Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Let's not delude ourselves here. Tandara, Sloetjes, and Goncharova are a level above Haak. Was there even a rumor here that Vakifbank originally wanted to sign Maja + Goncha but of course Goncha declined. And do you really think Haak was Guidetti's first choice even if let's say Goncha was really out of the picture? :whistle:

I don't think Vakif wanted Goncha but Fenerbahçe have in the past. At least there was no official word about Vakif offering her a bid. VakifBank wanted a young foreign Opp after Sloëtjes, which was probably about Haak vs Vargas, someone to sign for 3+ years. Vargas was also already taken.

Haak and Vargas are underrated here because they don't play for good NTs tbh.

• Let's not delude ourselves here. Tandara, Sloetjes, and Goncharova are a level above Haak. Was there even a rumor here that Vakifbank originally wanted to sign Maja + Goncha but of course Goncha declined. And do you really think Haak was Guidetti's first choice even if let's say Goncha was really out of the picture? :whistle:

Her situation is diffirent. Vakifbank offered her 1,5 times more money AFAIK.

But except Russia, she said that she would only want to play in Italy.

• I don't think Vakif wanted Goncha but Fenerbahçe have in the past. At least there was no official word about Vakif offering her a bid. VakifBank wanted a young foreign Opp after Sloëtjes, which was probably about Haak vs Vargas, someone to sign for 3+ years. Vargas was also already taken.

Haak and Vargas are underrated here because they don't play for good NTs tbh.

Vargas had so so season last season, some wow efect and really bad moments. She is for the reason underrated...For now.

One of the rare occasions that I agree with Pope. I also think that Haak is on the same level of Goncha and Tandara if not higher. Indeed, to me, Egonu and Boskoviç are on a different level and then Haak-Vargas comes, and slightly below them Goncha, Tandara and Sloetjes

• Gabi is doing a great job in receiving and defending. Her attacking seems to be quite off. Maybe she needs to play that fast tempo like Macris let her play in Minas.

She started to train with them literally last week, her game will step up with time .. Even Maja is not 100% yet

• it's too bad haak didn't want to represent FRA, she could be going to the olympics in 2024...

French team has some decent players like fidon, cazaute, Bauer and having a dominant opp like Haak could have put them one of the mid level teams. Haak is being wasted in her NT, which I doubt that she will continue to play in long run

• With Cansu She will be perfectly good but not so much with Maja.

Cansu rise up the level of the game with Vakif when She came it. Both Haak and Gabi are for faster system and We can say same thing with Meliha.

• French team has some decent players like fidon, cazaute, Bauer and having a dominant opp like Haak could have put them one of the mid level teams. Haak is being wasted in her NT, which I doubt that she will continue to play in long run

I really don't know what Swedish Volleyball Federation thinking when they say they are aiming for 2024 or 2028. I was hopeful with the new head of federation since he comes from a strong volleyball background but without a good coach and financial support on local clubs, the sport will not develop, but will remain amateur. Collecting all promising youngsters to two volleyball schools does not seem like a good way of improving the sport either, the history shows. They should instead help clubs to keep their promising players like Isabelle did in Engelholm for 2 years and help them on investing better coaches.

• With Cansu She will be perfectly good but not so much with Maja.

Cansu rise up the level of the game with Vakif when She came it. Both Haak and Gabi are for faster system and We can say same thing with Meliha.

OMG crovolley, are you still on about this?! Do you really think Maja Ognjenovic, who many on here consider the best setter in the world, is incapable of setting some faster balls to players who prefer that style? Meliha played with Ognjenovic 2 seasons ago and she attacked quite well because of course Maja wasn’t giving her the same balls she gives Boskovic. The same can be seen even with “2nd libero” type players like Blagojevic and Marcon who Maja has played with. Obviously Gabi is a far better attacker than those players so I’m actually excited to see these 2 play with each other.

You prefer Wolosz, OK that’s fine but it doesn’t mean you have to insist Maja can’t play fast at every chance you get.

• OMG crovolley, are you still on about this?! Do you really think Maja Ognjenovic, who many on here consider the best setter in the world, is incapable of setting some faster balls to players who prefer that style? Meliha played with Ognjenovic 2 seasons ago and she attacked quite well because of course Maja wasn’t giving her the same balls she gives Boskovic. The same can be seen even with “2nd libero” type players like Blagojevic and Marcon who Maja has played with. Obviously Gabi is a far better attacker than those players so I’m actually excited to see these 2 play with each other.

You prefer Wolosz, OK that’s fine but it doesn’t mean you have to insist Maja can’t play fast at every chance you get.

Normally, your efforts to educate someone who clearly doesn't know the game of volleyball very well would be laudable, but surely you are aware that crovolley is a lost cause?

• Normally, your efforts to educate someone who clearly doesn't know the game of volleyball very well would be laudable, but surely you are aware that crovolley is a lost cause?

:D

You’re right, I should really know better by now.

• Maja can’t set fast might be the biggest jock I heard today

Maja is quite old. One cannot expect she will be the same. As one ages, one slows down🙂. Maybe in professional leagues, players do not try as hard as when they are in national teams perhaps they try to save themselves and be ready for their national teams. Besides, in clubs no matter what, their paychecks are secured as stated in their contracts.

• I can't believe Gabi's attacking is already being called "off" :dance6::dance6::dance6::dance6::dance6: she literally arrived in Turkey one week ago and played a total of 5 sets with her new setter and new team :rolll::rolll::rolll: