanoglu libero started bad but played better later on. Aydin's MBs were not blocking well, Sobolska can do better than this. I liked Balkestein and Meryem Boz had a good game as well. Plak was clumsy on reception but she didn't contribute well enough in offense either. She should at least kill more balls.

But this is still day 1 for all teams so no big worries. Many players did let it know that they are still tired from NT season.

• But is she 'camp'?

Lol, you are right she seems more like a Mimi-kinda person🤣

Is Gabi really 180? She looks like as tall as gizem örge while they're next to each other🤔

• about shirt names: “zhu” is so short, they should have her shirt say “zhu ting”. same with ding xia. i think the chinese say both names when they are short, i remember someone said that about tennis player li na and actress gong li.

Most (many?) Chinese given names are two syllables. So if the given name is only one, they get anxious and double it up with the family name for comfort ;)

• Ebrar Karakurt still needs to learn for attack, defense and block in OPP position. Changing position of a very young player frequently can destroy her career. For me this is the case now.

I wish they let her to go Yeşilyurt . She could play instead of Elif Boran.

Is there any young talented OPP that turned/forced to be OH and succeed? This is not a shame, just a real honest question! Is there? Or was any?

• Last match of first week is today: Nilüfer vs Galatasaray.

I think nilüfer, besiktas, karayolları and beylikduzu will be the last 4 teams in the league .

I think Beylikduzu will likely to go 2nd division,its kinda obvious. But which team will join them? IMO Nilufer and besiktas have better chances to stay in VVSL.

• so very excited to see Gabi & Natalia playing on the same league after a perfect season in Minas. hopefully their clubs won’t screw them like what happened to Sheilla before the Olympics.

anyhow, is Larson no longer with Vitra? where is she playing now?

Shanghai, together with Louisa Lippmann.

• Is there any young talented OPP that turned/forced to be OH and succeed? This is not a shame, just a real honest question! Is there? Or was any?

Jaqueline's first appearances in the senior NT she played as OPP mainly as a double sub. I believe this was in 2001 ou 2002 at the Montreux. She was really Strong in that position but then she had several injuries and when she got back she started to play only as OH.