Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• I really don't know what Swedish Volleyball Federation thinking when they say they are aiming for 2024 or 2028. I was hopeful with the new head of federation since he comes from a strong volleyball background but without a good coach and financial support on local clubs, the sport will not develop, but will remain amateur. Collecting all promising youngsters to two volleyball schools does not seem like a good way of improving the sport either, the history shows. They should instead help clubs to keep their promising players like Isabelle did in Engelholm for 2 years and help them on investing better coaches.

Sweden has some promising players like Hanna Hellvig who plays for Hawaii.

There are many young tall players. I see mist of the ends their carrers at age 22-24.That's sad. I read the federation made some deal to broadcast two games per week of swedish league online. That's first good sign. Starting from 2021 they want broadcast each game.

• Yesilyurt is a fun team to watch! The youngsters doing a nice job and they gain many experience in this way! On the other hand THY seems a bit messy and didn't figure out their best line-up yet.

First set goes to Yesilyurt!

• sitenoise AGY is slaying again so far!

not on live365 and trtsport won't stream :(

• got it on canli tv

• Freya is here :)

• Koolhaas with a couple smackdowns. This is odd at first watching these mixed bag team concoctions. Derya still #17

• I find it funny to see that such a young talented team has 2 older and clumsy middle blockers:lol: But they do a good job, especially Koolhaas who seems to have a good connection with Buket.

• So consistent , the cool chicks always roll up their sleeves :) even when they don't have sleeves. #17

Altinli what's the new name of this Yeşilyurt team? can you add it to volleybox or tell me so I can.

And Tuğba Şenoğlu is the one pope often uses as an example of bench detention, right?

• I find it funny to see that such a young talented team has 2 older and clumsy middle blockers:lol: But they do a good job, especially Koolhaas who seems to have a good connection with Buket.

I didn't know Koolhaas was old, but she and the setter are well oiled. nice rhythm

• I didn't know Koolhaas was old, but she and the setter are well oiled. nice rhythm

She is 29, so not that old. But compared to the rest of the team she is old:D

• It's nice that so many cute young Turkish players ended up on one team :)

Edit: I discover that lefty OP is Romanian. Still good

• Tugba and Derya is a great pairing. Such different energies. No verdict on which one is a better player, yet, or might crack the NT first. I think it might be Tugba--she seems more alert on defense, for one thing-- but Derya calls so much more attention to herself than Tugba. On good and bad plays. She might get there through sheer force of will.:super:

And Koolhaas is perfect. Like a sweet Scandinavian mom who isn't Scandinavian. This is a dream team. I hope they win everything :rose:

Edit: And Goggles. say no more

• That Romanian lefty is 16 years old :!:

• Yesilyurt again going to play a tie break!:box:

Koolhaas indeed looks like a mom to the team:lol:

• Koolhaas only showed up for me in the last year or so. That's why I thought she was a college kid trying to break in.

21 or 29 -- some folks can pull that off, especially red heads.

The Green Mountain Queens are running away with the Tie Break