Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• She's about the same age as Haak. If she doesn't beat her for a spot in the starting line-up, how on earth is she supposed to be a world class player anytime soon? It's not like she has Egonu or Boskovic in front of her...

You called Lippmann a world-clas player, and I agree and love her however in that case Ebrar is definitely already a world-class player to be entirely honest and she is!

I don't even know what people are arguing about, VakifBank has a highly competitive bench, many world-class players can't start and that's partly bcs of the 3 foreigners rule but then it's still competitive. VB is arguably even more competitive than the top NTs and Ebrar so far actually HAS BEEN a starter for VB but Gio used her as OH which is perfectly understandable when I look at Haak's abilities and Ebrar is not half as hopeless on reception as some people want it to seem here, definitely better than Plak, Stysiak. People think she must play Opp literally only because she is tall lmao

Imho Ebrar OH, Hande Opp >>>>>>>>>>>>x1000x1000 better than Hande OH, Ebrar Opp

• You are right about that Ebrar should fight for the starting slot over Haak

they are literally both starters so far, fight for what lmao.

Then there is this fabricated story Ebrar is forced to play as OH which I have no clue where that came from but it is not the first time she played OH and she never mentioned she disliked it lol. I'm happy she is a starter, I don't think we could have asked for more. Opps moving to OH has been succesfull many times also even if they move back to Opp position helped a lot for their defensive skills. Ebrar is so young still... Didn't Egonu literally play at OH too at times... :whistle:

• I was one of the biggest Mari fans but apart from golden years 2007-2009, I don't think it was a success. Reception was always very problematic.

Also Mari was a great attacker at position 4. Ebrar is like Zaytsev, she can't attack as an outside hitter.

2008 was the year of Mari's. She won the MVP at WGP and has her name written all over the gold medal in Beijing. As a die hard Mari fan, it is really hard to watch her career after that.

• You called Lippmann a world-clas player, and I agree and love her however in that case Ebrar is definitely already a world-class player to be entirely honest and she is!

What would have happened if Lippman played for Scandicci last season?? She should have benched all season long for Haak. She would not have improved, she would not have a great summer with the NT and she would not be playing for Shanghai. This season she would be just benching for some bigger name player in some mid-level team again.

But Lippmann went to a mid level team and she was able to play full time, improved her game....and look where she is now...She`s only getting better and better.

I bet if Mathias was Haak`s manager, he would have told her back then to sign with Novara and bench for Egonu as competing against her would level up her game and if she can`t start against Egonu, why even bother??? But Haak made the foolish decision to sign with Scandicci and be a full time starter. :lol::heart: ( I`m just being sarcastic <3).

Anyways....it is all Gui`s fault. He`s the one putting his own players in this situation. Remember when he signed with Turkey NT he said he would never invite bench players to the NT...... oh welll :love:

• Even with cheering for Vitra, I have to say that seeing a set with 25:5 score (especially since none of the Big 3 played!) was ugly...hope that won't happen too often.

• I bet if Mathias was Haak`s manager, he would have told her back then to sign with Novara and bench for Egonu as competing against her would level up her game and if she can`t start against Egonu, why even bother??? But Haak made the foolish decision to sign with Scandicci and be a full time starter. :lol::heart: ( I`m just being sarcastic <3).

I think this argument reinforces what Matthias said, but from Egonu's point of view. If in this hypothetical situation, Egonu had been benched by Haak, Egonu would not be good enough to be starter

I understand his point of view. The team hired a foreigner with age and similar capacities, if Ebrar "feels the pressure" and not show in the training that she is able to overcome Haak, Ebrar should be bench. I didn't see anything wrong with that argument tbh.

Both are playing as starter, this shows that they are demonstrating to be able to achieve their respective potentials and Gio believes in them.

• I think that giving Haak 1 million per year for 3 years (a sum she has not deserved yet) is a sign of those in charge at Vakifbank drinking their own Kool-aid, and that they bought their own spin as a team where all players make a big step forward and where all players perform above their potential. It's a sign that they are certain (not just think, or hope, but certain) that Haak will transform into a world-beater (Zhu, Boskovic, Egonu, prime Kim), at least partly BECAUSE she plays for them.

• they are literally both starters so far, fight for what lmao.

Then there is this fabricated story Ebrar is forced to play as OH which I have no clue where that came from but it is not the first time she played OH and she never mentioned she disliked it lol. I'm happy she is a starter, I don't think we could have asked for more. Opps moving to OH has been succesfull many times also even if they move back to Opp position helped a lot for their defensive skills. Ebrar is so young still... Didn't Egonu literally play at OH too at times... :whistle:

I don’t think they should both start though. IMO the best OH duo would be Gabi-Meliha that would provide good reception and would let Cansu/Maja play a quick game and use the MBs more often which I think they need to do now because even though Haak and Ebrar are good, it’s clearly a step down from Zhu and Sloetjes. I see no problem with Ebrar playing a few matches as an OH though, there’s no reason not to give her the chance to develop those skills.

• they are literally both starters so far, fight for what lmao.

Playing as oh doesn't necessarily improve her defensive skills since oh and opp defense is totally different. They are both playing as starter right now so that guidetti won't have to deal with his words about "no bench players in NT". However he is wasting Ebrar's precious time to develop as a top class opp. She has the potential as much as Haak, if not more. but she might end up with another Hande Baladin case because of Guidetti's stubbornness:down:

they are literally both starters so far, fight for what lmao.

• Hande Baladin is not a bad or lost player, she played a lot in last Ech and Turkey outplayed everyone aside from Serbia by small margins. I do wish she didn't move to EczV this season... The season in Galatasaray did her really good.

• I know it's a rhetorical question, but it's because if we were to stop comparing players, that would literally halve the amount of conversation and possible topics, and this site has a problem with low traffic anyway, so...

• Why do you guys compare players all the time? Aren’t you guys tired of it already? There is no end point. Same things been said over and over again million times.

Well you whine same way over and over again🤣 so nothing new there neither

• Haak is not Egonu or Boskovic, but she's very very close to them. Even Tandara, Sloetjes or Goncha would have to fight really hard to start over Haak...and Haak would probably still start over them.

Let's not delude ourselves here. Tandara, Sloetjes, and Goncharova are a level above Haak. Was there even a rumor here that Vakifbank originally wanted to sign Maja + Goncha but of course Goncha declined. And do you really think Haak was Guidetti's first choice even if let's say Goncha was really out of the picture? :whistle:

• you bet. She sent francynne from dentil praia to her or bed after setting a very high middle ball. Good thing karch did nit include her to their roster.

Lloyd is not at fault for Fran getting injured. Can you not, please?