Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Tugba and Ayca flopped :lol:

Yeah

• Goggles with a couple kills :) What she may lack in blocking or attack skills she makes up for with court coolness. She has this mini air guitar hand signal that cracks me up :rolll:

• A little trash talking there from Derya. The other team didn't like it

• Goggles with a couple kills :) What she may lack in blocking or attack skills she makes up for with court coolness. She has this mini air guitar hand signal that cracks me up :rolll:

I cracked up when the announcer just said there at 11-11

"That's a very high tip from Gözde Dal"

:rolll:Idk tbh gotta love her..

• I can see why most people here aren't as interested in this match as, say, FB v Vakifbank LOL. It's not the same level of volleyball, but I like it

• uh oh, AGY went sleepy and are going to face a Tie Break

• Was there a recent holiday in Turkey that everyone is still a little hungover from :lol:

Matches at this level reveal unpolished skills that result in errors/lost points. The Big Gun Girl Teams make a different set of mistakes.

Altinli, this isn't a good example match, but it seems to me Okayama would crush both of these teams in a match. Really different skill sets. It's like the Japanese learn from the bottom up and Euros learn from the top down. Something like that

• Buse Ünal serve placement is fabulous

She looks familiar but I don't recognize the name. Did she play recently with the NT?

• Koolhaas with a Monster ..................... Dig :!: :)

• AGY 3–2. That was a good match for this rainy Sunday morning :P

• Was there a recent holiday in Turkey that everyone is still a little hungover from :lol:

Matches at this level reveal unpolished skills that result in errors/lost points. The Big Gun Girl Teams make a different set of mistakes.

Altinli, this isn't a good example match, but it seems to me Okayama would crush both of these teams in a match. Really different skill sets. It's like the Japanese learn from the bottom up and Euros learn from the top down. Something like that

Okayama surely would crush Nilüfer (-Buse Ünal) but I would like to think not with AGY which of some of the biggest talents in Turkey.

To really judge something like that is just way too hard as you said, the skill sets in asian volleyball vs euro volleyball is so different. Even in the indonesian league they seem sometimes better defensively but they'd get crushed by Euro teams, same way teams as Japan can sometimes. beat Italy or Serbia aka the very best of Euro too. I guess we'd know only if they played vs each other.

Euro teams are also psychologically not as strong tbh, f.e. this same Nilüfer somehow beat a THY with NT players like Seyma, Anne Buijs, Aelbrecht, Kingdon etc.

• I can't get the stat site to load. Seems like the young AGY Romanian OP had a decent match. Pretty consistent and she tried to hit the ball harder than others

• Derya and Tugba both at 18 pts 48%

Alexia 19 pts 40%

Nicole Koolhaas 11pts 73% (2 blocks)

Gozde Goggles 9pts 45% (3 blocks)

Derya terrible reception 9%-5%

At Nilüfer

Zhidkova and Humay made a lot of points but not a great%