Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Haak vs Vargas rivalry is real and iconic imho.

2 super talented young stars, you can tell each time they meet they get excited and a bit nervous.

They already are unbeatable in the errors departement. Both very similar in style.

• Current Sloetjes isn't exactly looking great either. :whistle:

We shouldn't compare them... Sloëtjes indeed is playing bad lately, but she is 28 and her body isn't helping her. She had a lot of injuries and it seems she is paying the price now. Haak on the other hand is 20 and is very explosive. Sloëtjes overall showed great things in Vakifbank. Haak has to prove she is capable of doing the same thing on this high level. But it's too early to write both of them down already.

• some years ago. Turkish teams were clear favorites in Europe. Italian teams are a little favourites now IMO. Balanced teams ( Bench include).

Conegliano is the best team in my opinion.

Fenerbahce has a really good first team.

• I agree generally but today Meliha was really bad so it made sense to use Ebrar as OH. Clearly the plan is to use her there all the time and use Gozde Yilmaz as the backup OPP which I think is stupid.

• Praia Clube can be a real challenge to european teams in the WWCC

• I agree generally but today Meliha was really bad so it made sense to use Ebrar as OH. Clearly the plan is to use her there all the time and use Gozde Yilmaz as the backup OPP which I think is stupid.

VB shoudnt borrow the young turkish who played in besiktas some years ago.

Haak should be the one coming from the bench as OH or Opp and given space to Ebrar/ Ylmaz on the opp position.

• some years ago. Turkish teams were clear favorites in Europe. Italian teams are a little favourites now IMO. Balanced teams ( Bench include).

they have a very good bench imo too with Fatma and Babat especially and Ceren proved to be stable too when Vargas was injured as well as their 2nd libero is decent too.

I'd say overall Conegliano looks to be the favorite so far. But imo Vakif and Ecz are much better than Scandicci and Novara

• GS made a good police transfer this season.

• Doubt it. Remember when last year everyone thought they were gonna replace Gala after a good start, then :rolll:

:rolll: but in their defense this team is completely different and also with that they have a better team imo. Ezgi Dilik as setter is also a really good choice.

Last season they really flopped badly though XD they were leading the league after like 3-4 weeks I think and then almost degradation :lol:

• they have a very good bench imo too with Fatma and Babat especially and Ceren proved to be stable too when Vargas was injured as well as their 2nd libero is decent too.

I'd say overall Conegliano looks to be the favorite so far. But imo Vakif and Ecz are much better than Scandicci and Novara

Babat its injured. She was good on block department. Who knows how she will come back. Fatma its a good player.

Scandici has the better team overall after Conegliano. But Scandici are not doing great in the beginning of the season.

I'm rooting for ECZ this season. They can beat anyone for sure. But they have a lot of issues and a Bench with no defensive OH.

• Praia Clube can be a real challenge to european teams in the WWCC

I'm really curious who is going to receive for Praia?:lol: Suelen is a great defensive libero, but a real bad receiver. Fe Garay who's starting spot seems clear, isn't the best receiver either. The other outside hitter could be Brayelin, but her reception is really poor and she already played as an opposite in national team. That leaves Michelle as the other outside hitter, because she is a good receiver. But she would be a weakness in attack.

• Omg Beyza cut her hair too, Im shooketh

Vasilantonaki posted some stories on instagram and i couldnt understand who is the girl with the short hair 😆 when i saw her i thought she was Belien but Belien is playing in Galatasaray.

It's too soon to judge Fener and Vakif because they have different rosters than last year and are still in a building phase, same as Novara and Scandicci. Yet i think Turkish teams have more potential in their rosters than Italian ones. Conegliano is for sure a favourite rn, and Ecz's flop history + bad Mbs keeps them away from being the most promising team.

• i think that Martinez has been improving a lot in all departments.

Michelle can be used to improve the defensive skills time to time.

Garay as an all around OH and Suellen can surprise us. Martinez its not Like a bad receiver IMO. She isnt that good. In fact, VB shound have hired her o Bethania De La Cruz.

• Praia has a really decent team this Season.